Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIII-2

How about taking the opinions people had of FFXIII and creating FFXV with them in mind instead of giving us more XIII. I doubt they are going to make a game that fans are happy with, especially in such a short span of time.

Vesus XIII looks exactly like Crisis Core. Then again Crisis Core was arguably the last good game Square made so maybe thats a good thing.

What a waste of time.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Okay looks like Versus XIII has progressive day and night cycle.
    Still they didn't show the world map or airship yet.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

You're all a bunch of sour patch kids. Sheesh.

Something that gives me hope though, from Episode i, however:

"Gran Pulse was far larger than anyone on Cocoon could imagine, and airships would be a big part of people’s lives here."

Airships, you say? I would very much like an airship to fly around Pulse in. Though I'm not counting on it. None the less I still can't wait for this game.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Even if we get an airship we'll still only be able to travel in one line between the clouds or something retarded like that
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Well, I liked XIII as it was already, I can't imagine this game will be anything but better. It seems like they may be going with a more high fantasy look as well with Lightning being a knight in armor, no more crazy technology. They may just be making this the most apologetic, fan-focused Final Fantasy yet!!!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I wonder how many people will buy it, because if I had played the first entry of a series and didn't like it at all, why would I be compelled to buy a sequel?

I seriously doubt Square-Enix are going to make the same mistakes in terms of linearity again. It will also be kind of hard to explain why nobody is speaking to them now that they are no longer l'Cie.

What is making me most curious is that both the noises coming out of Square and the epilogue in the International Version make it sound like there are only going to be 2 playable characters, which should make for an interesting battle system.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Well, if everyone is on Pulse now, this may be a bit of an improvement. Gran Pulse was far and away the best part of FFXIII (probably because it was the only part that wasn't a linear piece of ).

Still, not happy. If they want to use what they learned from FFXIII, do it to make FFXV. smurf this .

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I have merged an existing thread on this topic. Please use the Final Fantasy XIII forum to discuss issues related to the Final Fantasy XIII series.

I am glad that they are recycling items from Final Fantasy XIII because the production cost and turnaround time was substantial. At least they'll be able to release a new Final Fantasy within the year rather than within the next three to five years!
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    I have merged an existing thread on this topic. Please use the Final Fantasy XIII forum to discuss issues related to the Final Fantasy XIII series.
    Looks like you're going to have to create another forum now that Agito is now its own stand-alone FF series.

But I agree with you about getting a new FF out soon rather than in donkey years. I doubt XV will be on this current console cycle anyway. I just hope that they change the battle mechanics (which seems likely) and add to the locations, otherwise it might as well be some DLC.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by champagne supernova View Post
    What is making me most curious is that both the noises coming out of Square and the epilogue in the International Version make it sound like there are only going to be 2 playable characters, which should make for an interesting battle system.
    What "noises" would you be referring to, and what leads you to believe this? The game just got announced. Remember when FFXIII first got announced? The only character we saw or knew anything about was Lightning. We ended up getting a full cast though.

I just watched the teaser. Lightning looks awesome. But why is she in armor I wonder? Perhaps she's using the warrior dressphere?
    Last edited by DMKA; 01-18-2011 at 08:14 PM.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    What "noises" would you be referring to, and what leads you to believe this? The game just got announced. Remember when FFXIII first got announced? The only character we saw or knew anything about was Lightning. We ended up getting a full cast though.

I just watched the teaser. Lightning looks awesome. But why is she in armor I wonder? Perhaps she's using the warrior dressphere?
    Squenix apparently said Lightning would be joined by a new character. Not the cast, but Lightning. The artwork focuses on 2 characters and the epilogue that you linked to leaves the rest of the cast in crystal stasis or busy with their own vibe.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by champagne supernova View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post

Squenix apparently said Lightning would be joined by a new character. Not the cast, but Lightning. The artwork focuses on 2 characters and the epilogue that you linked to leaves the rest of the cast in crystal stasis or busy with their own vibe.
    Meh, you have a point, I really hope that isn't the case though. The jury's still out, I say!
    I like Kung-Fu.

may purchase this...