Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIII-2

Type-0 is still part of the Fabula Nova Crystalis series.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

If they make a cool combat system like FFX-2 had, I'll wind up playing. I'll probably find the story mind-numbing, just like FX-2, but I'll play it.

Not sure what to think, but I'll buy and play em all. Good to know we'll have some new games from them this year at least.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Personally I'm much more disheartened by the stunt they pulled with Agito XIII, Wolf.
    You know... Agito was the only part of the XIII FNC I was actually interested in so having it be removed from a terrible travesty of a title like XIII is just good news to me.

Honestly, XIII-2 will probably not make me happy but that's because it wasn't just the gameplay that disappointed me but also the story and characters. While the opportunity to play a Vanille free XIII is tempting, if the title is suppose to address fan complaints, then we may also bear witness to Squenix's answer to "Awesome Raiden" from MGS4, where Hope will be transformed into a gun toting, motorcycle riding, dead hooker body disposal badass from the 8 circles of Hell. That possibility is enough to make me not touch the game.

I still need to watch the trailer for Versus, I still have low hopes because Nojima is the main writer but maybe the gameplay will make up for it? Maybe I'll just wait for The Last Story...

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    If they make a cool combat system like FFX-2 had, I'll wind up playing. I'll probably find the story mind-numbing, just like FX-2, but I'll play it.
    That's pretty much how I feel. X-2 had the best battle system of any FF for the last several years. The story was pretty crap, but the gameplay was superb. Since I liked Lightning and the story wasn't that bad, I have hopes for this game. For starters, the game taking place on Gran Pulse is a good start.

then we may also bear witness to Squenix's answer to "Awesome Raiden" from MGS4, where Hope will be transformed into a gun toting, motorcycle riding, dead hooker body disposal badass from the 8 circles of Hell. That possibility is enough to make me not touch the game.
    Are you kidding? It would be freaking awesome if they did that!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    then we may also bear witness to Squenix's answer to "Awesome Raiden" from MGS4, where Hope will be transformed into a gun toting, motorcycle riding, dead hooker body disposal badass from the 8 circles of Hell. That possibility is enough to make me not touch the game.
    Agreed. I'd buy ten copies.
    I like Kung-Fu.

I'll buy this game if:

*They all wear skimpier clothes in this game
    *It gets a new job system
    *Lightning becomes a J-pop sensation
    *They recognize that XIII was a horrible mistake

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    Type-0 is still part of the Fabula Nova Crystalis series.
    So Type-0 is now a sub-series within a sub-series? SE has lost it.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Make it a very slow turn based .

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'll definitely be playing this.

Also, with regards to the whole "I'd rather they just make FFXV" thing, perhaps they are making an intelligent move and doing this in order to get a better feel for exactly what people are after before they jump into making FFXV. If they continue with three games per generation, they'll want to finish off the PS3/360 generation with a really good one. Especially due to not wanting to have three games in a row panned.

Oddly, I recently read on IGN that the reviews for FFXIII were generally heading towards good while in Japan they were much worse. It's a good read, the article - something like Japan in Decline or something.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

The way I see it is if XIII left you disappointed then buy it. Because the first one wasn't good, the sequel will in no way ruin it and you won't have high ecpectations (unlike X-2). If you did like it, be wary, because chances are, they changed things around. So ironically the sequel will more likely please those who hated XIII than those who liked it.
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Agreed. I'd buy ten copies.
    "Light... THIS TIME, it's my turn to protect you!"

Regarding Final Fantasy XIII-2
    I was surprised when they had announced the release date for this game. That's quite a change of pace, considering that Square-Enix likes to release games after years and years. It wasn't like this back in old PSX-PS2 days.

Well, I guess sequels are an exception. They probably use the same stuff from XIII to develop XIII-2. That's probably why it's a lot faster to finish it. For example, Killzone 2 was developed for 5 years or so, and then Killzone 3 gets developed within 1 or 2 years after that.

I like the XIII-2 teaser; love her new clothes! But I have a question... You figure that while playing XIII nearly the end, Sazh, Hope, Vanille, Fang, Snow and Light sympathise with each other; like to work with each other; are determined to end the whole thing (the boss) with each other. They are great friends. Like, they are destined to be with each other. So, shouldn't they help Light and that new character to rescue Vanille and Fang in XIII-2? It doesn't make sense if they decide not to help them and rather move on. Unless, something happened to them too?

Regarding Final Fantasy XIII Versus
    What a fantastic trailer. The low quality graphic looked almost real! Especially the starting CGI scenes. Before this trailer, they released like 10-30 seconds trailers. Was pleased that this was like a 6 minutes trailer... it's about time, lol. But I was disappointed when they didn't mention the release date. Dunno if that's a good thing or not, but it'd would imply that Versus would be released after XIII-2. Can't wait for the HD version

Regarding Final Fantasy Type 0
    The trailer was awesome. Nuff said.
    Last edited by Serapy; 01-19-2011 at 03:22 PM.

While I am excited that XIII-2 will be made, the release date worries me.They rushed 14 to the market, they really don't need to rush any more games. I understand that time has been but from the development process due to teh fact theat they can use content from XIII, but it still worries me. I also don't like Lightning's new outfit. Other than that, I can't wait for the game and I hope it will be awesome.
    Lamia's Tiara- Headgear in FFIX
    Lamia's Flute- Weapon for Eiko in FFIX
    Lamia in FFV- a enemy
    appearance: a lady with long brown hair, wearing a tiara...half woman and half snake.
    Lamia in FF3j- A Harp
    Lamia in FFL2- An enemy
    FF2j Queen Lamia, at one point she even gets Frionel in a bedroom with her and jumps on the bed and says "take me!".. before she turns into her snakey self. She serves as a mini boss in this game (as Queen Lamia).. and after you fight her as a mini boss, regular lamia's become random foes and later on in the game, Queen Lamia's become random foes as well.
    LamiaScl. an item that paralyzes foes.
    According to legend, she was once a Libyan queen (or princess) who fell in love with Zeus. Zeus' jealous wife Hera deformed her into a monster and murdered their offspring. She also made Lamia unable to close her eyes, so that she couldn't find any rest from the obsessing image of her dead children. When Zeus saw what had be done to Lamia, he felt pity for her and gave his former lover a gift: she could remove her eyes, and then put them on again. This way, though sleepless, she could rest from her misfortune. Lamia envied other the other mothers and took her vengeance by stealing their children and devouring them.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
    While I am excited that XIII-2 will be made, the release date worries me.They rushed 14 to the market, they really don't need to rush any more games. I understand that time has been but from the development process due to teh fact theat they can use content from XIII, but it still worries me.
    Yeah, same here. The one thing I can't stop thinking about is the fact that it's slated for this year's release...that's awfully soon.

Of course, it only took Ubisoft a year to make Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood which gave me the same concerns, and it ended up being one of my favorite games ever and the best AC game (in my humble opinion). So who knows, maybe developers are just getting faster.
    I like Kung-Fu.