Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIII-2

Can't make out what the hell is going on in any of the trailers. The Agito one had no sound so was pretty meh & the XIII-2 trailer was cool i guess but was over in a second.

Now the Versus trailer...holy smurfing ! I have no idea what the hell is going on but IT LOOKS FREAKING FUN AS HELL. Looks like they're going for the interactive environment style like in Uncharted 2. Looks promising. Hope Square finally delivers and makes a decent FF. Haven't played a goddamn Final Fantasy in forever.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

So is this game going to have Sazh? If not, what's the point?

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Frocobo should be a playable character.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm sure they'll add another token minority character to the cast to please all the white people, so they can pretend to be totally down with brown people by saying how much they love the character
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Quote Originally Posted by kotora View Post
    I'm sure they'll add another token minority character to the cast to please all the white people, so they can pretend to be totally down with brown people by saying how much they love the character
    That is not the reason why I liked Sazh and his baby chocobo.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    woah!!! :O for real!! Omg Yes!! =D
    @ silent warior.. Absolute!! get ps3!! xD
    Fie! Thou misspelleth!
    Hm, the price HAS dropped considerably - 3000 SEK (YOU divide by 7-ish to get a USD-estimate... :P €300-350) for one with a 160 Gb harddrive, 4000 for 320 Gb. Runnin' outta excuses here...
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

Blog Entries

This is another "we shall see" but it needed to be done and I shall certainly be buying it. The whole fabulous nova wotsit represents my last hope for the series, but XIII itself wasn't half bad at all... vast improvement over XII anyway.

(I "get" XII now after actually watching the original Star Wars and realising that it's one giant reference where Ashe is Princess Leia, Balthier is Han Solo, Fran is Chewy, Basch is Luke, and Vaan and Penelo are C3P0 and R2D2 but it's still crap and it doesn't stand up on its own without watching Star Wars first)

Quote Originally Posted by champagne supernova View Post
    Squenix apparently said Lightning would be joined by a new character. Not the cast, but Lightning. The artwork focuses on 2 characters and the epilogue that you linked to leaves the rest of the cast in crystal stasis or busy with their own vibe.
    Ah another one with minimal playable characters. YRP in position... no wait.. Lightning, Bolt and Wind... LBW? Lightning, Pyro and Gust... LPG?

Has to be a job switching thing again, surely. Cool. I'm waiting to see Sazh in a Lady Luck outfit. Oh wait he's not playable... HMPH! Not interested after all!

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    This is kinda like Pixar putting out a Cars 2 movie. I mean of all the games to give a sequel to, they chose FFXIII? Weird.
    You kidding? With the complete mess that constituted FFXIII post-Pulse-visit and its ending, this is the ripest FF for a sequel EVER MADE. It absolutely needed to be done for the sanity of all involved. Even FF7 would've survived without AC, but XIII without a XIII-2? No.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

A crappy game with a crappy ending does not make it 'ripe' for a sequel.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

my face when
    Last edited by Old Manus; 03-23-2011 at 11:33 PM.

there was a picture here

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Ah but it's a awesome game with a crappy ending

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    But I imagine making a sequel is just way too easy and profitable too pass up rather than focusing all their attention in a new fresh title.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

To be fair, I also agree that FF13 is probably the most apt of all the titles for a sequel. Though a lot of it rides on how poor the ending was and unfleshed out the story was.

Hmm, I'm actually for this. Square has been pretty open about listening to fan feedback. Maybe they will give everyone what they were always bitching about. I didn't hate or love XIII either, so this is just another game I can watch and probably play. Since gaming is my only hobby beside extreme sports rodeo, I'm always glad when one that grabs my interest pops up. I cross my fingers I get another long, unnecessary piggyback in the sun too.
    Last edited by LunarWeaver; 01-22-2011 at 05:15 PM.

As long as the world is still so empty, I am not really interested. I liked the characters, the music, the gameplay, but the world was just soooo disengaging. When a few hunks of stone have more dialogue than random NPCs in your game, you know something is wrong.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.