Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIII-2

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default Final Fantasy XIII-2 announced on PS3/360

Release window :2011 in Japan

-Toriyama is back for you
    -They were only able to show a short trailer at the event, but development is progressing well, says Toriyama. They are working so that the game serves as the answer to the opinions they received about FFXIII.
    Lightning seems to be at the core of this new episode.
    A brand new character will accompany Lightning on her journey.
    The FFXIII-2 trailer showed Lightning in armor. She was engaged in a sword fight with a purple haired man.

----------------------------------------------------

Final Fantasy Type-0 on PSP this summer in Japan

-Shipping on 2 UMDs.
    -Tabata says Agito has been renamed because he didn't think it was enough like Final Fantasy XIII.
    -There's over 30 different speaking characters in Type-0.
    - 12 Playable character with Multiplayer
    -Tabata says Agito has been renamed because he didn't think it was enough like Final Fantasy XIII.
    http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/0/

------------------------------------------------------

Final Fantasy Versus XIII

- Still PS3 exclusive.
    - The trailer appears to have a whole lot of gameplay footage, including combat scenes with swords and guns, a scene where you control a tank-like vehicle, a scene where you climb aboard a bipedal robot, a battle with a massive creature (this may be the combat scene from the TGS trailer), and a battle where Noctis wields his sword against a group of soldiers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ShinGundam; 01-18-2011 at 12:53 PM.

Ugh, another debate on whether or not I should get a PS3? Ick!
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I just watched Type-0 trailer, MY BODY IS READY
    OMG

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

woah!!! :O for real!! Omg Yes!! =D
    @ silent warior.. Absolute!! get ps3!! xD

i rlly like that picture of lightning with that black armor :O
    it kinda reminds me of a MMORPG i play :O

xD i guess i gotta hurry now finishing FF13.. im near the end but still havent finished it :3

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Type-0 ~
    YouTube - PSP

Versus XIII trailer
    YouTube - PS3
    Last edited by ShinGundam; 01-18-2011 at 02:16 PM.

Default Final Fantasy XIII-2

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Announced - PS3 News at IGN

And so it is now official. Squenix are hoping to milk a cow (or maybe rescue a game with promise).

The most curious aspect of what has been revealed is a 2011 Japan release. Which would probably mean December-ish, roughly 2 years after the release of XIII. What this suggests to me is that there will be a lot of reused content (and perhaps that stuff they couldn't fit in).

What is more promising is that there is a new character, which hopefully means this won't be a rehash of old concepts.

So what are the thoughts around here? Will it be better/worse/the same as the original? Should we care?

I am slightly optimistic. XIII had a lot of beautifully detailed areas already, so hopefully in the 2 years they can expand it out and make it a fully-fleshed world. And maybe make some use of the mythology that they have created. It does beg the question why they didn't just wait 2 years to release it in the first place, but what's done is done.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

"They were only able to show a short trailer at the event, but development is progressing well, says Toriyama. They are working so that the game serves as the answer to the opinions they received about FFXIII."
    I hope this isn't part of the horrible FF10->FF12->FF13 ping pong match of not knowing what they are doing.

That said, the high point of FF13 for me was watching Lightning rip up, so there is some promise in this. I don't have any confidence this will elevate past FF13's poor writing, but with some gameplay tweaks I will probably find it worth playing.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Logo:

I also read they announced Final Fantasy Agito XIII is no longer Agito XIII but Final Fantasy Type-0. It's no longer part of FF XIII series, they want to make it into its own series (which is why they registered the names Type-1, Type-2 and Type-3 already too, I guess). Dunno if it's true, but if it is, this whole FNC is really becoming the joke of the gaming century.

EDIT: Here's the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObiaN...layer_embedded

I really hate to sound positive, but Lightning as a knight looks cool. Aside from that, nothing can be said about the trailer. It's more like a teaser.
    Last edited by Elpizo; 01-18-2011 at 01:34 PM.

DMKA posted this in another thread. It's a translation of the epilogue of the international version of XIII that was recently released in Japan.

-Dilly Dally, Shilly Shally-Lissar's Translations: Final Fantasy XIII: Episode i

It's long, so here's my quick summary.
    (SPOILER)
    Basically right at the end of the ending FMV. People are being evacuated off Cocoon. Sazh decides he wants to help by being a pilot. Serah decides she wants to start a school. Snow decides he wants to build a new home town. Hope decides he wants to do something to help (typical Hope - useless). Vanille & Fang are still stuck in crystal and tell everybody to not come after them. Lightning decides they're all busy being kids or looking after each other, so she sets off by herself to try find a way to get Vanille & Fang out of their crystal stasis. Ends up with some bizarre dreamy illusion about being at a sea.

With the noises coming out of Squenix combined with the epilogue, it would seem that the game will only feature Lightning and one new character, and not the entire cast. Which would imply a very different type of battle system - maybe one where you control Lightning directly and the other character is only A.I.

Anyway, there is also a mention of the Goddess in the epilogue, so maybe the game will start getting its lore together in a way that makes sense.

EDIT: That teaser is quite teasing. I just hope they have a clear vision this time. I won't say XIII wasn't focused, because it was, but I think the linearity was a result of all the other elements they were trying to incorporate not making sense and having to be cut.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh my god

this game is going to combine the suck of FFX-2 and FF13

what have they done
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

FFXIV Character

Let's try to remain optimistic, shall we? I know, it's hard, but the game deserves a chance. You'll never know a miracle happens. ^^"

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

OMG OMG OMG AHHHHHHAHAHAH! I am so friggin excited! Yaaaay! I haven't been this excited for a game in ages! Yay!

The FFXIII hater tears will be delicious!
    I like Kung-Fu.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    OMG OMG OMG AHHHHHHAHAHAH! I am so friggin excited! Yaaaay! I haven't been this excited for a game in ages! Yay!

The FFXIII hater tears will be delicious!
    Well you're not getting any of mine. Since FFXIII I don't have any more tears to shed.
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Personally I'm much more disheartened by the stunt they pulled with Agito XIII, Wolf.