Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Versus XIII Trailer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Attachment 34003

Is this:

A) The villain.
    B) The same person as in the second picture.
    C) Evil ruler/king/emperor and such.
    D) Noctis' dad.
    E) Other, please state below.
    E - Cid. He looks like a Cid. Whether he's a villain or not is pretty uncertain these days.

Attachment 34004

Is this:

A) Noctis' dad.
    B) Noctis, but old.
    C) Noctis' uncle, relative, etc.
    D) Other, please state below.
    A - as we know

Attachment 34005

Is this:

A) Noctis' dad.
    B) Noctis, but old.
    C) The same person as in the previous picture.
    D - Random additional playable character.

The quality of the character renderings really is incredible. I remember when I thought Spirits Within was stunning (it's a bit so-so now)

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    Reminds me of The Lion King if the first pic is of another relative who wants to be king. Isn't The Lion King based on Hamlet or something? And didn't the first Versus XIII trailer have a Shakespeare quote in it? Coincidence? That could be part of the plot right there.
    Lol, let's please not go back to the Shakespearean thing again. I remember when the international trailer came out and everyone jumped the gun saying it was "Romeo & Juliet" and "Hamlet", etc. It was just a stupid quote, doesn't prove anything.
    Heh I never knew the shakespearean thing was such a big deal in the past. Anyway I wouldn't dismiss the possibility so easily, and I think it should be back up for discussion.

It was just a stupid quote, doesn't prove anything.
    "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

Could just refer to the game being grey instead of the typical black & white, hero versus villain of most FFs/games. And it's not a stupid quote; Shakespeare is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudane View Post
    Attachment 34003

Is this:

A) The villain.
    B) The same person as in the second picture.
    C) Evil ruler/king/emperor and such.
    D) Noctis' dad.
    E) Other, please state below.
    E - Cid. He looks like a Cid. Whether he's a villain or not is pretty uncertain these days.
    Surprising answer, very plausable!

Quote Originally Posted by champagne supernova View Post
    It was just a stupid quote, doesn't prove anything.
    "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

Could just refer to the game being grey instead of the typical black & white, hero versus villain of most FFs/games. And it's not a stupid quote; Shakespeare is awesome
    I believe it is from Hamlet when refering to Denmark as a prison (I studied it at A level much to my discontent) so it might be referring to the state of Noctis' country seeing as they are at civil war. The quote may not directly refer to the plot but I think they are just showing a similarity of themes (Nation is at war, struggle for power as the King, son trying to protect his father's legacy etc.) And people may complain how the plot of son-trying-to-reclaim-his-fathers-throne-from-uncle is way too cliched and overused but I was taught in media, in essence, there are only seven or eight (I can't remember the exact number) stories that are told over and over again (so we shouldn't be too harsh on XII lol). Even Shakespeare 'stole' quite a few of his stories from older sources (Hamlet was originally an Dannish story, hence it being set in Denmark)

I'll stop my little history lesson for now lol.

I thought that the third picture was the same person in the second picture personally. It's just that the second was in-game graphics and the second was from a cutscene. But I dunno, I'm probably wrong.

Edit: Shakespeare's over-rated
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.

Articles
    Blog Entries

why do we need to see numbers popping up displaying the damage on every hit? Do they think I'm some math loving azn or something? When I hit a mothersmurfer I want to see the actual damage, not having to interpret it through some numbers. Our modern age hardware is more than up for that task, so why are they using these outdated methods.
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Quote Originally Posted by kotora View Post
    why do we need to see numbers popping up displaying the damage on every hit? Do they think I'm some math loving azn or something? When I hit a mothersmurfer I want to see the actual damage, not having to interpret it through some numbers. Our modern age hardware is more than up for that task, so why are they using these outdated methods.
    It's probably to keep it more 'traditional' or something. In KH, there wasn't any numbers. I personally like it tbh though.
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kotora View Post
    It's probably to keep it more 'traditional' or something. In KH, there wasn't any numbers. I personally like it tbh though.
    The numbered Final Fantasies had it, so I think Nomura is paying homage to them. Besides it's not like you HAVE TO count the numbers or something, there's still the old health bar, so you can guesstimate if you want! This is just one of those quirks that FF has to keep the old fashion crowds engaged.

Attachment 34005

Is this:

A) Noctis' dad.
    B) Noctis, but old.
    C) The same person as in the previous picture.
    Quite simple - D) Alan Rickman. Am I the only one who sees Hans Gruber from Die Hard in the picture?

Holy Crap this actually looks awesome, It's been awhile since I got this excited for a Final Fantasy title.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot View Post
    Edit: Shakespeare's over-rated
    People may have gone overboard on their opinion of him, but he was still insanely good.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This was an interview Nomura did later with Famitsu that got translated. It details some interesting new pieces of info about the scenes showed in the trailer as well as some gameplay details.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

That interview sounds like we've definitely got some good things in store for us. I'm genuinely excited for this, and for the first time in a while I'm really not expecting a significant disappointment.

I am glad I got a PS3, I am really looking forward to this installment.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    This was an interview Nomura did later with Famitsu that got translated. It details some interesting new pieces of info about the scenes showed in the trailer as well as some gameplay details.
    Nice read Wolf! Guess I was wrong about the 2 robed mages being the same (dammit it seemed so obvious)! Anyways like how the large World and combat are really being defined. Apparently there's an older article on the site:Final Fantasy Versus XIII Update (andriasang.com, 01.25.2011) and apparently everyone in the royal family has the "eye's turn red then go supersayin" power. Able to control multiple weapons and have them spinning around Noct and the ability to do short instant teleportations. Definitely looking cool!