Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: New Versus XIII Trailer

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    That interview sounds like we've definitely got some good things in store for us. I'm genuinely excited for this, and for the first time in a while I'm really not expecting a significant disappointment.
    I have to agree. I was not impressed with the early info on XIII, but Versus really has shaped up to be the game that is doing some good things.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Yeah, that interview has me stoked. I also find it interesting that he mentioned that l'cie and the Goddess Etro will be part of the game.

It seems that it really is connected to FFXIII more than just through a "vague crystal theme". Huh.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Yeah, that interview has me stoked. I also find it interesting that he mentioned that l'cie and the Goddess Etro will be part of the game.

It seems that it really is connected to FFXIII more than just through a "vague crystal theme". Huh.
    I'm guessing you havn't read the mythology thing? L'cie and Fal'cie are a part of the world. And of Course Etros is gonna be there. From the first trailer, they've been starring at her picture (Noctis and Stella)!

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

It was indeed a good read. A lot of freedom, villages and exploration sound like music to my ears.
    Wish Nomura confirmed there were going to be treasure chests, though.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

The inconsistency of the graphics is pretty weird. Some of it is nearly indistinguishable from live-action and some of it is below FFXIII's quality. Not that I'm complaining P:

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    The inconsistency of the graphics is pretty weird. Some of it is nearly indistinguishable from live-action and some of it is below FFXIII's quality. Not that I'm complaining P:
    CGI vs In-Engine footage? FFXIII had it too, not only in it's trailers, but in the actual game as well. Get the 720p version of the VERSUS XIII trailer that i linked on this thread earlier. The In-Engine scenes are alot better than XIII's, so unless you saw a low res version of the trailer, I really don't know what your talking about when it comes to being worse than XIII.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The "castle" based on the Tokyo metropolitan government building with 4 towers instead of 2.

I find myself getting excited about this for no real reason, which was very weird. I normally get excited about particular bits of a trailer or things that I think look particularly well executed. But there was none of that, no real analysis at all. It took quite a while sitting down and thinking about what my reaction was to realize why.

It reminds me of Persona. I see a dark fantasy atmosphere in a modern day setting, and my mind just sort of jumps track and goes "Persona, yay!". I don't have much of an opinion of the game itself beyond that. Rather worrying.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Im right there with Nomura when it comes to the release for VERSUS XIII!
    In 2011, just in the Final Fantasy series they have: FinalFantasy012DuoDecim, Final Fantasy XIII-2, FF Type-0, FFIV: Complete Collection and FFXIV (PS3 Version). On the Eidos Front they got Deus EX:Human Revolution, Laura Croft Tomb Raider Trilogy (HD collection), Hitman 5, Tomb Raider reboot, etc. Not to mention all the other general SE releases like 3rd Birthday, Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together, Dungeon Siege 3, etc.
    They don't want to oversaturate the market and suck all the available $$ out of it all at once and compete with themselves. Plus with all these big releases they need something for next year. If they have a killer 2011 fiscal year, what will they have in 2012? I'm pretty sure SE will gear FF VERSUS XIII for a 2012 fiscal year launch so that investors will stay happy. btw fiscal 2012 starts in April 2012!

Just my thought as to what Nomura was talking about "being patient this year" probably a financial move (they probably still need development time too of course)!
    Last edited by nirojan; 02-11-2011 at 01:24 AM.

wow that game looks so epic the word epic cant even decribe it... gameplay and all... but it looks like we still have quite some time to wait before they release it. and thank God i have a ps3

yes, im wasting my teenage years playing final fantasy. no, that's a good thing.