Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Versus XIII Trailer

Default New Versus XIII Trailer

YouTube - PS3

It's the leaked one from this morning. Shows some of the gameplay mechanics along with showing some more of the characters. With dialogue. If anybody speaks Japanese and would like to translate, that would be fantastic.

Of some interest is that Nomura said that he has held firm on FF Versus XIII remaining a PS3 exclusive. Not getting into a console flaming war but commenting that it would appear that Nomura is receiving some autonomy if he is able to resist the executives above him. Which hopefully means that there won't be a XIV fiasco.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Final Fantasy Versus XIII stays PS3 exclusive in seven glorious minutes | Warp Zoned

Another vid with commentary by yours truly, in what I am sure is horrible grammar (which i almost spelled with an e)

I think it's looking really good. I was surprised to see just how much gameplay they showed and how diverse it is, with the sword swinging, shooting, and hopping on turrets and mechs all seeming really different. The cutscenes look insane and it looks like there's going to be tons of interactive set pieces in and outside of combat, which is something XIII definitely lacked.

In other words, it's a good thing they kept it exclusive

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

At first, i thought more like KH1 but looking around it seems like its more of BBS.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

It looks awesome and....so grimdark and gritty...I can't wait. Shame there's still no release date. But at least I finally know what the battles look like.

I just wish they characters didn't have that supergay androgenous design.
    I like Kung-Fu.

By the looks of it I figured we'd might get it by years end. I hope at least. Didn't they start this in 2007?

PS3 exclusive! I'm so glad, cos a lot of people say the 360 version gimped XIII so this way we have no fear of that happening. And besides 360 sucks, they don't deserve this. It's looking really awesome now and I'm so glad that you have other characters fighting with you (I had thought that all along but now it's been confirmed). I wonder how the controls will work with all of Noctis' weapons and moves. And I was wondering, can you switch who you control in battle?

Is it me or does Noctis' Father look like a slightly older Reeve?
    Last edited by Hot Shot; 01-18-2011 at 11:02 PM.
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.

Well it looks like that they change character from Noctis to guy with gun midway through one of the fights, so that suggests you can change characters mid battle. If you look in the top-right corner, there is also a bar that either counts down or counts up.

And I'm not amped that it isn't multi-platform because I think the PS3 is such a superior platform (if it is, it is going to be marginal). I'm amped that Nomura decided it was going to be a PS3 exclusive and the executives who were pushing for multi-platform had to stand down. With XIII, I think that was the problem - the executives had too much of a hand in it and that diluted whatever vision the developers wanted to take.

EDIT: They said a while back it's unlikely to make 2011. So 2012 release in Japan, meaning either a late 2012/early 2013 release for the rest of the world.

If theres one thing you can't fault Square on its the quality of their CGI. That stuff looks damn impressive.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by champagne supernova View Post
    EDIT: They said a while back it's unlikely to make 2011. So 2012 release in Japan, meaning either a late 2012/early 2013 release for the rest of the world.
    2011 is still possible, they just weren't willing to promise it, so we may as well just call it a 2012 game.

But keep in mind that FFXIII's Japanese release and rest of the world release was only different by a little less than three months. There's no reason it can't be the same with this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    If theres one thing you can't fault Square on its the quality of their CGI. That stuff looks damn impressive.
    Agreed.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Square Enix Seeking Final Fantasy Versus XIII Planners (andriasang.com, 10.18.2010)

Square Enix seems to be serious about this whole Final Fantasy Versus XIII thing. In fact, to speed up completion of the project, they're taking the extraordinary measure of actually hiring new staff.

A visual from a recruitment page off the Square Enix site:

The notice says that Square Enix is seeking a large number of planners for Versus XIII. There are two specific listings: battle planner and level design planner.

Battle planner requires such work as creation of enemy characters for an action RPG, "creation of the battle concept for each chapter, field and dungeon," formation of "enemy character algorithms, parameter settings and other data work," and management of graphics resources. This position asks for people with experience making PS3 and Xbox 360 package games and those with knowledge of battles and level creation.

Level design planner requires such work as "development of action games" and "creation of level design based off the scenario." This position requires that candidates have experience making action games.

Both jobs are out of Square Enix's Shinjuku studio.

FFXIV Character

It's like they care more about VersusXIII than main series entry XIII.

I'm sure there's some way of blaming the 360 for this that Sony fanboys can conjure up.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm waiting for people to take the part of the job description section that says:

This position asks for people with experience making PS3 and Xbox 360 package games and those with knowledge of battles and level creation.

and start saying that SE has unofficially hinted that Versus will go multi-platform. Seriously, I will so laugh if Wada shows up in the Microsoft event at E3 this year and announces Versus will be on the 360 in North America and PAL regions again.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

anyone have an alternate link, the video was taken down and I'm having trouble finding another video of it?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Elskidor View Post
    By the looks of it I figured we'd might get it by years end. I hope at least. Didn't they start this in 2007?
    More like 2009, i think building world based on actual world is very time-consuming especially getting the right scale of these locations. Also, we only saw the first Area and random region.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I'm waiting for people to take the part of the job description section that says:

This position asks for people with experience making PS3 and Xbox 360 package games and those with knowledge of battles and level creation.

and start saying that SE has unofficially hinted that Versus will go multi-platform. Seriously, I will so laugh if Wada shows up in the Microsoft event at E3 this year and announces Versus will be on the 360 in North America and PAL regions again.
    I won't be. Nomura doesn't want to go multi-platform. If there's one thing we've learnt of late, corporate interference messes up games. If Wada announces that, it just means Nomura has lost his independence, and then we can get to see more 'good ideas' from the executives in the game.