Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Hearts 3D

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

It seems that most people like the ds better, but how I define hardcore is nose to the grindstone, and while the ds may have a wider variety of unique games, the psp has more games that reward those who stick it out and fight to the end: warriors orochi 2, crisis core, secret agent clank, all ps1 games, dissidia, and size matters to name a few. These games have the more substansial feel of a PS2 game as opposed to a ds's cartoonyness. The ds is for fun, the psp is for SOLDIERs.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    Nomura has also confirmed that the bell tower from which Sora jumps in the trailer is from The Hunchback of Notre Dame, the first of the confirmed Disney worlds to be making an appearance in the game.
    Frollo = Ifrit Summon or GTFO

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan
    If any of you want to continue this discussion (and you probably will) lets move it to a more appropriate area, like the general gaming section to dispute our differences of opinions and leave KH3D alone. Anyone care to start a Hardcore thread or a PSP vs DS thread, be my guest. I don't want to continue this on a KH thread.
    Only because you asked so nice.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Cool, this is the first I've heard about this.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

The Hunchback of Norte Dame world? AWESOME!!!! That gives me hope for a Pocahontas world somewhere down the line!

Sadly I don't do handhelds so I won't be playing this or any of the other spinoff games, although I did play Chain of Memories (abiet of questionable legality) and Re:Chain of Memories because it was PS2. So unless this gets a home console remake I probably won't ever play it, and I doubt that will happen.

I hate this stupid "You have to buy five consoles to play all the games!" thing the KH series has done. It's all but killed my interest in the series.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    The Hunchback of Norte Dame world? AWESOME!!!! That gives me hope for a Pocahontas world somewhere down the line!

Sadly I don't do handhelds so I won't be playing this or any of the other spinoff games, although I did play Chain of Memories (abiet of questionable legality) and Re:Chain of Memories because it was PS2. So unless this gets a home console remake I probably won't ever play it, and I doubt that will happen.

I hate this stupid "You have to buy five consoles to play all the games!" thing the KH series has done. It's all but killed my interest in the series.
    Yes, if this is not a sequel game I won't play it. I bought a damn Ps3 to play games like these, wasn't that enough? FORGET IT!

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    Too bad. The best games in the series are on handhelds
    But don't they all have that crappy card battling system?
    I like Kung-Fu.

PS2 had so many great RPG games, KH1 and KH2 being in the top. When PS3 came out my hands where itching to get one as I was expecting more great RPG games but now I got a PS3 (at the cost of all my money >_<) and there isn't many titles that actually interest me and a new KH is no where to be seen.

I got a DS but I don't think that the spin-offs for DS has been that great, Birth by sleep looks far more interesting but I don't own a PSP and after I bought PS3 I can't afford putting more money into gaming consoles.

The 3DS game looks interesting but it will take awhile before I can buy a 3DS. Its sad that the game creators have to change between the different systems all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    But don't they all have that crappy card battling system?
    Only the GBA game.

"It is a well-known fact that all heroes in all tales disliked vegetables as children.
    Their legend begins with their overcoming of this weakness, and then continues with a journey filled with hardships.
    That noble vegetable, the onion, lives on as a symbol of hardships overcome, and as the mark of a true hero.
    "

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It's interesting to note that this will be the first game without Olympus Colosseum if all the Disney worlds are new.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Kingdom hearts 3 will be on the wii

GAWD I HOPE NOT, but square probably will get one on it, one on the 3ds (this one most likely), one on the ngp, and one on the xbox

Hell, I hope they make a Wii version—even if it's a botched port. I'm sure not buying a PS3 for Kingdom Hearts III.

"It is a well-known fact that all heroes in all tales disliked vegetables as children.
    Their legend begins with their overcoming of this weakness, and then continues with a journey filled with hardships.
    That noble vegetable, the onion, lives on as a symbol of hardships overcome, and as the mark of a true hero.
    "

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Naeva View Post
    PS2 had so many great RPG games, KH1 and KH2 being in the top. When PS3 came out my hands where itching to get one as I was expecting more great RPG games but now I got a PS3 (at the cost of all my money >_<) and there isn't many titles that actually interest me and a new KH is no where to be seen.

I got a DS but I don't think that the spin-offs for DS has been that great, Birth by sleep looks far more interesting but I don't own a PSP and after I bought PS3 I can't afford putting more money into gaming consoles.

The 3DS game looks interesting but it will take awhile before I can buy a 3DS. Its sad that the game creators have to change between the different systems all the time.
    The DS game's the biggest tear jerker of all time. It IS worth playing, trust me

Articles
    Blog Entries

I think they cant come up with a compelling story. plus, now that all nobodies are gone, that removes most of the "grown up" enemies. Also, I beleive they are trying to make the game a character choice game where you can play as riku, sora, or kairi.
    I have no information to back thaqt up, I just feel it. How awesome would that be. also, they need to add axel and aqua to dissidia

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Default You need to catch up with the times.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    I think they cant come up with a compelling story. plus, now that all nobodies are gone, that removes most of the "grown up" enemies. Also, I beleive they are trying to make the game a character choice game where you can play as riku, sora, or kairi.
    I have no information to back thaqt up, I just feel it. How awesome would that be. also, they need to add axel and aqua to dissidia
    The Nobodies are likely to return as somebodies. At least some of them are. Nomura confirmed a long time ago in interviews (and Re:coded then put it into canon) that when someone's Heartless and Nobody are destroyed, their bodies and hearts are reunited in darkness and are reborn. This would imply a return of Master Xehanort as the villain of Kingdom Hearts III. Nomura has been referring to this story as the Xehanort cycle for a while now. At this point, it's as much Xehanort's story as it is Sora's.

Kingdom Hearts 3D has already been confirmed for the 3DS with both Sora and Riku as playable. I'm not sure that I expect that KH3 to have Sora, Riku, and Kairi as playable in the same manner as Birth by Sleep, but I don't think that I would be surprised either. Kairi's the wild card at this point. That she is not included in Kingdom Hearts 3D so far as we know is not helping her out at this point.

It's possible that Birth by Sleep Volume II will be on the NGP, although I'm still hoping they'll just go ahead and develop it for the PSP so that they can reuse a lot of the resources from BBS and save some time on the development cycle. I would be very surprised to see a title on the Xbox or Wii. While the non-numbered titles in the series are all over the handheld landscape, it really is just handhelds. I do not expect that to change.
    Last edited by Ouch!; 03-18-2011 at 06:27 PM. Reason: More!