Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Kingdom Hearts 3D

hmm I haven't played a Kingdom Hearts game since Chain of Memories (which was amazing btw) but I'm just losing interest in the series at this point. I expect I will be rotting in my grave when Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out for Playstation 14.

edit: oh, nevermind. looks like Kingdom Hearts 2 came out after CoM. It has been so long I can't even keep the order of the three games I have played straight.

PSXIV? Sorry to burst your bubble, but that ain't happening ever. The SONY advert for PS9 was a joke-laden stretch, trust me. They won't even make past 5.1

They released Chain of Memories on PS2 after I bought a GBA expressly to play it. CHUMPED. I ain't gonna buy a 3DS to play 3Ds... I'll wait 'til they release it on the console. Chain of Memories came on the PS2 after I bought 358... so I'm relatively sure 358 will see console release as well... CHUMPED AGAIN!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

^ Considering the PS2 version of CoM was a free extra that came along with KH2:Final Mix (which is Japan only) and SE decided to bring it over to the U.S. as a full price game at 39.99, I'd say we got screwed more than the people who bought a GBA for the game (since the GBA actually has a bitching library).

This whole thing is only made more insulting cause Capcom released a Special Edition of DMC3 with a whole bunch of extras as the Greatest Hits version so you got DMC3 with a ton of extras for half the original games cost a few years earlier. Atlus released Persona 3:FES which is a special edition of the original game with a side game as a complete package and also only charged 19.99 for it (half the originals cost), around the same time KH:Re:CoM was released.

As for ports of 358/2 and perhaps BBS, I don't see it happening unless it was part of some KH collection they tried to sell before KH3 comes out (which would be a long time from now) cause its more of a marketing ploy than anything. KH3D and BBS2 are the only KH titles in the works right now, and I don't see either of them needing a remake of an older KH game to go with them. If SE was going to remake KH, I would imagine they would do an HD remake of KH1 and 2.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Default And I still think my projections are optimistic.

Kitase has expressed interest in releasing Birth by Sleep as one of the titles in Sony's new PSP-to-PS3 initiative. Other than that, I'd be surprised to see any big ports or remakes before Kingdom Hearts 3.

Square Enix has not even confirmed anything on the Birth by Sleep: Volume II front beyond the teaser in Birth by Sleep: Final Mix. They didn't say anything about KH3D at E3 either. I'd say we've got a while yet. Re:coded was already this calendar year's Kingdom Hearts title, and they've been very good about releasing one title per year (Coded in 2008, 358/2 Days in 2009, Birth by Sleep in 2010, and Re:coded in 2011). I'd expect Kingdom Hearts 3D in 2012, Birth by Sleep: Volume II in 2013. I'd be surprised if we got Kingdom Hearts 3 before 2015 at the absolute earliest.
    Last edited by Ouch!; 06-26-2011 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Forgot my endearing gimmick!