Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coachella !

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian XIII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot View Post
    Kanye West is good. You shouldn't have a closed mind about a certain genre of music.
    I disagree. With both of those sentences.

Country music, to me personally, is annoying. The whine of their voice, the same, monotonous beat of their music, everything about it offends my senses. Rap is almost the same with very few exceptions. I like a little more to my music than references to drugs, alcohol, "bitches" and/or "hoes", or some sort of group gathering with a lot of people who like to drop their own name a lot.

Flogging Molly is the only band I'd be interested in seeing. Maybe, maybe, Jack's Mannequin. I remember enjoying one of their songs back in my O.C. watching days.
    Believe it or not but not all rap is about "bitches" and/or "hoes". In fact there are a lot of songs that aren't about it. It's just kinda proves my point that some people don't have an open mind and have pre conceptions of a certain genres. I'm pretty sure you haven't listened to a lot of hip hop if you have that opinion.

And as for country, I 'm not a big fan. I'm just saying when you are gonna listen to something don't automatically have a negative opinion. When I was younger, I didn't like rock that much and then I started hearing songs that I liked a lot. And now, it's my favourite genre. But don't think I'm gunning you down, I understand music is about personal preference and I'm not trying to force my ideas down your throat. Coachella's line up is so broad in the artists' musical styles and genres that it would be a shame to not listen to certain acts because you don't like them, you never know you might be surprised. You wanna get your money's worth so try and squeeze in as much music as possible whilst you there. And that's the beauty of this festival, there are so many acts that there is something for everyone.
    Last edited by Hot Shot; 01-20-2011 at 02:34 PM.
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin' View Post
    So Ratatat is playing this year so I'm def excited for that. Hopefully Daft Punk makes a last minute headliner a week before the event starts! If you haven't seen the Coachella 2010 video on youtube you oughta check it out.
    I heard Queens of the stone Age were supposed to be there. And yes I saw the video, I can't smurfing wait

You wanna get your money's worth so try and squeeze in as much music as possible whilst you there. And that's the beauty of this festival, there are so many acts that there is something for everyone.
    That's what's awesome about this event, there are a lot of bands that have never heard of, and I plan on discovering some new stuff. I'll check out Shorty's suggestions... so if someone else has some too, I'll be glad to hear them.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

FYI, Flogging Molly puts on a smurfing awesome show, and so does Gogol Bordello. Anyone who's going should make it a point to see them.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    So Ratatat is playing this year so I'm def excited for that. Hopefully Daft Punk makes a last minute headliner a week before the event starts! If you haven't seen the Coachella 2010 video on youtube you oughta check it out.
    I heard Queens of the stone Age were supposed to be there. And yes I saw the video, I can't smurfing wait
    Now wait a smurfing minute. Queens of the Stone Age are going to be there?!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
    Now wait a smurfing minute. Queens of the Stone Age are going to be there?!
    No, it was just a strong rumor before the linenup was released

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Crystal Castles
    Not so sure about this one

Cold War Kids
    I think I like the sound of that

ANIMAL COLLECTIVE
    Not bad, it reminds me of MGMT... A LOT

Jenny and Johnny omg ;-;
    Jenny's hot (for her age)

Blog Entries

Gay. I love QoTSA.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Kanye West is good. You shouldn't have a closed mind about a certain genre of music.

Country music, to me personally, is annoying. The whine of their voice, the same, monotonous beat of their music, everything about it offends my senses. Rap is almost the same with very few exceptions. I like a little more to my music than references to drugs, alcohol, "bitches" and/or "hoes", or some sort of group gathering with a lot of people who like to drop their own name a lot.

Flogging Molly is the only band I'd be interested in seeing. Maybe, maybe, Jack's Mannequin. I remember enjoying one of their songs back in my O.C. watching days.
    Believe it or not but not all rap is about "bitches" and/or "hoes". In fact there are a lot of songs that aren't about it. It's just kinda proves my point that some people don't have an open mind and have pre conceptions of a certain genres. I'm pretty sure you haven't listened to a lot of hip hop if you have that opinion.
    Nah, I haven't really listened to hip hop since the 90's. The majority of rap that I hear from friends' iPods is pretty spot on to what I described, though. If I don't like what I hear I'm not going to be very inclined to try listening to other artists of that genre. I'm not saying it's bad music, it's just not my bag, man. I will admit, however, that I was being pretty dickish when I wrote that first post and I apologize.

Blog Entries

Nah, I haven't really listened to hip hop since the 90's. The majority of rap that I hear from friends' iPods is pretty spot on to what I described, though. If I don't like what I hear I'm not going to be very inclined to try listening to other artists of that genre. I'm not saying it's bad music, it's just not my bag, man. I will admit, however, that I was being pretty dickish when I wrote that first post and I apologize.
    The answer here is obvious: your friends have taste.

You told me you liked the stuff I had you listen to.