Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises - more casting announced

One Speed, One Gear, GO!! ScottyRedXIII's Avatar

Im certianly glad bane is to be making an aperance, i think he was the only good thing about the Batman and Robin Film. I also loved Tom Hardy in Inception, but was a bit ehh about him being bane, he looks just a little to ..... weak? to be Bane...

Was also a bit scepticall of Anne Hataway as cat woman (not a huge fan) But i trust Nolans decisions, it seems lately he can do no wrong.
    Twitter: @Scottyboy081292

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I really want to know wtf is going on with this movie if Catwoman isn't going to be Catwoman and Bane isn't breaking Batman in two.

I genuinely never thought he'd do Selina Me. I'm happily surprised. I'm cool with the casting of Anne. It's not like he just hands out roles to anyone for the laughs of it. I remember the Internet having nose bleeds because he cast Heath Ledger and look at how that went.

I expected The Riddler. Thinking on it, I feel he'd be too similar to what Joker did in The Dark Knight, though. It'd be horrible terroristy acts Batman and Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg hurry to stop, but with a jaunty riddle.

After the unusual casting of Ledger as the Joker, and how awesome it turned out, I'm not really worried about anyone Nolan uses for this movie. It's gonna rock.

Holy Anne Hathaway Catwoman hotness, Batman!

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I'm glad Catwoman's in this (not just because I love her character though): it's the perfect time in the story arc to introduce her. A person in mourning meeting someone else has a lot of dramatic potential.

I hope they portray Bane with brains as well as brawn this time. Shouldn't worry too much in this case.

In many ways BTAS has my favorite interpretations of those two characters; I hope the filmakers use it for reference.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Man, if Bane is retarded or something I'm going to be pissed.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

I seriously doubt that this will be the Batman and Robin Bane or anything like that.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I heard somewhere there would be two love interests, so Talia Al Ghul could still be a contender, and that Black Mask was going to get some attention. I could be completely wrong though as I don't remember where I heard that.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I liked the dynamic between Catwoman and Talia in the first Hush series. Something along those lines would be great. Basically, they understand each other too well: (SPOILER)Talia understands that Catwoman isn't as non-possessive of Batman as she claims and Catwoman knows that it bothers Talia that Batman cares about her more than she's willing to admit.

Speaking of which, my favorite character interaction in Hush was between Catwoman and Alfred, where they discuss what drives Batman and her role in his life. Its both funny and touching all at once.
    Last edited by BG-57; 01-25-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If it's the Bane that appears in the Knightfall series of comics then this will be a great film.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Joseph Gordon-Levitt will be appearing in The Dark Knight Rises. All I could think was, "oh no, they're going to make him Robin."

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Christopher Nolan said he wasn't going to have Robin in any Batman film he directs. Also Christian Bale said he wouldn't do a Batman film with a side kick of any description. Also I heard Nolan is casting Joseph Gordon-Levitt as a 2nd villain

Come to think of it given Joseph Gordon-Levitt slight resemblance to Heath Ledger I wouldn't be surprised if he plays the Joker who's locked up in Arkham after the events of The Dark Knight

[G13]Merged - G13[/G13]

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

but didn't Nolan say numerous times that he will not put the Joker back in the film not even showing deleted footage?

Also if he is going to play a villain, wouldn't that make him a third with Cat and Bane already announced?

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

He's the other love interest :3