Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises - more casting announced

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    but didn't Nolan say numerous times that he will not put the Joker back in the film not even showing deleted footage?

Also if he is going to play a villain, wouldn't that make him a third with Cat and Bane already announced?
    Selina Kyle, not Catwoman. It's been implied that they're just introducing her.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Joseph kinda of looks like Heath. They have similar foreheads and other facial features, but I'm hoping they just don't bring back The Joker even though I think Joseph is fully capable of doing the role justice it would just be in poor taste.

If it fits well in the story I don't care if they put the Joker in. What does it matter?

The Joker isn't going to happen. I don't even think Levitt would consider trying to fill those shoes--he only does certain movies, and I don't think he'd do it if he were being cast as the Joker. That said...mmm Levitt

Nolan hasn't had a single movie let me down, and I have more faith in him than I have in anyone else in the business. As far as that man is concerned, I'm a drone and he's the master who can do no harm. He's the man.
    Take a look:
    http://www.amazon.com/Distorting-Per...7718083&sr=8-1
    http://www.amazon.com/Twilight-Mioga...7718083&sr=8-2
    "Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
    -Unknown

The Joker isn't going to happen. I don't even think Levitt would consider trying to fill those shoes--he only does certain movies, and I don't think he'd do it if he were being cast as the Joker. That said...mmm Levitt
    I don't understand this. He did GI-Joe, why exactly wouldn't he do a Batman movie that has a solid cast and solid director behind it? He's one of the more capable actors that would be able to 'fill those shoes', if anyone were.

I don't understand this. He did GI-Joe, why exactly wouldn't he do a Batman movie that has a solid cast and solid director behind it? He's one of the more capable actors that would be able to 'fill those shoes', if anyone were.[/QUOTE]

He's more into artsy, meaningful things. I just don't think he'd feel right about trying to follow up Heath. Could be wrong, of course.

I haven't seen G.I. Joe! Didn't know he was in any such movie...I'll have to look into that
    Take a look:
    http://www.amazon.com/Distorting-Per...7718083&sr=8-1
    http://www.amazon.com/Twilight-Mioga...7718083&sr=8-2
    "Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
    -Unknown

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Bane looks scary as hell.

I'm not happy with who they chose for Hugo Strange. He was always the most interesting villain to me aside from The Joker. Very disheartened. :/

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

It's a fan made trailer. The robin williams speculation was started after some guy just tweeted that it'd be cool and it spread like wildfire. There's no fact behind it. So Hugo strange is still safe.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The Robin Williams scenes are from The Final Cut, or a few of them are at least. And if that's how Bane is going to look I'll be a little disappointed. I expect a beast of a man.

~45 seconds in is from like.. Aeon Flux or some , I think.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Omg, thank gaaawd. Robin would ruin the series. Bane will probably look like that. I mean, I don't think they're going to alter his body much aside from his face and maybe some veins. He'll just bulk up to the weight he was in Bronson prob.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Apparently I'm the only one that thinks Williams could do the role of Strange justice. I don't like a lot of the roles the man has played, and his old stand-up has not aged well. I admit that. I do think he plays an unbalanced, off-kilter role nicely. Not all of his roles are over the top. I've seen him pull off subtle, evil creepiness convincingly.

So who is a good Hugo Strange candidate? Jean Reno has the look, but I don't know about much else.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

When I see shots from Aeon Flux and Equilibrium tossed in there, I start to call bull.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I'm not saying he's been confirmed. I just don't think Williams is such a terrible choice.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    ~45 seconds in is from like.. Aeon Flux or some , I think.
    Ew da hell, I knew that part looked familiar. Very well put together fake trailer though. The Bane stuff had me properly fooled. I don't know what movie that's from. I started to loose doubt when I realized the Anne Hathaway scenes were from Passengers. Ugh, hurry up and make the real teaser already so I can drool over Levitt.