Thread: Cold War Kids - Mine Is Yours

Default Cold War Kids - Mine Is Yours

Their new album is streamable at various places and I love it. (link)

Though not as blues-ish as previous records, it is more polished and more consistent. Lyrically the main theme seems to be about relationships, which would not really catch my interest but most of the verses are really creative and the words seem carefully picked.

In short: I had kinda high expectations, but Mine Is Yours exceeds them all

What do you think?

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Ooooh, I'm gonna listen to this all day at work I've already come to love Louder Than Ever from their single, so if the rest of the album is as good, I'll be a happy Rantzien.

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post
    Ooooh, I'm gonna listen to this all day at work I've already come to love Louder Than Ever from their single, so if the rest of the album is as good, I'll be a happy Rantzien.
    That is indeed one of my favourites so far..

..oh who am I kidding! I love every track and I can't stop bouncing to the (SPOILER)"uh oh ow oh uh oh ow oh uh oh oh ow ow ow" on 'Sensitive Kid'. I think this album is amazing.

Articles

Hm, well. To me, one of Cold War Kids' defining features, since I started listening to them, has been to have me hooked to a new song or album from the first listen. In that aspect, this album hasn't jumped out at me at all the same way their previous albums have. Still, I think there are some good songs on here. I might get into the album more after a while. Definitely feel like something changed at their core, somehow, though.

Articles

Bulldozer is a lovely song after a few listens.

They got more melodic and a little more playful at the core I guess. I do like the fact that this album is more consistent than their earlier work. Some of the roots pop back up in Cold Toes on the Cold Floor. Diggin' that!

Saw them live last week and they were good, but the show lacked a little energy. Only at about 2/3 through they seemed to get into it. Anyway, meh.