Thread: Duke Nukem: Forever has a what?

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Well I enjoyed the trailer at least. I'm scared it will be a balls game, but man it's smurfing Duke Nukem.

WE'RE smurfING BRINGING IT

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, giving it to Gearbox was cheating and doesn't count

Although it'll probably be a decent game because of it.
    The actual game had already been completed by 3D Realms and Gearbox only worked on the console ports, they most just picked it up so there would be a studio stamp somewhere on it.

I played it. It's awesome.

Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post
    This is where we find out the whole "need more time need more time SHUT IT DOWN" process was just a marketing ploy, like Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy.
    nope.avi

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    It's actually kind of sad that this is coming out. It will likely be a mediocre game at best, and completely forgotten about within a few months after its release. Whereas its nonrelease has been a running geek joke for over a decade.
    At least you still have Episode 3

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    The actual game had already been completed by 3D Realms and Gearbox only worked on the console ports, they most just picked it up so there would be a studio stamp somewhere on it.
    Yar, and I heard that there were still 3DR employees working as a sub-unit inside Gearbox. So I think something like it’s still 3DR without Broussard (thumbs up), although after playing Borderlands I would say that if (if) the project had to be given to somebody, Gearbox had the humor for it!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Meat Puppet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Yar, and I heard that there were still 3DR employees working as a sub-unit inside Gearbox. So I think something like it’s still 3DR without Broussard (thumbs up), although after playing Borderlands I would say that if (if) the project had to be given to somebody, Gearbox had the humor for it!
    Yeah, it's an awesome fit, and I know a lot of people at Gearbox, up to Randy Pitchford himself, worked at 3D Realms on Duke Nukem 3D, so there was a lot of passion in the studio about doing this.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I'm keen for the sequel, Duke Nukem: Foreverer. It'll only take 18 years in development.