Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Swan (Spoilers inside)

Articles
    Blog Entries

This is one of my favorite films ever, and I rarely give out such awards. (I'm a suprisingly well-versed film buff, and my favorite films list is probably not what you think.)

It's definitely not subtle, unlike other psychological thrillers, but it's certainly suprising at times, with a lot of elements that are easily debatable with valid points to both sides.

This is more personal philisophical meandering, really. Ignore:
    One thing I loved about it is how much I can relate to it. As a performer and perfectionist who pursues a career that's all about what other people think, performing can be stressful and there are times when you become someone you don't quite now. You become entitled when you are typically humble. You become demanding when you are typically minimalist. You become a monster when you are typically a person. It's demanding, it's waning, and it absorbs you and becomes you and you judge yourself based on your status as a performer and not as a person. You become a vessel of something beautiful, but at the cost of your own beauty sometimes.

It's a stirring tale that is aesthetically, musically, and intellectually gorgeous. It's excellent and I heartily and vehemently request anyone who hasn't to view it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I bought the Blu-Ray and it's awesome, but I was so pissed that there's no commentary tracks.