Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: anyone else like me?

Default anyone else like me?

is there anyone else on these forums who loves playing RPGs and are good at them, but has little to no skill in first person shooters? are there more people like me out there, or am i just the kid whos parents bought him the longest games they could find to shut him up and who hasnt developed his motor skills yet??

Blog Entries

No, you are one of a kind

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

When I play FPS games with friends, my role is to distract the other team. I am otherwise useless.

I'm pretty good at FPS games.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    When I play FPS games with friends, my role is to distract the other team. I am otherwise useless.
    that's because them women folk can't shoot
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I'm bad at FPS, but I generally associate that with the fact I have no balance, muscle memory, agility, spatial awareness, coordination or motor skills in general.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I rock at all rpg's, but when it comes to fps games, I am virtually useless in most of them except for call of duty games. I have spent a grand total of 3 hours playing cod games, but I've racked up over 200 kills online. I have no freakin idea why I am good at cod, but when it comes to games like halo, I suck.
    alot.
    times 6.
    also rainbow six
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Probably the latter.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    I rock at all rpg's, but when it comes to fps games, I am virtually useless in most of them except for call of duty games. I have spent a grand total of 3 hours playing cod games, but I've racked up over 200 kills online. I have no freakin idea why I am good at cod, but when it comes to games like halo, I suck.
    alot.
    times 6.
    also rainbow six
    Because COD requires no skill.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    alot.
    times 6.
    also rainbow six
    Because COD requires no skill.
    I play CoD myself and I'm gonna agree with that to an extent. CoD takes almost no skill whatsoever to get kills in, to get what is considered a good K/D in CoD (usually about 3.0+ in a game) however takes some luck, some skill and a lot of knowing the level and camping you gotta give people some credit for that considering your average CoD franchise fanboy is running on 3 braincells, 2 of which are dedicated to wanking and CoD the third governs all other functions. Halo Reach on the other hand is a damn sight harder to play because it requires you to actually account for things like bloom and enemy abilities. Halo 3 gameplay especially if both have the BR usually relies upon who has the better aim for the face and/or who hits with their bullets first.

Blog Entries

I suck horribly at console fps games, like Halo and CoD, but I used to play Combat Arms a lot, and I always did pretty good. Unfortunately, I have recently either lost my touch, or my new computer has made me suck at that, too.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dragoon1028 View Post
    is there anyone else on these forums who loves playing RPGs and are good at them, but has little to no skill in first person shooters? are there more people like me out there, or am i just the kid whos parents bought him the longest games they could find to shut him up and who hasnt developed his motor skills yet??
    maybe it's because you're playing them on consoles? Because in that case it's pretty normal to play fps games like a total spaz.
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

I'm competent at almost any genre. I don't recall any FPS I couldnt complete on the normal difficultly (with the exception of COD4 which defaulted to hardened and kicked my ass). If I apply myself I can become fairly skilled. I played Killzone 2 quite a bit and ended up doing quite well online.
    Last edited by Dreddz; 01-25-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    (with the exception of COD4 which defaulted to hardened and kicked my ass).
    It didn't default to Hardened, when you did the ship mockup you scored well enough for it to sugest hardened. It was meant to be challenging and not so easily done then again the mockup doesn't shoot back at you which makes a major difference later in game when you've got between 20 and 30 people firing god knows what in your direction and tossing grenades at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    (with the exception of COD4 which defaulted to hardened and kicked my ass).
    It didn't default to Hardened, when you did the ship mockup you scored well enough for it to sugest hardened. It was meant to be challenging and not so easily done then again the mockup doesn't shoot back at you which makes a major difference later in game when you've got between 20 and 30 people firing god knows what in your direction and tossing grenades at you.
    Interesting. I got about 3/4 of the way through the game before giving up. It was brutal. Dunno why they recommended that difficulty considering I was in no way shape or form ready to handle some of the challenges near the end of the game. Good game though. Despite the commercial success of COD I'm happy IW don't make the game accessible to everyone.