Thread: (...) bosses :(

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default (...) bosses :(

so a view days ago i thought: i rlly gotta finish 13 :o
    so yesterday id put the cd back in the ps3 and started playing ^^ noticing it has been 6 months since i last played :o

but i rlly stopped playing at the rong moment i guess -.- bcaus right away they gave me 3 bosses!! D:

first ice thing, than that holy-man thing, and just when i was about to put a smile on...... another boss D: that Orphan-thing..
    things went well.. survived his atacks, but when i was half way he put me down it Merciles i-dnt-know-the-name-anymore..

so wasted an whole hour, caus i have to do those bosses again. wich sucks..
    i think taking out bosses takes to long (or maybe its just me D
    i think thats a - point for that game, bcaus sometimes it feels like tr just hitting and hitting while u seem to get nowhere further
    .. i just felt like sharing that ^^

p.s does anyone have some tips to get through those bosses quickly? im getting kinda tired of it

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

The number one important rule of fighting any FFXIII boss: Never lose your chain ever! This means you should always have at least one character on the offensive. It's good to keep a commando around when you're healing/buffing. Sometimes you may need to give that up and use a SEN/MED/MED or even MED/MED/MED combination, but should that happen be sure to change Paradigms before your chain falls down too low. (You may find yourself changing them literally every two seconds, but that's okay.) You probably figured this out already, but the best way to build a chain is to start it off with a Commando. Commandos build chains very, very, slowly, but they will stabilize it so it will drop slowly. Then you switch to a full Ravager party! Ravagers build up the chain very quickly! Even if you can't stagger an enemy, an increased chain means increased damage, so it's still worth your while.

I don't remember their movesets very well, so I can't give you more specific help than that

Blog Entries

hmm.. all alrdy doe everything u say :o

it just that im getting rlly tired about the thought of an whole HOUR batteling a boss.
    so i hoped there would a an quicker way to get through this

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    So a few days ago i thought: I really gotta finish 13. :o
    So yesterday I'd put the CD back in the ps3 and started playing ^^ noticing it has been 6 months since I last played. :o

But I really stopped playing at the wrong moment I guess -.- because right away they gave me 3 bosses!! D:

First ice thing, then that holy-man thing, and just when i was about to put a smile on...... another boss D: that Orphan-thing..
    things went well.. survived his attacks, but when I was half way he put me down it Merciles i-dnt-know-the-name-anymore..

So wasted a whole hour, 'cause I have to do those bosses again. Which sucks..
    I think taking out bosses takes too long (or maybe its just me D.
    I think thats a - point for that game, because sometimes it feels like you're just hitting and hitting while you seem to get nowhere further.
    .. i just felt like sharing that ^^

P.S. Does anyone have some tips to get through those bosses quickly? I'm getting kinda tired of it
    Goddamn fixed. Is it so hard to type with proper spelling/grammar?

Anyway, the bosses you decribed seem to be the final bosses. If this is true then you can't honestly expect them to be a walk in the park. Have you tried upgrading your weapons or Crystarium as far as possible?

Blog Entries

got everything till star, and some even further upgraded
    but some i cant seem to upgrade beyond that star-thing

p.s like i care about a good grammar >.<
    Last edited by Shaibana; 01-27-2011 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    got everything till star, and some even further upgraded
    but some i cant seem to upgrade beyond that star-thing

p.s like i care about a good grammar >.<
    If you actually want intelligible replies, you might want to try making it legible, even if you don't use perfect grammar.

Anyway, the key to the Orphan fight is to switch to a defensive Paradigm like Combat Clinic as soon as you see the message that Orphan is switching modes (Consummate Light or Consummate Dark). After a few seconds with the mode-switch message up, he will use the Merciless Judgement, which is easily his most powerful attack, and will leave every party, no matter how overpowered, with only a bare fraction of their HP. It also resets Orphan's Stagger Gauge, so if you aren't attacking him enough, it will be a very long fight. You need your Medics to immediately heal you up after Merciless Judgement, then you should switch to Evened Odds to top off buffs/debuffs, and from there, back to your attack rotation. Don't worry about applying buffs during the Consummate Darkness mode, since Orphan will dispel them, just be ready to switch over to a healer Paradigm if you get low.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.