Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two PSP versions?

Default Two PSP versions?

I plan to finally get my copies of FF1 and FF2 for PSP. However, I've found out that there are two "versions" of both PSP titles. Are they just the same and the only difference is their cover, or do they differ?

Here are the two covers I came across (only for FF1, but I can provide the covers for FF2 as well):

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I don't actually know but I am going to guess that you are looking at Japanese vs North American cover art.

Thanks for the input. It's interesting to note that some shops here (Czech Republic) offer the first version cover art and some offer the other one. The point is I can't decide which one to get: I like the colored ones more, but I already have Dissidia na FFXIII in those austere while cover with a logo in the middle.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

The first one uses the ESRB rating, so it's American, while the second one is rated by PEGI, which makes it European

Good catch, thanks for pointing that out. So I suppose some of the local shops just got their product image from a US website not bothering to take their own picture. That means my choice is obvious - I'm going to get the European edition.

Articles
    Blog Entries

why do the american box arts always have to be so big and flashy. Are Americans unable to deal with simple backgrounds?
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Contributions

Te funny thing is that a box with a simple background like that stands out extremely shapely on a game rack full of covers that all look the exact same way.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, it's like Square's version of McDonalds "M" sign. Every nerd knows what the white background with the logo stands for, it's instantly recognizable in a game store. Then they just had to go all mainstream casual and give us that ty american-style box art for FF13. In hindsight that was probably a good move, because we all know how that game turned out.
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> The PSP FF1 is just a mix of FFOrigins and Dawn of Souls right??
    or maybe there is something new?..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Contributions

FF PSP is the Dawn of Souls mechanics and all new graphics to my knowledge.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> A new dungeon huh, I guess its worth to give it a try then..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Default Two PSP versions

Holy hell. When will these games die? The first two Final Fantasy games are being resurrected again in Japan, this time as downloadable titles on the PlayStation Network. Andriasang says that the PSP versions of both Final Fantasy I and Final Fantasy II are coming to the Japanese PSN on the 22nd of this month, priced at 2,100 yen a piece (about $24).
    If you've somehow missed them, or have a PSPgo and require a download, I suppose this will be great. For everyone else here, I'm sure most will head to the used game stores where they can find a copy of either game for about 40 percent less. Or you could play it on the other platforms it has been released on. Hell, there's even iPhone versions.

Final Fantasy I made it to the EU PSN Store last week at a price of 340 CZK (~ $17). I'd like to buy a boxed version more (as I like to have a boxes neatly arranged on my shelf), but it's way more expensive here (like 500 CZK) and if I buy Dissidia Duodecim 012 (which I'm going to do anyway), I get a 50% off the price of FFI on PSN! So much for the fine boxes...

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

The PSP port is actually more of a remake. It has brand new graphics, with really nicely done new sprites and a redone soundtrack. White Mage is officially a girl now because of it as well.

And no, there are not two versions for the PSP. Those images are just for two different region's boxart; Europe and North Ameria (as WWF already pointed out).
    Last edited by DMKA; 02-22-2011 at 06:07 PM.
    I like Kung-Fu.