Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye cruel world.

Default Goodbye cruel world.

Soooo this thing is about to hit where I live (well, the whole state, really), hence the title of the thread:
    Tropical Cyclone Threat Map Page (1)
    MTSAT Infrared Colorized Image Loop - Satellite Services Division - Office of Satellite Data Processing and Distribution
    http://resources3.news.com.au/images...hic-inside.gif

The last link is a comparison to Hurricane Katrina (along with some other cyclones/hurricanes that have hit Australia [the size of 'Yasi' has just been upgraded to 600km point-to-point, by the way]) and I was just wondering if it's gotten a mention in the news in other places around the world. Considering that it rivals that devastating hurricane, it probably should (though, to be fair, it hasn't hit land just yet...got a few hours), but I always assume that the world hears pretty much nothing about Australia so yeah, has anybody else from other countries heard about this spiral of doom or are we just floundering on our lonesome down here?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

that's what you get for living in crazy weather areas

now excuse me while i go take a walk in -25C outdoors
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

That's nuts, hopefully it weakens and doesn't cause too much damage. Stay safe, here's hoping you guys make it out OK.

We've been getting snow storms here pretty much every week now. Expecting one tomorrow, too. Also, in between storms it's been frightfully cold, makes walking to work just that little bit more fun.

I haven't heard about it but that's probably because I avoid watching the news at all costs.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If we've learned anything from twister, tie yourself to a pole and try to dodge flying cows.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

those kind of messages makes me love my cold, dutch weather ^^

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Make it come here! I want to flllyyyyy!

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    Make it come here! I want to flllyyyyy!
    They'd need two tractor beams to lift you up. Oh wait that was the Simpsons.

I should totally start a thread about that.

QLD is pretty down on it's luck of late :/ I live on the NSW South Coast, and I must say, weather here has been hot, hot, and HOT. No cyclones. There have however, been an abundance of tins popping up asking for our spare change to go towards QLD.

there's no I in team, but there is in pie, as in meat pie, and meat is an anogram of team

We don't have time to worry about cyclones we're preoccupied with SNOWPOCALYPSE 2011

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

You poor QLDers. I've sat here in NSW watching mother nature beat up Queensland for weeks. I hope the damage is less than forecast; but at least it's staying out of Brisbane and the Gold Coast.

And yeah, tons of flood relief appeals going on down here.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by .:kerrod:. View Post
    Soooo this thing is about to hit where I live (well, the whole state, really), hence the title of the thread:
    Tropical Cyclone Threat Map Page (1)
    MTSAT Infrared Colorized Image Loop - Satellite Services Division - Office of Satellite Data Processing and Distribution
    http://resources3.news.com.au/images...hic-inside.gif

The last link is a comparison to Hurricane Katrina (along with some other cyclones/hurricanes that have hit Australia [the size of 'Yasi' has just been upgraded to 600km point-to-point, by the way]) and I was just wondering if it's gotten a mention in the news in other places around the world. Considering that it rivals that devastating hurricane, it probably should (though, to be fair, it hasn't hit land just yet...got a few hours), but I always assume that the world hears pretty much nothing about Australia so yeah, has anybody else from other countries heard about this spiral of doom or are we just floundering on our lonesome down here?
    What is this "Australia" you speak of? Is it a pastry? or some sort of flightless water fowl?
    Last edited by sharkythesharkdogg; 02-02-2011 at 05:00 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lusty Justy View Post
    We don't have time to worry about cyclones we're preoccupied with SNOWPOCALYPSE 2011
    !!!
    I'm really hoping I don't have to work tomorrow!

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Okay, I did some more reading, and one article showed the storm super imposed over different continents. I used to do meteorology for the Air Force, so I wasn't taken in quite as much by the size as some might be.The moisture shield takes up a larger area than normal, but the storm itself is still pretty honking big. Smurf me sideways!

Good luck down there.

Here's a link to the article. kerrod's little visitor

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

saw in the newspaper that Queensland is being evacuated :o

p.s haven read all previous comment, but ill bet some1 else has alrdy made this comment? ^^