Thread: Open powerlines and paintchips, my childhood rocks!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Pink Grin Open powerlines and paintchips, my childhood rocks!

Got to talking with some friends of mine who are going to be having one of those milestone birthdays this year. We got to talking about some of the cool crap we use to watch as kids or listen to on the radio and came to the wonderful revelation that we may have been born during the greatest time a child could ever be born into due to all the awesome shows we got to watch, movies we grew up with, and music we listened to.

So this is basically a thread about reminiscing about the "good old days" and debating about whose childhood truly rocked. I loved being a kid in the 80s. He-Man, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, G.I. Joe, Transformers, the Brat Pack, Hair Metal, New Wave, Terminator, Aliens, Ghostbusters, Voltron, Robotech and so much more. Suck it 90s kids.

Yeah, well... Pokémon!
    Yeah!

Blog Entries

Even us 90s kids used to watch these you know

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I was born in 86, which means most of my childhood fell in the early 90s. But all I remember about it was the things that you listed.

Well that, and I never had my innocence spoiled by the impending threat of nuclear annihilation.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Cold War was fun, it made geography so much easier...

Remon: Yeah, but us 80's kids got to see all of the stuff first hand and also enjoy the 90s stuff as well when we got older.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

We were pretty much the coolest kids ever. On the bonus we get to avoid how much it sucks to be a teenager in modern society.

late 90's child. It was far better than being a 00's child but it wasn't nearly as good as being an 80's-early 90's child

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Did somebody say pokemoans?

Anyway I remember C.O.P.S and peter pan and james bond jr and care bears and rocky + bullwinkle and comic strip. I bet you didn't watch at least 4 of those shows.

Blog Entries

I grew up on Star Wars, Transformers, Ghost Busters and GI Joes. I listened to Green Day Dookie all the time and played The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past, Sim City 2000 and Marathon 1 & 2 all the time.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I love how 80s kids are so disillusioned they don't realize 90s kids watched all those same shows.

Everyone thinks this about their childhood. All the people who are 13 now will be talking about how lucky their generation was to be kids with iPods and Facebook and Naruto when they're 30.

I used to think the same thing about my childhood until I went back and tried to watch some of the old cartoons I grew up thinking were awesome. Good god most of them were terrible. Yet I still think the stuff we had, like Ninja Turtles, was loads better than Spongebob Squarepants. Oh geez and Saturday morning cartoons and awful sitcoms like Full House and Fresh Prince...so much fun.

I was born in 85 though. Lots of awesome stuff happened that year. I feel quite fortunate to have been born in the 80s just at the right time so that none of the 80s were relevant to me and I became old enough for pop culture and society to be relevant to me just in time for the 90s.

Also I grew up in So Cal. God damn being a kid in So Cal rocked.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Also I grew up in So Cal. God damn being a kid in So Cal rocked.
    smurf. Yes.

I was born in '92...I remember Spice Girls and Britney Spears and Rugrats and Sailor Moon and City Slickers and Zelda and Super Mario 64 ...huff...wheeze...and Bring it on and Hey Arnold!

Hey Arnold was shizz.
    Arnold always makes me think of Cloud <3