Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's WRONG with me!?!?

Blog Entries

Default What's WRONG with me!?!?

I actually got upset at a video game recently. I can hardly believe it! How could I let myself stoop so LOW!? I was playing Castlevania 3 and was on level 5-0A, I think it's called. Those hopping monsters, the crows, and the mermen, zomg. The axe armors are only a problem if I forget the holy water or missed a whip upgrade, which I sometimes do when I'm running for my life from tiny hopping monsters! D:

So, when was the last time you got upset at a video game?

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I don't think I have ever got upset at a video game itself, though I have gotten upset at whoever made the video game I was playing. Tons of times.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Guilty Gear

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Tekken 6 remains uncompleted due to an argument I had with it lol

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

FFX Chocobo Racing! It's okay as long as you don't do anything to hurt it. When you throw your controller it's time to stop playing video games for a few months.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I get pissed quite a bit while playing games, but only with myself for doing whatever I did. Never any controller throwing, did enough of that as a kid.

Last week I was playing some Brotherhood and Ezio jumped off a viewpoint and fell to his death instead of neatly landing on the synch beam twice. I couldn't do anything but get up and leave.

I've never gone above "annoyed", like "Really? Three misses, really?!?" I have friends who I play League of Legends with who curse up a storm though, and one who gets way too pissed and slams his keyboard into his desk.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I got really upset at Mass Effect 2 a few weeks ago when it kept crashing partway through missions, but then it turned out to be an issue with my computer anyways so it wasn't a big deal.

The only other one I can think of in recent times MIGHT be God of War 2, with some of the QTEs. They're pretty obnoxious at times.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

In Dragon Age. The Deep Roads as a whole is especially annoying. Just keeps sending waves of Dark Spawn when I'm trying to loot something I killed earlier. But the thing that got me really annoyed was at the end was this totem pole that would not die. My team died really fast and it was just me by myself and the fight lasted forever. It just kept sending out ghosties.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I get fraustrated with games all the time, especially if I'm sure I did something right and it's a code issue what caused me to fail. If it's human error I get pissed off with myself however. I have never once rage quit on something, I've never once thrown a pad or hit something out of fraustration or even broken something cause of it. I either suck it up and get down to it trying to get past the problem or I take a break. Getting annoyed isn't a problem, getting so annoyed you break something or take it out on anything other than verbally at yourself or the game is beyond normal. If it's just "God damnit? smurfing again? This is like the 70th time now for smurf's sake!" then chill out and stop being so emo with the whole "What's wrong with me?! I'm going to die I'm so smurfing pathetic getting angry at a game!" expression.

Only when I was around 5-10 years old in the NES/SNES era. Man some of those games were infuriating, but I couldn't just give it the satisfaction of me giving up.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

This one time, when I was playing solitaire...

But really, sometime in Halo3 or Reach is like wtf. But I don't usually go crazy and start yelling and junk like that.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I never get upset at a game to the point where I do harm to the controller, or something like that when I play by myself. However, that's usually a different picture when I play with others who don't seem to play as I expect them to play. This one time, when I was playing with my brothers, I got so upset that I threw the controller at them because I got upset. I think we were playing a sports game, and I was on the losing end of things.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Ecco the Dolphin 2 and I have agreed never to talk to each other again. smurfing jumps.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

If you are a serious fighting game player, then you will undoubtedly get stressed or upset by Ranked Mode in Super Street Fighter IV.

I try to play Ranked Mode regularly to get up to speed on characters which are not used as commonly in my local state and to practice my links and combos, but the casual nature of the game combined with the lack of competent competition makes it rather frustrating rather quickly.
    I believe in the power of humanity.