Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Development Team Rolls Out Patch 1.15a

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

i'm sitting at 20 anima now after a few days, maybe you weren't playing hardcore enough?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Maybe I'm just anima-efficient!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Well the game is getting huge revamps, i wouldn't be surprised if it won't be released for quite some time...better important stuff first though.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I'm surprised Jeuno wasn't around when the game was first out. Oh well. I still think it's a sham that Ishgard is completely locked. I was really looking forward to the first level 50 user posting screenshots, but then... it just didn't happen. Gutting.
    A local friend of mine, KrsJin, played Final Fantasy XI and Final Fantasy XIV by importing it as soon as it became available in Japan. From what I have gathered in his comments about both games, it sounds like they were released in a similar fashion with a key difference.

Final Fantasy XI lacked significant content in its original release in a similar way. Only six job classes were available. Only missions that led up to Rank 5 were available. This was enough to keep people interested for the months to come. The Japanese players acted as a type of beta test in a way, because the game was not released outside of Japan for some time until an expansion pack had been released and more job classes and quests were available from the start of the game.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

I just want this game to be good already.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

My biggest concern isn't if they'll manage to make it good or not (maybe i'm optimistic, but I do think they'll manage to "fix" it), but if they'll manage to turn around the public opinion of the game after they've fixed it.

If they don't, I can't see how the game would have a future. With as few players as it has got now, funding for making new content would probably be pretty poor, which would be an early death sentence.

I'm actually having a fair amount of fun in the game, even if I have to fight as much against the game as against the monsters in it . Having a couple of friends to play with is probably crucial to get any sort of enjoyment out of it.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I have no friends.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Rostum View Post
    I have no friends.
    Y hulo thar!

If you want I can get you an invite into the LS I use, its got quite a few active member as it was only formed recently (coincidentally I was only the second person in the LS other then the creator) and now we have 36 members, most of them a active and we have a good time, they are a great bunch to talk to and I find myself with a bunch of likable people whom share similar interests, we are increasing our numbers every day, send me a PM or reply here and I can get you a pearl.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I'm actually having a fair amount of fun in the game, even if I have to fight as much against the game as against the monsters in it . Having a couple of friends to play with is probably crucial to get any sort of enjoyment out of it.
    Yes, I think that plays a large role in the enjoyment of an online game for any casual or serious player. There are some people who enjoy massively multiplayer online role-playing games for their competitive nature or for their collaborative efforts, but I think that a lot of people simply want to enjoy a game together with a select person or group. I am certain that, even in its current state, I could have fun if I had the time to play it with people that I like.
    I believe in the power of humanity.