Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 378910111213141516171819233363 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XVIII Game Thread: Welcome To The Soul Society

Darlings my name is not Yoru, it is Yoruichi. A lady as beautiful as I demands respect!

Let me set one thing straight -- I do not "disappear" or "dissociate". I say what I think and then I wait for a response. Even I cannot survive without sleep, and waiting on you people to get talking is not something I am prepared to do every day.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rukia Kuchiki View Post
    Given your [Kisuke Urahara] lack of involvement prior to her vote, you being a replacement and all, It seems as if she was trying to go for a 'safe' vote that wouldn't get much flack.
    I wasn't making a safe vote Rukia darling. I was trying to prod inactives. When it's just Jin and I talking, there isn't a whole lot of possibility for new discoveries. Unless, of course, you figure me some kind of seer? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Kisuke Urahara View Post
    That being said, I still think we need to focus on Gin, as he seems to clearly be the most suspicious. By the grace of god, he survived yesterday, which could be by an anonymous governor or mafia role, either way there is very good reason that the result of yesterday is significant to Gin's guilt.
    Let's focus on Ichimaru Gin, then. He raised some good points. Ichigo has hounded him since the start over that vote. Killing Ichigo is obviously going to incriminate Gin. Do you think Gin would do that to himself? Hardly.

As for his relationship with Kenpachi, I have no comment. That does not strike me as any sort of a reason to protect him. It may be that Ichimaru Gin is a member of the mafia and targeted Kenpachi. There is no way to tell what caused the double death unless there are roleclaims.

Assuming Gin is innocent, the Mafia could save him to buy them another lynch of a stronger player as well as buy more time in general.
    What? No seriously, Kisuke darling, what? How does the mafia gain any advantage by stopping Ichimaru Gin from being lynched (assuming he is innocent)? The death of an innocent seems like something the mafia would be quite happy about. And how would they do this? The Governor is a town aligned role.

I still think Gin is the most logical target. He has done a very poor job of defending himself, as well as those that continually try to prevent his lynch.
    One usually does a poor job of defending oneself when the attacks are just as weak. Let me use the rest of your post as evidence.

The deaths of Ichigo and Soifon proved very beneficial for that group in general.
    The group you are referring to is, I take it, the mafia? Or perhaps Ichimaru Gin and these so called people who continually try to prevent his lynch. I also assume I am counted in their number.

How does the death of a Vanilla Townie and a Cult Leader prove very beneficial? Even for the mafia, the death of Soifon is the only one close to being "very beneficial", as it cripples the Cult. The death of a Vanilla Townie does not great service to the mafia. The death of a Doctor or Cop might warrant this sort of joy.

One must also consider his voting history. All of his votes were non-mafia roles, none of which he contributed any evidence in and generally joining bandwagons. He even changed his vote from Soifon to Aizen to create a tie, in which Jin, who has been defending him recently, hopped on at the chance, again with no logic of his own.
    So voting all non-mafia is a sign of guilt, is it? Woe betide anyone who votes for who they find most suspicious and actually votes for a town person. Getting it wrong is obviously something you abhore darling, so if you ever vote for a town person I will rain hell down upon you myself.

Judging his vote, or any vote (Jin Kariya for example) based on their lack of evidence when the vote was cast on Day One tells me that you are quite sure of your scum radar and expect everyone to have compelling evidence and only vote for scum.

Come on darlings, accuse me of defending Ichimaru Gin. I dare you. I'll even admit to it. I, the beautiful and talented Yoruichi, am defending one Ichimaru Gin from persecution. Not because I am convinced his is innocent, but because the ferocity of attacks by Kisuke Urahara is far more suspicious to I.

##Vote: [M] Kisuke Urahara

Oh, and Kisuke darling? Editing your posts is frowned upon. The act in itself is enough to cause great suspicion. Take care in future.

Two deaths is bad. We cannot afford to make unargumented votes anymore. So i don't want to see reasons like Renji's or Kenpachi's for the duration of the game. As for my vote I'm currently thinking on it. Who could possibly kill Kenpachi and Ichigo?

Possible outcomes :
    1. Mafia did the 2 murders. 1 normal night kill + one ability
    2. Mafia killed Ichigo. 3rd party killed Kenpachi
    3. Mafia killed Kenpachi. 3rd party killed Ichigo
    4. Mafia failed the kill. 3rd party killed both.

I think Gin and Jin are involved with Ichigo's murder. That does not necessarily mean they're mafia. They might be 3rd party or vigilantes. They still had a motive to kill him for casting suspicion on them.
    Though there's also a possibility for Gin to be innocent and the Mafia framed it on him.
    I say we start questioning the others as well.
    Also why would the governor want to save Gin? Was it really a governor?

a hunch is not enough.
    I have quoted this because it is obvious all past and future mafia players should heed this: Never vote without compelling proof because a hunch is not enough!

Yes, though I remain steadfast that Yuro should probably follow.
    Despite saying Renji should probably go yesterday. Things change though, I guess, despite neither Renji nor myself posting between your two posts.

One last thing to mention about Yoru is the timing of her arrival however.

She shows up as the momentum against him began. That's a bit to convenient for my tastes, as if she tried to sift into the thread when she's least likely to get noticed, by pointing out things that people already agree on.
    Rukia darling, the "momentum" you speak of is a handful of posts by Ichigo Kurosaki. That's hardly picking my entrance to avoid suspicion -- there was little suspicion for me to avoid. I could just have easily voted for anybody and disappeared and nobody would have paid it much notice.

As for pointing out things people already agreed on, I would ask you to point out specific examples.

Rangiku I believe options two and three are the most likely scenarios. I don't think the mafia would fail the kill, and yet still have two night deaths.

How long should I wait here for somebody else to respond? Or should I just go and return when I can slip under the radar more? I will watch some more Bleach and then go to bed unless there has been another post.

So, you're voting for me because you dont like my arguments and not because you think I'm mafia?

Let's just say I know why there was two deaths. And not because I'm scum.

I mean Gin could have been saved by a role (doesn't necessarily mean governor) in order to eliminate a more threatening townie and to keep a townie in the chopping block, that way saving the next day for another non-mafia vote.

I'm nor referring to the roles, Yoru (which I will specifcally and adamanatly refer to a seductive businesswoman as yourself,) I'm referring to the actions of Soifon and Ichigo, seeing as Ichigo in particular was raating out various of people of the group I have mentioned, even managing to garner votes towards them.

really valid point and i'm impressed by your thinking.! really valid point and i'm impressed by your thinking.! really valid point and i'm impressed by your thinking.!

You contiunaully take my arguments and warp them to your benefit.

For example, you know damn well I don't think voting for a townie is automatically indivative of mafia activity. I was referring to the way thew players that did so, essentially making very weak arguments (and no, the "any argument ios better than none" is BS)

You're defending Gin. Do I get a free night, my favorite lil' prostitute?

7 1/2 hours left.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Yoruichi View Post
    Re: Cult Leader -- We must consider the possibility there was already a Cultist at the beginning, plus the (likely) chance another was recruited last night (as Shinji said).
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Captain Hitsugaya View Post
    So it appears that Soifon was a Cult Leader. This appears to be good for us now that she's out of the way so no more can join her stupid cult. Is she the only Cultist, or is there more lurking among us?
    There's you, agreeing with Hitsugya and Shinji wouth actually adding anything. Example one.

Quote Originally Posted by '[M
    Yoruichi]/quote]Ichigo darling, Gin Ichimaru's reasoning was bad, yes, but it was grasping at straws early. There's no real need for anyone to post reasoning for votes that early in the game. Would a scum feel required to post justification? Probably, it helps to avoid
    being called out if you give a reason. But that was such a ridiculous claim so early on that I'm tempted to think it was just, well, early game nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Jin Kariya View Post
    ##vote:Aizen. Gin may have had a weak point, but at least it's a point.
    Jin already pointed out that it was a weak point, though its' still not much a reason to vote for him yet. Example two.

And there was actually me voting Gin as well, in addition to the one Gin voting for turning up non-mafia.

That being said, you did turn out to not be going after Gin in that first post, so my apologies there. Doesn't really change the fact Jin already made a defense of him along the same lines as your defense of him now.

All points still stand, as well as you coming in once again and making a whole lot of noise without actually saying anything, and voting Kisuke on weak grounds.

Sorry, but I'm breaking the agreement Kisuke, but Yoru should die now.

##unvote Gin
    ##vote: Yoruichi

I think you're trying too hard to be active Yoruichi. Don't worry we will post from time to time.
    You only get label as inactive when you don't show up for a day or so.

I'm voting for you because your actions have made you the most suspicious person to me. That is all there is to my vote.

But Kisuke darling, was that a roleclaim I saw? Don't explain, just tell me: are you still going to focus on Ichimaru Gin? That's all I need to know.

I will admit I misinterpreted your point about the deaths being very beneficial. However, Soifon was pretty much irrelevant as a player. There are all of roughly five posts made by Soifon. Ichigo was relatively active comparatively and did manage to generate some discussion, some voting. But he, like you, seemed only to target Ichimaru Gin. You are entitled to cast your gaze where it may, but with so many people eyeing Gin over justification that was trying too hard, I get wary.

I will not apologize for whatever really valid point and i'm impressed by your thinking. logic you feel I used. I was deliberately patronizing to get a reaction from you -- since you are one of the most active players, perhaps you would slip up. You may hate me for it, but it is just another element of this game.

Kisuke Urahara, do you know who you are? I do not. There are many things that have yet to be revealed to me. In time I may learn more, but until then, my vote must stay cast on you.

But how was I suspicious!?

I will focus on Gin if he does anything of note in the coming hours, but now let's focus on you.

Well you're wasting your time patronizing. I have no reason to slip up. I know very well who I am, as well as who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Yoruichi View Post
    Re: Cult Leader -- We must consider the possibility there was already a Cultist at the beginning, plus the (likely) chance another was recruited last night (as Shinji said).
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Captain Hitsugaya View Post
    So it appears that Soifon was a Cult Leader. This appears to be good for us now that she's out of the way so no more can join her stupid cult. Is she the only Cultist, or is there more lurking among us?
    There's you, agreeing with Hitsugya and Shinji wouth actually adding anything. Example one.
    But if you notice, I actually suggested that there might have been two Cultists at the beginning of the game, and the one recruit, totaling three. Shinji mentioned the recruit, meaning one Cultist is left. Hitsugaya suggested there is an unknown number -- not very specific. I might have agreed that there is at least one Cultist alive, but I also suggested there would be two. Agreeing, perhaps, but also expanding. That, I feel, is my duty.

Quote Originally Posted by '[M
    Yoruichi]/quote]Ichigo darling, Gin Ichimaru's reasoning was bad, yes, but it was grasping at straws early. There's no real need for anyone to post reasoning for votes that early in the game. Would a scum feel required to post justification? Probably, it helps to avoid
    being called out if you give a reason. But that was such a ridiculous claim so early on that I'm tempted to think it was just, well, early game nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Jin Kariya View Post
    ##vote:Aizen. Gin may have had a weak point, but at least it's a point.
    Jin already pointed out that it was a weak point, though its' still not much a reason to vote for him yet. Example two.
    I pointed out it was a weak point. Jin said it was a scummy point. I said it was early game nonsense. In other words, not a scummy move. You miss the differences in our posts, and that is why I was confused.

I wasn't aware agreeing with a point and trying to expand upon it is a sign of a scum. Perhaps I should vote for you, because you have been agreeing with Kisuke darling quite a lot. This is me goading you, by the way. Don't fall for it.

Rangiku my dear, I dislike being called out for being inactive when I spend six hours hovering over the thread. I get bored when people don't speak. I'm not content trawling through the same posts looking for the magic key to unravel everything. I just wish for everyone to realize I am here, and not skulking about, biding my time.

But how was I suspicious!?

I will focus on Gin if he does anything of note in the coming hours, but now let's focus on you.

Well you're wasting your time patronizing. I have no reason to slip up. I know very well who I am, as well as who you are.
    I have mentioned how I found you suspicious, and it is merely the fact that you are seeing justification in your posts that I am not. The same way you are finding errors in mine when I do not see them.

Being painful is what I do best though, dear Kisuke, so please don't be surprised if I annoy you further. However I will try and spread the joy around. I don't want to anger you too thoroughly.

Focus on me then. Do you have questions of me? I am intrigued that you know my role. It would be kind of you to share your thoughts on that. Being in the dark is not quite what I anticipated.