Page 52 of 66 FirstFirst ... 232424647484950515253545556575862 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XVIII Game Thread: Welcome To The Soul Society

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Jin Kariya View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Mayuri Kurotsuchi View Post
    I wonder if, perhaps, these Security Guard roles function the same way as Bodyguards do in the Mafia role flash.
    If so, why has there sometimes been only one night kill.
    If I recall correctly, Body Guard takes the kill for someone so that they don't die. It's possible that if that's the way it functioned, the current take on Night Kills wouldn't' be inconsistent with it. It just means that Orihime chose some crappy targets to protect.

Mind you though, I think I regret bringing up that speculation. It doesn't really prove anything, and even if we determined the role, Orihme wasn't vocal enough to really make any use of it.

And the one or two night kill things can be explained by the Poisoner being able to target, as well as Mafia.

Now we have a Vig, who I"m inclined to believe in for the time being.

I have a couple theories on the Rangiku death at night, but at best those are speculation that, while making sense, I don't really have any facts to back them up with.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rukia Kuchiki View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by [M] Jin Kariya View Post
    I wonder if, perhaps, these Security Guard roles function the same way as Bodyguards do in the Mafia role flash.
    If so, why has there sometimes been only one night kill.
    If I recall correctly, Body Guard takes the kill for someone so that they don't die.
    If the person the Bodyguard protects is targeted by a killing role, the Bodyguard dies in their place.

Now I think about it, the single death nights are probably from them targeting the same person.

The theories on Rangiku Matsumoto's death would be lovely to hear, Rukia Kuchiki, because I am completely dumbfounded as to what could have occurred.

As for the number of night kills each night, I can only imagine the Poisoner targeted someone Night 1 and so they died Night 2. I only arrived Day 4, so I was unable to kill Night 3. I apologize if my numbering is off.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Rukia Kuchiki View Post
    I have to main suspicions, though saddly this time none are original.

First is, of course, Ulquiorra. Mostly for talking a lot without really saying anything at all.

I'm more concerned about Renji however.

I'm basing this soley on his current player however, so I won't take into account the inactivity.

I have no Idea how he thought Mayuri was saying 'if one's town then the other's scum'.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Renji Abarai View Post
    My thoughts on the identity of the Governor: The Governor has used his/her ability to save only Gin Ichimaru, but as we have learned, Gin Ichimaru wasn't the Governor himself. Therefore, the person who saved Gin Ichimaru is unlikely to be a person who voted for him. Yoruichi and Shinji Hirako are inverted on this: they were not saved, so it is likely that the Governor thought them guilty and so would have also voted for them.

As far as I am aware, only Captain Hitsugaya can fit my theory.
    So by your reckoning, Ulqiorra and Rukia are the remaining scum?
    I will say I think a governer is NOT normally promited more then one lynch prevention, I think I mentioned it before but I forget, so Yoru and Shinji don't really reflect anything on who the governer role was.

But the Idea that anyone is shown to be scum by the simple claim that 'this dude stopped this lynch' is rediculous.

And I dont' understand the Doc claim. He has no way to back it up, since he hasn't been until this guy took over, so if anything he comes across as making a claim to save himself rather then actually doing something productive, which he failed miserably to do during the time he was here.

And mind you, his reasoning for WHY there is a doctor is just odd, and didn't really prove anything either.

##vote: Renji
    Ok. I was simply pointing out that a doctor is present in about 95% of all mafia games and everyone had seemed to have forgotten the role.
    Secondly, my statement on Kurotsuchi's comment was because I believed he was replying to my comment and his suspicions of Ulqiorra earlier in the thread.
    I wasn't saying either of you were scum but merely trying to reason the possibility of a scum remaining in the group original group.
    Last of all, since it has been my first day in the role, I haven't had to oppertunity to save someone yet. And frankly I don't know who I would try to save at this time. But apparently, I can't save myself during the night!

If its true doc targeted gin last night, then that means no cult kills last night, so the cult may be completely gone. so that just leaves godfather and whever is killing, unless I misunderstood the godfather role. Also, a few days ago kisuke claimed to have prevented poisonings by yoruichi before she died, but she never would have poisoned anyone, she never opened her role pm. Kisuke, you need to clear this up.

Of all the people left in the game, I find Ulqiorra most suspicious. Everyone else seems to be using logic and reasoning in the determination of the mafia while his posts are erratic and seems to have little or no reasoning to any of his voting methods. For those reasons:

##Vote: [M] Ulquiorra

The theories on Rangiku Matsumoto's death would be lovely to hear, Rukia Kuchiki, because I am completely dumbfounded as to what could have occurred.

As for the number of night kills each night, I can only imagine the Poisoner targeted someone Night 1 and so they died Night 2. I only arrived Day 4, so I was unable to kill Night 3. I apologize if my numbering is off.
    the poisoner never killed anyone, she never opened her role pm

##unvote: renji
    ##vote: kisuke

until you explain yourself

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Ulquiorra View Post
    If its true doc targeted gin last night, then that means no cult kills last night, so the cult may be completely gone. so that just leaves godfather and whever is killing, unless I misunderstood the godfather role. Also, a few days ago kisuke claimed to have prevented poisonings by yoruichi before she died, but she never would have poisoned anyone, she never opened her role pm. Kisuke, you need to clear this up.
    Although Youroichi may not have opened her role, she had to assume she had a night role of some description so she would have sent random names to HCY during the night phase. As such, it is possible that she was prevented from poisoning some by Kisuke.

But she said herself she used targeted someone with a night action anyway! Read the thread, please.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2 hours 40mins left

Day 5 voting history

Mayuri votes Ulquiorra

Ulquiorra votes Renji

Kisuke votes Ulquiorra

Rukia votes Renji

Renji votes Ulquiorra

Ulquiorra unvotes Renji

Ulquiorra votes Kisuke

Ulquiorra - 3
    Renji - 2
    Kisuke - 1

Ulquiorra is 1 vote away from a majority lynch

I would appreciate if someone would come out and sort these things out.

At this point, I really don't care what Ulquiorra flips. Of course I think and hope he flips Mafia, but if he doesn't, we have no severe penalty happen to ud. That's why I feel he is the best lynch choice.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Kisuke Urahara View Post
    At this point, I really don't care what Ulquiorra flips. Of course I think and hope he flips Mafia, but if he doesn't, we have no severe penalty happen to ud. That's why I feel he is the best lynch choice.
    I am inclined to agree with you kisuke. There is no serious damage done at this stage if he is a towns person. And its an even better outcome if he is anti-town.