Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: VROOM VROOM BEEP BEEP

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

don't be hating on my car. there's less than 70000 km on it. That's less than 44k miles to you backward yanks.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

*yawn* Okay, NCG, here's some more things of interest.......I'm assuming there's no sort of security on my photobucket, and you can access these. I don't know, I'm tired.

Petunia's GBA boost controller set-up

Part 2

Bernard the beat to hell BMW 325is

Bernard with one of the race Miatas on top of him.
    Bernard has a powerplant swap, but it's nothing incredible. It was really done just because that was the engine we had a available. He's lowered on Bilsteins struts and springs, but really needs a lot of TLC. We might make him a race car.

A very quick first gen. Mazda RX-7. Faster than Petunia, and Petunia is pretty quick. It's been modified a good bit as well.

The bike again.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    He let Rye borrow it for a day.
    >:O

I parallel parked for the first time yesterday. And I mean real parallel parking, in a crowded village street between two cars. It was beautiful. Those are two lines that will never, ever, meet.

It's a precursor of what I'll do to your butt, Bun-Bun. >:3

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    *yawn* Okay, NCG, here's some more things of interest.......I'm assuming there's no sort of security on my photobucket, and you can access these. I don't know, I'm tired.

Part 2

Bernard has a powerplant swap, but it's nothing incredible. It was really done just because that was the engine we had a available. He's lowered on Bilsteins struts and springs, but really needs a lot of TLC. We might make him a race car.

A very quick first gen. Mazda RX-7. Faster than Petunia, and Petunia is pretty quick. It's been modified a good bit as well.

The bike again.
    This makes me wish I was still friends with the other guy that I used to work on cars with.

And I want an RX-7.

I can't drive, YET, but I own a hideously coloured fiat punto.

In my defence, my brother gave it to me free of charge. Who the hell would say no to a free car?

There's nothing wrong with a Fiat Punto (other than the name ). Especially a free one. They're fun little hatches. manual?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post

Part 2

The bike again.
    This makes me wish I was still friends with the other guy that I used to work on cars with.

And I want an RX-7.
    I posted some other pics earlier, I'm pretty sure. We have that first gen., my second gen., and another second gen. convertible we're about to do a v8 swap into. Should be a fun little drop top after that.

In storage we have two more first gen. 7's that time forgot, and some power plants.

Blog Entries

Jesus, man. Which engine are you dropping into the convertible?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Jesus, man. Which engine are you dropping into the convertible?
    The GM 5.7liter. I think it's an LO. It's the engine model before the LT1.

LS1 swaps are fairly common, but this car is a convertible. If it were a coupe we might go that route for performance. The conv. chassis isn't ideal for a performance monster. This big v8 should still be PLENTY to help it get out of it's own way. We bought a Buick Roadmaster for 300 bucks for the powertrain. The plan is to pull the engine and transmission, and scrap the rest. The beast weighs so much, that at scrap value we'll get enough money back to basically have gotten the engine and trans for free.

If you want to know more about why, I'll continue to ramble. Just let me know. I'll add some pics of the future cruiser.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

See FOA? It'll be a domestic powered import! Nothing but domestic love.
    Last edited by sharkythesharkdogg; 02-13-2011 at 07:39 PM.

Blog Entries

That's pretty cool, man. About how long will that take you to finish?

I remember one of my friend's wanted to drop a Northstar engine into his Ford Probe and he wanted me to help.

I'm not sure. We haven't done this particular swap before, so it will take longer than normal just from learning the specifics as we go.

why do you want an RX-7 anyway? and what generation?

Blog Entries

It's one car that I'd like to own as a daily driver but work on little by little. I have a list of cars actually.

I was thinking either second or third generation, with the second probably being easier and cheaper to acquire.

Blog Entries

I'd love to do an engine/tranny swap in my impreza. and like 45million other things to it

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

2000 jag s
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

The issue with rotaries is ones that aren't properly rebuilt. People see drag and race rotaries that turn and turn and turn and won't fire. Or the engines that just pop when they get wrung out. The thing is those are race motors, and aren't built to last.

They get bad wrap as being ty motors when it's just not the case. A properly rebuilt 13b will give you 300k easy as long as it's maintained. Thing is that parts aren't cheap. One of the main reasons we're doing this 5.7 swap is that it will be cheaper, even after rebuilding the thing, than correctly rebuilding and installing the 13b.

It will have more room under the hood for the v-8 than the same era or more modern Camaro. It will weigh less than the same era Camaro, and have better brakes/suspension than the Camaro. Win, win, win.

Why don't you want a first gen 7? Those little things are beasts.
    Last edited by sharkythesharkdogg; 02-15-2011 at 02:08 AM.