Thread: The TV Show Game! ['90s Edition]

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I'll go backwards once more, to Number Twenty Three! Now I purposely picked a tough image for this one, because I thought it would be too obvious otherwise! It was Angel to those of you playing at home! My other idea was to get a shot with Buffy in there to completely smurf with you guys

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Coming in at Number Ten is The Magnificent Seven. Never heard of it myself, but then neither had most of you! I thought a full cast line up might help some guys, or at least that amish cowboy fella. What's his deal, anyone?

Next runner up was Mr Blues Agent with a meaty 12/25. Halfway, we'll call it, and as a prize, you get a lovely half glass of water. Whether it's half full or half empty is up to you!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Number Eleven was good ol' Law and Order. Didn't the old guy and the black guy give it away? What do you mean there's one of those in all of them shows? Oh well, better luck next time! (But seriously are all these shows just clones of each other? CSI and L&O need to sit down and discuss this.)

OH WHAT'S THIS A DOUBLE REVEAL? I'm getting lazy because I picked a bad time to reveal and nobody is here. So have Number Twelve too, which just so happens to be (The) King of Queens. I love the old man in that show, especially that one time he started a business with that kid.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Number Three, ladies and gentlemen, was Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills. Never heard of it? Well neither have I. What the smurf kind of show is it, anyway? I suppose exactly what it says on the tin.

I thought nobody would've heard of it. But three of you had. THREE OF YOU ARE smurfING CRAZY. No prizes for guessing which three.

Which brings me to our next runner up. Give it up for Levian and his score of 13! Unlucky for some, but our dear Levian has managed to win himself this delightful bear-monkey-thing!

That's what comes up if you search for "slightly better than half" in Google images. Wicked.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Lucky lucky Four Number Four here we go it's the show known as Two Guys, (and) A Girl (and a Pizza Place). I gave full marks for both answers because really, I was pissed when I heard they killed off the pizza place. That was my favourite character! He was like, dude, I'm a pizza place.

Most of you got that one, which is good. I like to see you young folk taking an interest in television shows. While we're at it, how about another one?

Number Five do a jive let's dance because this show's live! No idea what I'm on about now, but this show is Rocko's Modern Life. I remember he had the worst luck. Poor guy. And those sneakers must be so very old, he wore them everywhere.

I think nearly all of you got that one right, too. So good job on supporting poor ol' Rocko.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Number Six right here. It was a hard one. Between you and me, I'd never heard of it, nor was I sure that image was even of the show. It was tough to find anything on it at all! But a handful of you got it, after I gave you a hint. So good job, folks.

Next up we have Number Seven and The Nanny. Her voice still haunts me. And her outfits. Oh god no make it stop. A lot of you knew it too. Does her voice echo in your head too?

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Can't believe I got The Nanny right. I've seen like a half episode of it, I think.

Edit: Also you never said what #6 was xD

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Our next runner up is Mr Raistlin. He scored a sound 15/25 on the quiz, and that's an alright job in my books. Probably more than I would've gotten!

As a reward for his score falling in the middle of nowhere, he gets an island in the middle of nowhere. Happy holidays, Raist!

By the way, the next show to be revealed is Number Eight, which is Strangers with Candy. This was a submission by none other than Lusty Justy. I'm pretty sure that image is from the '06 movie, but you guys guessed it anyway. And about half of you got it, too, which is pretty impressive!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Number Nine! OH NUMBER NINE. It was Power Rangers, or as it seems to prefer, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. Man this show was the tits. We used to be Power Rangers at school and beat up on the giant robots coming to destroy earth. Really they were just fat kids who we didn't like, but it was still awesome.

I jest. I was the one who got bullied. I have severe mental scarring from it. Maybe. That's what my invisible friend reckons anyway.

OH MAN I JUST REMEMBERED. Once I was playing Power Rangers with my cousin and he was like "dude man I need a sword it'll be smurfing awesome" so five year old him and five year old me were like "YEAH" until he cut my face with a butter knife. Cut me deep.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Up next we have Number Thirteen and Judge Judy. She lays the beatdown on folks. I used to watch this every afternoon after school and promised I'd never be made to look as dickish as half the people she has on there. It's like, what are you completely mental or just slightly? Some of the claims too, oh man. I'm sure Raistlin would just die.

Our next highest scorer was DMKA! For managing a smooth 18/25, I'm awarding you this shiny rock! If it comes down to it, you can bash the competition in the face and win the next one!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Number Fourteen is JAG. It used to air at 7:30 so 7yo Jiro got to stay up past his 7:30 bedtime so he could watch JAG. It was a pretty cool show, and one of our competitors confessed to have a huge crush on Catherine Bell! I won't say who though

Tim the Toolman is in at Number Fifteen with Home Improvement. I used to just watch the intro where the kid is jumping like he's in a game. I like games. Can you tell? But there's also that guy who hides his face. Wilson or Woodrow or something. You know who I mean! One of our players got this one spectacularly wrong but I almost gave him/her points anyway. I mean it was pretty hilarious. (ilu)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Getting close to the end now, and we have Number Twenty Two! Very few of you got this one right. I thought a cast shot might have helped, but to be fair, I didn't have a clue either! It was, of course, Babylon 5. Apparently a marvellous sci-fi show, so you/we should probably check it out IF INTERESTED

We have a tie for our next runners up. Coming in at 19/25 we have both Wolf Kanno and delightful Del Murder! Mad props for turning his game around, old Delly boy. Both of you get to take home this wonderful Kit Kat bar!

I may or may not have sampled them. Just to make sure they were safe, of course.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I guessed Friends for #15 It kind of sort of looked like Jennifer Aniston on the left and she's the only actor I know was in that show :riiight:

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Twenty One now, and it's Charmed. Attractive witches is usually a plus as far as things go, so it wasn't too shabby a show. But then it got confusing and I lost interest because people kept dying so I was like w/e trevor. Surprisingly it was only guessed by about half, maybe three quarters of you. I thought it would've been better known for some reason.

Let's look at Twenty. Oh Twenty. The image has nothing to do with the show I was meant to be looking for. But do you know what? Everybody got it. I'm pretty sure even lovely Rantzien got it and it probably never aired in poor Sweden. So well done it was all a trick and Twenty was of course The Closer. The image contains a much better program than the other one, trust me.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Number Nineteen here we are and he is Dawson's Creek. My ma watched this once upon a time. I have no idea if it's any good. I bet they got into all sorts of teenage drama llama. But a fair few of you guessed it, so it mustn't have been too bad after all!

Our next runner up is Remon! Scoring an impressive 21/25 (thank you for picking up my miscalc. too btw), Remon will be taking home this lovely gold watch valued at something ridiculous! It's worth so much you'll hide it away rather than risk scratching the bastard of a thing!