Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Top 11 Dumbest Spider-Man Moments

Quote Originally Posted by Crop View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnNintendoNerd View Post
    He was just a cliched, overacting, mustache twirling, run of the mill, villain.
    Erm, I'm pretty sure he was told to act that way. If he wasn't, they would have called cut and asked him to reshoot but tone it down. He's an actor, he's not going to act differently based on his costume.

Also, I've never been a fan of the Nostalga Critic...now there's an overactor.

That's what's wrong with it, though. Whether you like the Nostalgia Critic or not, he hit the nail on the head when he mentioned that comic book movies are supposed to be movies first and movies for adults for that matter.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Crop View Post
    Erm, I'm pretty sure he was told to act that way. If he wasn't, they would have called cut and asked him to reshoot but tone it down. He's an actor, he's not going to act differently based on his costume.
    Exactly. It's the fault of the writers and director for making it so obnoxiously cheesy in the first place. The costume did not completely alter his acting, and I don't think the Critic was even trying to make that point; you are taking his comments too literally (and if he was saying that, then he's wrong too). The costume is not a serious concern (hell, I didn't even think it was that bad; are you really trying to say a faithful costume would not be silly?). The writing was the problem.

I think Dafoe did about as well as he could under those circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    I seriously doubt the costume had an effect on the acting performance.
    Yes it did. Because if you're Willem Dafoe how are you supposed to take your acting job seriously if you look like a smurfing reject from Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers? If you can't see that Dafoe was doing an overacting job on purpose then quite frankly you need glasses. Because you're blind.
    Dafoe is a brilliant actor and he doesn't seem to do anything half-hearted to me. I th ink he played to part right imo. I think he followed the directors guidance (as an actor should do).

I think you're too much of a fan boy dude. He made valid points, but the stuff he said was just an opinion. You take it as the truth.
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot View Post
    I think you're too much of a fan boy dude. He made valid points, but the stuff he said was just an opinion. You take it as the truth.
    It is the truth for the most part. The Spider-Man films we got from Sam Raimi were just too jokey and cynical....And how you guys manage to take those Spidey films seriously is something I'll never be able to fully comprehend.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

... wha?
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

SOMEONE GET THIS SMURFING SPIDER OFF ME

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

JohnNintendoNerd, please refrain from calling other members blind and insinuating that they're stupid because they don't agree with you. We bring our opinions into the mix to make for a good discussion, not to be belittled for them.

And how you guys manage to take those Spidey films seriously is something I'll never be able to fully comprehend.
    Some people, such as myself, enjoy the movies for what they are even though they're silly. I saw the movies, I saw the scenes he pointed out, my opinion remains unchanged. And if I were to change my opinion it wouldn't be because a squeaky voiced film critic pointed out all the things I noticed on my own.

And dancing emo Peter (not the club scene) was the best scene in all three movies combined!

Blog Entries

This guy has the most annoying voice in the galaxy. I stopped watching at around the five-minute mark.

there was a picture here

I'm just saying that the tone of these Spider-Man movies is very uneven. I mean they're just really silly movies with a lot of funny scenes and a lot of unintentionally funny scenes that borderline self-parody. And Spider-Man 3 was inconsistent too because there was this scene in "Spidey 3," where Betty Brant (the chick with the haircut that's amazingly out of place in these modern times,) is being turned on by "Emo Peter," but then just one scene later Emo Pete was walking the streets of New York and there were a bunch of women who were disgusted by his presence alone. You can't do that in a film if you want to remain consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    This guy has the most annoying voice in the galaxy. I stopped watching at around the five-minute mark.
    By the way I've heard much worse voices. I'd much rather listen to Doug Walker's voice than to ever subject myself to Sarah Palin's grating voice ever again.

[G13]Merged - G13[/G13]
    Last edited by G13; 02-15-2011 at 02:40 AM.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

There's a mulit-quote button at the bottom of each post you can use instead of posting consecutively. You can also edit your posts to add in quotes you missed or just add an afterthought.

I think those women were disgusted with Peter for the way he was acting. I'm sure if he broke into dance or acted like a pig in front of Ms. Brant she would have reacted the same way.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why are we arguing so seriously about something which can't be taken seriously? It's enough to make someone's head hurt. I'm far more interested in seeing the reboot series of films due to come out. I just hope they actually get it right this time.

A point I'm going to make after watching the video in the original post: It isn't hard to take costumed super heroes seriously in films for prime examples of this take a look towards Christopher Nolan's Batman movies, In fact I'll point out a costumed villain in his films even above the brilliant performances by Bale as Batman himself. I am ofcourse giving a massive nod to Heath Ledger's Joker who was all around one of the best performances and most believable performances I've seen in recent years. Something which could explain the reasons why the Spiderman films were "so silly" from an adults perspective could lay in the age ratings given. I know America doesn't really dwell on age restrictions however over here in the UK it's a big deal so lets use british age restriction certificates to prove my point. Comparing the X-men and Spiderman trilogies here, looking over my DVD collection, I noticed Spiderman 2 (and if I recall correctly, my DVDs are on loan to my nephew the others too) are rated as PG or Parental Guidance compared to the X-men films all being rated as 12. Look at the criteria for these age ratings on the page, there's something I would like to quote on the PG page:

Unaccompanied children of any age may watch. A ‘PG’ film should not disturb a child aged around eight or older. However, parents are advised to consider whether the content may upset younger or more sensitive children.
    Basically Spiderman was a kid's film from start to finish of the trilogy. Not an adult movie like Batman or even X-Men which were rated as 12s.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

That scene with Doctor Octopus in the operating theatre in Spiderman 2 doesn't seem much like a kid's film to me.

The new Spiderman film is called The Amazing Spiderman apparently. They're just asking for trouble there with a title like that!
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"