Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xmen prequel film and other marvel films Cap America, Thor

Default Xmen prequel film and other marvel films Cap America, Thor

YouTube - X-Men: First Class - Official Trailer

I heard it was a reboot, doesn't really come off as a reboot to me as it has footage from the other movies. I'm sort of attracted to the X-men WW2 period of the franchise. So, I'm a little excited for this movie.

Captain America
    YouTube - Captain America The First Avenger Official Trailer (2011 Movie)

This is sort of cool, because it's a franchise back from the time the film is inspired to take place.

Thor
    YouTube - Thor - Trailer (OFFICIAL)
    I'm not entirely sure of my opinions on this one, but I'm a fan of Natalie Portman and I am attracted to mythology.

Blog Entries

Couldn't really care less about Captain America, but the mere thought of another X-Men movie, thrills me beyond belief. Thor looks great, and definitely, probably, worth the time.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm super excited for Thor. Captain America looks pretty cool. I guess a new X-men movie is neat.

My ex-boyfriend's name is Thor

Ugh.

I think they all look rather silly.

Thor looks the most promising of those three trailers. X-Men looks terrible.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Fox sucks at making MARVEL movies so I definitely ain't going to support them. The casting of this movie is so damn random and stupid, I wonder if they even really care. Also where'd you get WW2 from in the X-men trailer?

I really hope Cap is at least as good as Batman Begins.

Edit: nevermind. Magneto
    Last edited by Depression Moon; 02-11-2011 at 08:56 PM.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Apparently First Class will deal with a bit of Xavier and Magneto's origins story (First Class arose from what was originally going to be X-Men Origins: Magneto) which does involve World War II (specifically the Holocaust). As Depression Moon mentioned, though, First Class is a FOX production in association with Marvel. I would thus expect it to be the worst of the three movies.

Thor has Kenneth Brannaugh directing, which is all kinds of interesting for a super hero movie. It also has Natalie Portman in it. Oh, and Anthony Hopkins is playing Odin. Thor will also finally be bringing the supernatural into Marvel's movie universe; so far it's only been Iron Man and Hulk's pseudo-science, so it will be interesting to see how they propose to mesh all of that.

Captain America has Hugh Weaving as Red Skull. If there's anything he showed us in V for Vendetta, that man is amazing underneath a mask, so I have high expectations.

Additionally, an X-Men Origins: Wolverine II is also in development. I understand that it will be involved with the Japan cycle of Wolverine's story, which, as I understand it, is supposed to be one of the best story lines to come out of the X-Men. Not sure on the dates of that. Again, it's Fox so I'm iffy on it.

Additionally additionally, Deadpool is getting his own movie as well. Ryan Reynolds is reprising his role but has confirmed that it will be a retcon of the Deadpool we saw in Origins: Wolverine. Apparently he's a huge Deadpool fan and insisted they do it right this time around, so Deadpool will be breaking the fourth wall. As it is X-Men, this is also Fox. Regular disclaimers apply.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Deadpool is associated enough to be counted as an X-Men character? From what I hear from other people he started out being a part of Weapon X, but he became his own character throughout the years.

Wolf Kanno told me off for liking X2 so I know he's gonna trip when he comes to this thread.
    Last edited by Depression Moon; 02-11-2011 at 09:44 PM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Deadpool did eventually spin off on his own, but he started as an offshoot of the X-Men. More importantly, Fox owns the rights to him because of his appearance in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

'X-Men: First Class' Mutates History in New Trailer - MOVIE TALK on Yahoo! Movies

Director Matthew Vaughn told Entertainment Weekly that the 1960s setting makes this film like "X-Men meets [James] Bond, with a little bit of 'Thirteen Days' thrown in." It's clear in the trailer that the style of the '60s is everywhere in the movie, from the character's regular clothes to their X-Men uniforms, which copy the blue-and-yellow color scheme from the original comic books. Obviously, there is a lot of action in the movie, but Vaughn insists there's more to it than that. He said, "It's got a lot of teenage angst. The 'Twilight' girls will like it."

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Like I said. Standard Fox disclaimers apply.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've never had interest in the character of Thor, but this movie has Natalie Portman so I will probably watch it.

First Class seems like an interesting story but X3 and Wolverine were such horrible movies that I've given up hope for the X-Men franchise.

I'm looking forward to Captain America, especially since it's his origin story that takes place in the WWII era. I love that era, and the thought of Cap kicking Nazi ass is too good to pass up.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I am excited about Captain America, hesitantly optimistic about Thor, and already facepalming about X-Men, which will very likely be terrible (again).

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    First Class seems like an interesting story but X3 and Wolverine were such horrible movies that I've given up hope for the X-Men franchise.
    Worth noting that First Class is being directed by Matthew Vaughn who recently made Kick Ass. That alone has given me high hopes. I'd like to see the X-Men movies back on form. X2 is up there with Spiderman 2 as my favourite comic book movie.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

I used to think Spider-Man 2 was a very good comic book movie, but I recently caught it on HBO since they'd been showing all the Spider-Man movies over and over. It was nowhere near as good as I remembered it being.