Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Immersive Tv shows

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

The shows I like in that regard are Doctor Who and Stargate Universe. At the moment, anyway. I've watched the odd episode of other things but nothing really, really stood out.

If you're up for a giggle, watch the full series of The Inbetweeners. That covers about 18 episodes total, but for me it's a great laugh and Danielle and I quote it all the time.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Wait korean dramas? I have not heard of this addicting phenomenon.
    Look Here!

Asian dramas are very addictive.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Japanese drama shows can be pretty fun, but I wouldn't call them immersive because the acting is usually completely ridiculous and would make zero sense in real life.

Most HBO shows are pretty immersive for me, even though they're short. Rome and Generation Kill are among my favourites. I really felt like immersed while watching those.
    This twenty-year-old boy was distinguished from childhood by strange qualities, a dreamer and an eccentric. A girl fell in love with him, and he went and sold her to a brothel...

Well I've been watching the Stargate: SG-1 reruns on Sky 2 from the beginning and I have to say it's an absolute treat, it's been so long since I saw the early ones and I was last subjected to the tripe that was the last couple of seasons. It was easy to forget how good the early ones were.

The last show I really got into was probably 24. Although I have been watching Boardwalk Empire, which is turning out to be a pretty damn good show. It's just started so it's worth taking a look.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Wait korean dramas? I have not heard of this addicting phenomenon.
    They have all of the drama of American soaps but with closure because they don't run for decades and decades and decades! If the only one I watched is of any indication anyway.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh yeah, the great thing about Korean dramas is that they all wrap up within 20 episodes or so. It's REALLY rare for a Korean drama to have a 2nd season. They're more like miniseries. And it's great because you get all that crazy angst and OMFG but at the end, you usually get a YAAAAAY! Instead of like American soaps which go on forever until you give up watching.

Hulu has a Korean drama section.