Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bad games that you love.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Okage: Shadow King. It's really simple and broken, but it's so quirky and silly.

It's not awful, but it's certainly the best PS2 RPG by any means.

Articles
    Blog Entries

1. Custom Robo: I love this game, but in retrospect, the plot is cliche, and the battles are repetitive.

2.Wild Arms 2nd Ignition: Despite not being a horrible game, the translation's, the plot likes to beat my head with it's themes WAY too much, the difficulty is laughably easy, and I've yet to find a reason to care for any of the characters besides Ashley and Tim. In fact, I'd probably be playing something else right now if it weren't for the influences Trigun had on the game's setting.
    Returners Represent!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

^ I just can't agree that Wild ARMS 2nd Ignition was a bad game. Yes its preachy at times but at least its message was actually original as opposed to being a typical "power of friendship/love/human spirit spiel you normally get. Yes the Crimson Knight form of Ashely is ridiculously overpowered but its not like every boss fight was easy either. I don't know... I just can't agree man. It was the last good Wild Arms game if you ask me.

If I was going to bitch about anything with this game, its that basic magic and the summoning system got screwed over a bit. Making one character useless and forcing the player to have to use Tim if you want to summon.

I used to think that Devil Mary Cry 4 was bad, but I stilled played it cuz I love the series.

now I just cant stand DMC4 to even bother putting it in the XBOX :P (mainly cuz I played it on PC and I lost the save, then got it for xbox and I cant seem to keep my sanity long enough to stop falling off the platforms in mission 5 )

Blog Entries

Yeah DMC4 is probably the second worst after DMC2. I enjoy 4 though, but not 2.

Street Fighter The Movie, the arcade version, is a horrid game but has this really odd charm to it due to the wacky moves (they mostly have moves that were invented specifically for that game, as opposed to just the regular SF moves) and shifty animation.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

Quote Originally Posted by Polnareff View Post
    Yeah DMC4 is probably the second worst after DMC2. I enjoy 4 though, but not 2.

Street Fighter The Movie, the arcade version, is a horrid game but has this really odd charm to it due to the wacky moves (they mostly have moves that were invented specifically for that game, as opposed to just the regular SF moves) and shifty animation.
    Oh my God I totally forgot about DMC2. that game was awful!! especially since the demons ran away from you so my style ranking was always poopy >=O

Blog Entries

I actually got some really strange enjoyment out of DMC2 due to being able to play as Trish. But that meant you had to beat the game with Dante and Lucia on Hard difficulty, so I guarded my DMC2 saves where I had done that with my life. My life I say!

But there was so much bad stuff about the game. The areas were much larger and had fewer enemies, an auto-targeting system was added that ruined your combos due to the target switching back and forth, guns were way overpowered and carried you through the whole game, and other such things. It was mostly due to the original DMC team not working on it, but they should have known better than to get someone who had previously never directed a game before to direct a sequel like DMC2.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

Quote Originally Posted by Polnareff View Post
    I actually got some really strange enjoyment out of DMC2 due to being able to play as Trish. But that meant you had to beat the game with Dante and Lucia on Hard difficulty, so I guarded my DMC2 saves where I had done that with my life. My life I say!

But there was so much bad stuff about the game. The areas were much larger and had fewer enemies, an auto-targeting system was added that ruined your combos due to the target switching back and forth, guns were way overpowered and carried you through the whole game, and other such things. It was mostly due to the original DMC team not working on it, but they should have known better than to get someone who had previously never directed a game before to direct a sequel like DMC2.
    I didnt know u could play as Trish, but then again I didnt have the time to play it or find out 'bout those extras

What do u think of the new abomination called DMC where dante is skinny with black hair, looks horrific imo r.i.p Dante

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I really can't think of any games I've enjoyed that would fall into the category of "bad". "Mediocre" or "overrated," maybe, but not "bad"...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yahtzee says all the games I like are bad ^_^

Probably hundreds of RPG Maker games.

Blog Entries

Final Fantasy X-2 was so laughable but I have like 60 hours logged in it. Gah.
    Era Vulgaris
    "My life's a chip in your pile. Ante up!" ~Setzer, FFVI

"Knights do it two-handed!" ~Drunkard, FFV

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

FFX-2 is a strange case, it's got a weak plot but great game mechanics. It's a good game that seems worse than it is because it's always compared to its much better predacessor, FFX.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    ^ I just can't agree that Wild ARMS 2nd Ignition was a bad game. Yes its preachy at times but at least its message was actually original as opposed to being a typical "power of friendship/love/human spirit spiel you normally get. Yes the Crimson Knight form of Ashely is ridiculously overpowered but its not like every boss fight was easy either. I don't know... I just can't agree man. It was the last good Wild Arms game if you ask me.
    Don't get me wrong, I love Wild Arms 2nd Ignition. At the same time, a lot of things about the game really bug me. The difference in quality between Wild Arms and 2nd Ignition just leaves me a little dissappointed. Well to each his own, I suppose.

As always, I respect your opinion Wolf Kanno, it's just that when I play Wild Arms 2, I criticize the game more than I applaud it. Granted, I still have more fun playing it than I do playing Final Fantasy 13, so obviously I don't hate the game.
    Returners Represent!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Now, now, I am not saying Wild Arms 2 is better than the first game, just that overall, in the series itself, I would rank it higher than some of the later installments. Course its not like my opinion is right, I'm just saying I feel Wild Arms 2nd Ignitions faults are minor compared to a much larger list of titles out there.