Thread: Fantasy Baseball

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, you can always count on Champ to be right there at the end. I always thought he'd be the one to beat me.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Looks like it's over. I'm never one to quit but I also do mathematical projections for a living, and the numbers are just not in my favor. There is very little I can do since most categories we are close to each other in actually have me ahead. So believe it or not there is even more you could be doing to widen the gap. Barring some catastrophic collapse from your team or some surge from the other teams to eat at your score, there's not really much that can be done.

I'm not too upset because I can't really think of what I could have done differently to win. My current score would definitely be good enough to have won in the past. So it's all you. I'm still not sure how pulled this one out from under me. Clearly with pitching, but my pitching hasn't been bad. I think my main issue is that I still have the steroid-era mentality of an ERA under 4.00 being pretty good for a SP. So when I looked at my staff with guys like Chacin and Nolasco they were 'good enough' and I didn't bother making moves or check how far behind my ratios were in the standings.

The season's not over yet but I am quietly confident that I am finally putting together everything I learned from playing against you and everyone else over the years.

I'll post a more indepth breakdown as the end gets closer, but I took your formula for success and flipped it a bit.

Take care all.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Final three days, final three teams. Should be a finish for the ages. Any one of us could get it!

The king is dead, long live the king.

Take care all.