View Poll Results: A Nolan Batman sequel trilogy? Yay or Nay?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay.

3 27.27%
  • Nay.

5 45.45%
  • Maybe.

0 0%
  • It depends.

1 9.09%
  • No. Bring on the Reboot!

2 18.18%
  • I don't care either way.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you want Nolan's Batman to get a sequel trilogy?...

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's better than making ty sequels.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I can see it now: The Coen Brothers redo Batman Begins.

Basically, it's the same movie, but they cut out the climax and the ending. Still, it must be pointed out that they had some superb camera angles. Oscars are won.
    Why is there a little limit bar at the end of your post?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    It's better than making ty sequels.
    Kind of like how Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, and Michael Myers got ty ass slasher movie sequels????

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't even know what point you're making anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    I don't even know what point you're making anymore.
    All I'm saying is, who's afraid having a ty sequel or two every once and a while? We've all had to endure a smorgasbord of ty sequels in all different types of movie genres so one would think that you would be immune to ty sequels by now!

So that was Hollywood's master plan? Stuff enough ty movies down the throats of movie-goers until they just didn't care anymore but still paid to see the movies?

Genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    So that was Hollywood's master plan? Stuff enough ty movies down the throats of movie-goers until they just didn't care anymore but still paid to see the movies? Genius.
    It is genius. Because how do you explain the fact that people still hand out enough money to keep the video game movie genre going? Every video game to movie adaptation has been extremely bland or sub-par and yet people continue to spend gas money and ticket-price money to go see them! That's sending a message to the movie studios around The World that you people don't care about quality movies and that you'll pay anything to see any movie, even a ty-ass sequel because you guys don't give a SMURF!!!!
    Last edited by The Fat Bioware Nerd; 03-04-2011 at 06:22 PM.

DON'T WORRY, PEOPLE. I'M ALL OVER THIS.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNintendoNerd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    So that was Hollywood's master plan? Stuff enough ty movies down the throats of movie-goers until they just didn't care anymore but still paid to see the movies? Genius.
    It is genius. Because how do you explain the fact that people still hand out enough money to keep the video game movie genre going? Every video game to movie adaptation has been extremely bland or sub-par and yet people continue to spend gas money and ticket-price money to go see them! That's sending a message to the movie studios around The World that you people don't care about quality movies and that you'll pay anything to see any movie, even a ty-ass sequel because you guys don't give a SMURF!!!!
    Actually, I would say that very few video game movies end up as successes. Keep in mind that the Batman movies, much like the Spiderman, Superman, X-Men etc. movies, were not video game movies. They were superhero movies with their own plots, some of which had video games released based off of them. Video game movies such as Resident Evil, Mortal Kombat and (to a lesser extent) Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within are rarely as successful as superhero movies.

But if you replace that one part of your post (video game) with 'superhero' then yes, they are certainly all successful these days. I wouldn't go as far as to say they were all bland, though. I think the superhero movies are improving as time goes on, although I doubt they will ever really reach the heights of more serious movies when it comes to brilliant acting and deep storylines regardless of the actors/directors/etc. that work on them.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

1st, I'm still hoping "The Dark Knight Rises" is a placeholder name. I dislike that name deeply. It gives me stomach pains. It makes my ears bleed. It makes me want to pull my tongue out through my nose. It's just a pathetic name.

Moving on. I'm currently working on a sequel trilogy/reboot of X-Men. I don't know if anyone else is (and if they are, mine will likely never see the light of day), but I would like to see a reboot/sequel to Batman as well. If they can pull off a trilogy that somehow makes reference to the first trilogy, well, then that'd be awesome. I'm also working on a DC trilogy which shares the style of the Expendables but instead of having big-name actors, I've got Big-name characters. Of course, my trilogy takes place in an alternate reality free of supermen and kryptonite and metahumans. So everyone fights with fists and technology.