Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are you reading?

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Chocobo What are you reading?

I read quite often and I was wondering what you guys are currently reading. Also, feel free to talk about your favorite book/series.

I'm currently hacking my way through book seven, Reaper's Gale, of The Malazan Book of the Fallen series by Steven Erikson.
    It's an awesome series but two of the books have really been taxing to read because of shifts in character, but I still highly recommend it.

Because I'm one hell of a butler.

Blog Entries

I'm reading The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler. It's a crime novel, my favorite genre.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

A brief history of time, by Stephen Hawking. After that, I plan on re-reading Cosmos, by Carl Sagan. I haven't read that book since I was 12-13 years old.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I recently finished the most current Wheel of Time book, The Godfather, and Steven King's The Dark Half. I'm out of books to read until I feel like looking on Amazon to have some more shipped out to me.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Blackboy by Richard Wright and Christ in Concrete by Pietro di Donato.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by theundeadhero View Post
    I recently finished the most current Wheel of Time book, The Godfather, and Steven King's The Dark Half. I'm out of books to read until I feel like looking on Amazon to have some more shipped out to me.
    My uncle reads that same series, is it any good?

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I found The Blind Watchmaker in a thrift shop for 2 dollars and couldn't pass that up. I figured it's about time I gave it a read.

I love George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Fire and Ice" series. It just takes soooooo long between books. It was supposed to be five books, and he decided that wasn't enough to fit the story in. Now it's up to at least eight books, but we're still on book four and he hasn't published another one since '05.

Damn you, Martin! I've been reading this crap since '96! If you die on me before you finish this, I'll some how find a way to re-murder you!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    I found The Blind Watchmaker in a thrift shop for 2 dollars and couldn't pass that up. I figured it's about time I gave it a read.

I love George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Fire and Ice" series. It just takes soooooo long between books. It was supposed to be five books, and he decided that wasn't enough to fit the story in. Now it's up to at least eight books, but we're still on book four and he hasn't published another one since '05.

Damn you, Martin! I've been reading this crap since '96! If you die on me before you finish this, I'll some how find a way to re-murder you!!
    Haha I read up to book three, I loved it. It's a rather intense series, main characters drop like flies

I've been reading that damn series longer than I've been in any relationship. That puts things in perspective. That man needs to step on it. He said he'd be done with the 5th book back in '07. The last update was '08!! Is he dead? Someone check on that and get back to me......

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

He's alive and well working on the HBO series A Game of Thrones.

I'm still working my way through A Game of Thrones atm, but I'm thinking about starting the second book The Obsidian Chronicles. Highly recommended that series. The Riftwar Saga is another of my favorites.

Blog Entries

Currently ploughing my way through "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" again, and boy, I forgot just how doggone long it was.

Next book is "The Goblet of Fire".

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian XIII View Post
    He's alive and well working on the HBO series A Game of Thrones.

I'm still working my way through A Game of Thrones atm, but I'm thinking about starting the second book The Obsidian Chronicles. Highly recommended that series. The Riftwar Saga is another of my favorites.
    Joy. Hopefully it won't fail as hard as Salvatore's "Confessor" t.v. series. That was painful. The book series is another excellent one though.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Reading Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk currently. It's my first Palahniuk book, and I'm loving it.

Blog Entries

Salvatore? As in R.A. Salvatore?

Quote Originally Posted by Remon
    I'm reading The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler. It's a crime novel, my favorite genre.
    I'd love to pick that up at some point, I've got a thing for noir/detective stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien
    Reading Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk currently. It's my first Palahniuk book, and I'm loving it.
    Might I recommend picking up Choke and Haunted after you've finished Invisible Monsters? I'm not a big fan of Palahniuk anymore but I feel those are his two strongest novels. I didn't like Invisible Monsters all that much.

I'm currently in the middle of Crime and Punishment and after that I'm going to take a stab at David Copperfield.

Jellyfish swim by.