Thread: I want to use your brains.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default I want to use your brains.

Queens of the Stone Age is gonna play a show in the city on March 23rd.

The show sold out in about -1 minute. Guess who didn't get tickets? Well, you guys, yeah. But also not me.

The thing about that is, I really enjoy this band. I would like to see them live. I do not have good luck trying to win radio contests, but there are some radio contests I could try to win if you guys fail me.

I come to you this evening an empty vessel. I can't think of a sure fire way to get myself into this show without a ticket. But I know you guys. You're wiley and crafty and full of devilment. I you can work together to help me figure out a way into this show... if you do, I'll send you a t-shirt!

Signature by rubah. I think.

Blog Entries

is there any of those online ticket auction sites and shizzle? or buy one on the black market?

Or! Go to the show, hide behind a trash can. Then, when an old decrepit couple come beat them with the trash can and take their ticket :bigsmile

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

there will be scalpers on craigslist up to the week of the event, I promise you.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

This is the best way to go about it. I don't know how relevant it is. PS language warning.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am so disappointed in the lack of devilment in this thread.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Blog Entries

Scalpers will sell you a ticket for too much money. smurf THOSE GUYS, RIGHT?

I suggest taking a lot of psychedelic drugs and then charging past security hollering at the top of your lungs and flailing your arms wildly.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

It sounds crazy, but it worked for me. Most arenas take tickets at the main entrance, not actually going into the central arena area. For a sold out show I wanted to see (it was either Tool, or Bob Dylan. I can't remember) I got a job working concessions.

Then once the show was getting going, I told them I quit (Work concessions??!?! smurf dat noize!!!! I'm not selling giant pretzels with Tool playing 100 ft away) and walked into the arena area. I couldn't get down onto the floor, but I got down really close in the seating area. It worked out better than I even expected.

It's worth a shot, maybe.

Pose as a member of the band.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    It sounds crazy, but it worked for me. Most arenas take tickets at the main entrance, not actually going into the central arena area. For a sold out show I wanted to see (it was either Tool, or Bob Dylan. I can't remember) I got a job working concessions.

Then once the show was getting going, I told them I quit (Work concessions??!?! smurf dat noize!!!! I'm not selling giant pretzels with Tool playing 100 ft away) and walked into the arena area. I couldn't get down onto the floor, but I got down really close in the seating area. It worked out better than I even expected.

It's worth a shot, maybe.
    you dirty, lying, conniving little bast....genius!!!

and posing as a band member would work...i kno what the members of QOTSA look like an i hate them...i kno...it's wrong...but i'm a metalhead, ftw

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

One word solution: Parachuting.