Thread: PocketStation

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I tried using it on the PC version and it was too damn confusing. I didn't need it to win anyway.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I actually own one, you could import it and it worked in any region Batteries last very little time though...
    FOA

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator

Quote Originally Posted by BG-57 View Post
    Unfortunately, no. Since the timeline in the games is IV -> Tactics -> V -> I -> II -> III, there's no way characters from III could cameo in IV, so that kind of broke the continuity. And I guess not enough people played Tactics to justify carrying over data into V.
    I see. Suikoden V takes place in the Queendom of Falena, right? There are a handful of characters from that region that were in previous Suikoden games, but I guess the problem lies in the fact that they are no longer continuing the timeline forward, so I expect to see little from the series when it comes to this feature until they decide to move in a constant direction rather than skipping around through the timeline to select points that the writers wish to convey.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Yes it does. I completely agree with your point: unless VI happens soon after V there won't be much in the way of carryover content.

Georg Prime is a central character in V and a rather mysterious peripheral character in II. Killey and Lorelei both show up as well, as do the expected constants like Viki and Jeane. For what it's worth, V is an excellent game and enjoyable to play.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

When did this become a Suikoden Thread?

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Sorry, while I was complaining about carryover bonues in FFVIII, I contrasted how the Suikoden series handled carryover bonuses better. I'll take it to PM if anyone wants to continue the Suiko discussion.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Its all good, just make a Suikoden thread or thread on games that take content from one to the other.

I played the PC version, which emulates Chocobo World. Nothing special, and the rewards are so few and far between that it's barely worth it. It IS nice, though, when you accidentally receive a Dark Matter before the end of disc 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I played it in the PC version. It was cute but got old quickly. It was cool to get items from it though!
    Bingo. It was a cute little distraction, probably would have been better if it had been portable and all.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Blog Entries

I tried it out before. You could get it from japan back in the day. I'm not so sure about now. I now have been looking at some of the items you can get and none of them really appeal to me but the summon ones. I did hear that mini-mog can't be summoned with a gameshark?
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Blog Entries

Blame Sony for us never getting the Pocketstation. I don't remember the exact reason but it was along the lines of "not many games use it so smurf it."

And they were actually right. Not that many games used it. FFVIII did, as well as Pocket Fighter, and a few other games. But not really enough for it to be worthwhile.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

I wouldn't blame sony for not getting the pocketstation here, I would blame square for putting in the useless gimick to begin with. Just like the playonline thing with ff9. BS like that doesn't appeal here or possibly anywhere but Japan.

Is it true though that you can get a pocket station from ebay and that it would work on the american ps2 slim and can get the items?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Baloki Kyuu (Sargatanas)
    Contributions

It is true, yes. The pocketstation is not region locked.
    FOA

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xalibar View Post
    I wouldn't blame sony for not getting the pocketstation here, I would blame square for putting in the useless gimick to begin with. Just like the playonline thing with ff9. BS like that doesn't appeal here or possibly anywhere but Japan.

Is it true though that you can get a pocket station from ebay and that it would work on the american ps2 slim and can get the items?
    Thing is, Sony were supposedly aiming on bringing the Pocketstation out here, but decided against it. By this time, FFVIII had already been made and released and had the content left in. Then the Pocketstation didn't come out and everyone was all "smurf Squaresoft! "

And yeah it's true.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down