Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Mini-game

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dancing Chocobo Favorite Mini-game

What was your favorite mini-game in FFVII, this includes one time events like the CPR and sneaking past Shin-Ra security.

For me personally, I like the ones that were not only integrated into the story well, but actually made sense to the plot, like the parade scene in Junon, the CPR, and sneaking past security in the Shin-Ra building. Though I still get a blast playing the Submarine game and Snowboarding.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I liked playing the Bike Chase over and over. The Parade marching was a bitch, but I loved the other bit. I nailed it every time.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

parade marching was awesome! along with the personal show for rufus. and pretty much anything that can be found in gold saucer is amazing, except for the arm wrestling lol i could never get that one

63% of statistics are made up on the spot.

CPR minigame left the strongest impression on me, but I like bike riding and Junon march more entertaining.

Thinking of that, I think Square made a great job with minigames in FF7 - most of them mesh incredibly well with the story and even those that are voluntary were quite fun to play.

the snowboarding mini game waz my fav but i hate the stupid parade

yes, im wasting my teenage years playing final fantasy. no, that's a good thing.

Watching Cid pump the out of those levers when he stops the train always gave me a rush.

Chocobo racing/breeding, the submarine, battle square, sometimes motorcycle racing, Mog House the 1st time, the Rufus soldier show, and I always considered materia more of a minigame than anything else. One I was fairly bad at keeping balanced. (Master materia on all 8 characters ftw!)

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Definitely Snow Boarding, but the G-Bike and Chocobo Racing come pretty close (there's a Chocobo Racing game for the PSX, but only one level is close to FFVII). The only game that never excited me substantially was Fort Condor - I'm just not that familliar with the whole C&C series...

What I really liked is that all of them were relovant in someway; That was cool, and the Gold Saucer isn't that removed from a plot either, becuase they are just video games in the area. I have yet to get past that damn afro guy...

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

Almost everything that takes place in the Shinra HQ scenario. Probably one of my favourite dungeons in any RPG.

Blog Entries

I liked the battle arena at the gold saucer. It is funny to me that they give you the special battles when you got the best stuff already. Don't you need Omnislash, Ultima Weapon, and W-Summon? anyways even at a high level you can be gimped out to the point the weapons look like level 1 enemies. All it really takes is accessory broken, all materia broken, and then mini.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I found the CPR thing to be very annoying. It fit into the plot well, but it wasn't fun.

I quite enjoyed the snowboarding and bike chase most. I always wanted to do well on the hologram boxing game at Gold Saucer, but nine times out of ten got beaten by the third guy.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Playing through right now, I honestly found most of the mini games to be tedious and not that fun. Though back in the day I'd probably enjoy chocobo breeding and racing.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

That damn boxing game in the Gold Saucer is so annoying! The first time I beat it no problem and since then I haven't been able to.

Hated them all, but did them 'cause I'm a nerd

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStorm View Post
    Hated them all, but did them 'cause I'm a nerd
    Thank you for your inpoot, I mean Input.
    I enjoy the bike game and chocobo racing
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen