Thread: Christina Aguilera arrested for intoxication

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Default So let me get this straight...

A woman of legal drinking age decided to go out and knock back a few with her boyfriend. She was responsible enough to decide not to drive after drinking heavily. The problem exactly is... what?
    Last edited by Ouch!; 03-03-2011 at 09:23 PM. Reason: No, really. I'm curious.

Well, if you're drunk in the car, if you're behind the wheel, you should definitely be arrested, but if you're in the passenger seat, you should still get a warning. Personally, though, I would have to say that it was better for her to not be in the car with him to begin with.
    Is that your final answer?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Default I think we should ask Raistlin about this...

Why should you get a warning for being drunk in the passenger's seat? As far as I was aware, being drunk is not illegal unless it's public drunkenness, and even then you have to be acting inappropriately to get a citation for that. Last I checked, the passenger seat of a car is not a public space.

Was the boyfriend driving drunk? Is that the problem? If that's the case, I suppose I understand getting arrested then. Your initial wording never suggested that he was driving, just that they were both drunk in a car.
    Last edited by Ouch!; 03-03-2011 at 10:00 PM. Reason: By the way, I still think SuperMillionaire needs to get hammered.

True, but it's still a good warning, though. It's not an official arrest.
    Last edited by SuperMillionaire; 03-03-2011 at 10:02 PM. Reason: I'd actually like to give Ouch some of his own pain, too.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Default At least she still has all her hair.

I'm still not sure why this warrants a big degree of concern.
    Last edited by Ouch!; 03-03-2011 at 10:12 PM. Reason: You forgot the exclamation point.

Because I really wish these kinds of things didn't happen so often. It's the greater sociology of Hollywood as a whole that I'm interested in, though.
    Last edited by SuperMillionaire; 03-03-2011 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Don't push me now!

I don't see how being a drunken passenger warrants any kind of warning. What are you going to warn them about? Not to get drunk? She's perfectly allowed to get drunk. And even if being a drunken passenger was an offence worthy of a citation, I don't see how that supposedly makes her worse than all the things Brittney did. And even if she did become worse than Brittney, we really shouldn't care much. We have our own lives to lead

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    Because I really wish these kinds of things didn't happen so often. It's the greater sociology of Hollywood as a whole that I'm interested in, though.
    You personally cannot stop these things from happening. Also, about the greater sociology of blah blah blah, I'd ask if you were for real but judging from the threads you've created, it'd be a silly question.