Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I wanna see your peacock-cock-cock!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default I wanna see your peacock-cock-cock!

I had a peacock once. Well I had two peacocks*.

I've also owned a Hedgehog*, his name was Sonic. This was in the 90's that he exisited too....

Have you ever had any unique animals? Is there any unique animals you want to own? Besides the traditional cat, dog, bird, goldfish, pony area.

*the pictures are not my animals just pictures of the animals

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I kind of hate you a little for your fail at hedgehog naming. When I posted pics of my hedgehog, do you know how many people were like "Did you name him Sonic, derp?" Jeez.

My non-standard pets of the past and glory:

My hedgehog, Hugo Deathroll

My giant hissing roach colony

Simon

River

And, because I can't find pictures of my rats, my cat Peaches

They're all dead. I just have goldfish right now.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Hey I was like four when I named Sonic. EWWW roaches! Also <3 ferrets. I want one but i think my doggies would want to eat it.

Blog Entries

Do large cats count as just cats? I wants me a tiger
    I used to have a 75 gallon Rift Lake Cichlid tank but they're all gone now

The only pets I have are my two bettas and the ghost shrimp who sit at the bottom and eat the left overs.

My ultimate life goal is to raise honey badgers:

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    My giant hissing roach colony

My family used to have muscovy ducks. Weird bastards. The adults are ugly, but the ducklings bawwww.

Now they have Highland Cattle. They're pretty much emo cows. Adorable through and through and so friendly.

Other than that, I can't think of anything else. Oh! Well, it wasn't exactly a pet as we didn't keep it captive and it came and went as it pleased, but we did have a raven who hung out with us for about half a year. He'd always hang around us when we were outside, watching us curiously. We'd feed him out of hand and he'd steal our teaspoons as thanks - we found some of his little treasure troves now and then where he had stored various shiny items.

The adults are ugly, but the ducklings bawwww.
    At what age do they grow the second face?

They're pretty much emo cows. Adorable through and through and so friendly.
    I don't know how to textualize a lispy moo but that is what these things sound like in my mind.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I had a goat too? His name was George.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

We used to raise peacocks too! We had a max total of 13, which makes for an interesting front yard scene. Especially when the attracted the wild turkeys for a while. They're noisy and poop on everything though.

We also had guineas (which are crazy violent and angry), and silky chickens. They have crazy Klingon head waddles and feathers that are basically just hair.

I had an iguana. I named her Lady Deathstrike because I was 14, a giant nerd, and the iguana had ginormous finger-claws.

They weren't really long term pets, but I've nursed back to health a bat, a flying squirrel, two normal squirrels, a barn owl, and a seagull. Those are weird enough.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I had a goat too? His name was George.
    Oh yeah, I had one when I was in preschool named Snowball.

Oh right, I do have pets. I have two rats who get into every god damn thing they can and cause me so much stress. The other day I accidently shut one of their heads in the door of the cage because she was trying to escape by jumping five feet onto a ledge.

(SPOILER)
    This one is not so much trouble most of the time. She is roughly half the size of her behemoth sister and hoards food instead of eating it. (Her sister finds the hoard and eats it for her)

(SPOILER)
    This god damn thing gets into everything. She is like a vacuum for food and trouble.

Pretty sure I've posted those pictures here before but they haven't really changed much. I think the second rat absorbed some of the first one's size somewhere down the road.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I didn't know that peacocks could fly and then one of them launched itself onto the 2nd floor landing of our hotel in Mexico and I had to run for my life.

I only have dogs, but they're special dogs. Charlie is an escape artist. We had to cut down all the trees near the wall in our backyard because he kept climbing them to freedom. After that, he learned how to climb other stuff: Charlie Escape on Vimeo

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I had a dog that did that! She'd climb the pen every time we put her up when we would leave. So one day we put her up and ran inside to watch from the window to see how she escaped and she'd straight up climb it!

I want an iguana but that's cause lizards are cool.

Blog Entries

we uh just trained our dogs to not leave the yard

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I grew up with a lot of chickens. They weren't really special, just plain ol' chickens. My dad made me take care of them. I hated it. Smelly dumb animals, after a while they got too old to lay eggs or be butchered so we just kinda kept them alive for the sake of it.

We had two ducks in the mix. One of them didn't last long. The other one lived from like, 1997 until just last year. Her name was Quackies. She was a cute little mallard.

My parents have a small garden pond at their house that houses some HUGE goldfish and has various frogs come and go during the warm months. I think the most I counted was like, 10 just chillin' by the pond one day. Cute! We also once had a bullfrog sit around our old pond that ate a bird. We know he ate a bird because he had feathers and the feet sticking out of his mouth. Wut.

Currently my parents just have my fat cat and sometimes on the weekends a little booger named Jacob.