Thread: help me out with barthandelus

Question help me out with barthandelus

ok, somebody tell me exacty how you are supposed to beat this thing. i do just fine until he uses destructo then we all die. i tried what the stradgy guide said but that didn't help any. so somebody help meh out here plz

yes, im wasting my teenage years playing final fantasy. no, that's a good thing.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Is that the attack that he sort of charges up for first? If so, you can weaken the attack significantly. First you may want to make sure everyone's health is high just to be safe (but don't take too long with that), then just hit him with Relentless Assault! Once you do enough damage he'll grunt, and that means you've weakened the attack. If the damage dealt is still too much, you may want to use a Sentinel.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonMartin View Post
    ok, somebody tell me exacty how you are supposed to beat this thing. i do just fine until he uses destructo then we all die. i tried what the stradgy guide said but that didn't help any. so somebody help meh out here plz
    I forget the name of the attack, it's been a few months (man, I have to get back into this game!), but are you referring to the one that causes instantaneous death to everyone (I guess it's not Barthandelus)?

If so, then you can buy accessories that make you immune to death -- equip as many as possible (each one gives a ~25% resistance to death; the maximum is 80%, which is plenty, especially applied to every character). I'm away on work, so I don't have the book with me to tell you the name of the accessory... In fact, the book tells you to equip them -- be sure to re-read that part at the end of the last chapter.

The method laid out by the previous poster works too... efficient and quick paradigm changes will do the trick against Barthandelus in just about any situation... when you go on the offensive, always hit as hard as you can. I don't think my strategy is exactly on par with the book, so it comes down to what you're comfortable with (concerning the paradigm deck I used).

Twirler of moustaches CactuarKing's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nebulance View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AstonMartin View Post
    I forget the name of the attack, it's been a few months (man, I have to get back into this game!), but are you referring to the one that causes instantaneous death to everyone (I guess it's not Barthandelus)?

If so, then you can buy accessories that make you immune to death -- equip as many as possible (each one gives a ~25% resistance to death; the maximum is 80%, which is plenty, especially applied to every character). I'm away on work, so I don't have the book with me to tell you the name of the accessory... In fact, the book tells you to equip them -- be sure to re-read that part at the end of the last chapter.

The method laid out by the previous poster works too... efficient and quick paradigm changes will do the trick against Barthandelus in just about any situation... when you go on the offensive, always hit as hard as you can. I don't think my strategy is exactly on par with the book, so it comes down to what you're comfortable with (concerning the paradigm deck I used).
    Very good concise response which nails it. The name of the accessory is cherubs crown which also upgrades to seraphs crown. Rapidity in paradigm shifts is the key. Upgrading weapons helps.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

you just gotta kick em straight in the nuts
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Something that I've found that helps tremendously is to switch to 2 sentinels and a medic a few seconds before the destructo spell is cast. It really does wonders for your hp.

My sig and avy are made by me.