Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Dance with Dragons

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ok maybe I've gone crazy, maybe I've become Serapy but I have a small theory of something which we may never know the answer to.

Jon's parentage, throughout the series so far we're led to believe he is Ned's bastard but thinking bout it, Ned went to war with Robert and came back with Jon but will not speak much about his birth or his mother as far as we're aware she was a wet nurse named Wylla.

However there was another possibility what I thought of: Robert Baratheon was meant to marry Ned's sister, Ned's sister never survived the war that made Robert King of the Seven Kingdoms. Considering he was never married to Ned's sister is it possible that Jon was really Robert and Ned's Sisters (sorry can't remember her name now) first born son and in effect the true heir to the Iron Throne (if you count Dany/Viserys out ofcourse) or have I gone crazy thoughts?

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jon Snow - A Wiki of Ice and Fire

You wouldn't be the only one who thinks Ned isn't the father or that Lyanna is the mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    Ok maybe I've gone crazy, maybe I've become Serapy but I have a small theory of something which we may never know the answer to.

Jon's parentage, throughout the series so far we're led to believe he is Ned's bastard but thinking bout it, Ned went to war with Robert and came back with Jon but will not speak much about his birth or his mother as far as we're aware she was a wet nurse named Wylla.

However there was another possibility what I thought of: Robert Baratheon was meant to marry Ned's sister, Ned's sister never survived the war that made Robert King of the Seven Kingdoms. Considering he was never married to Ned's sister is it possible that Jon was really Robert and Ned's Sisters (sorry can't remember her name now) first born son and in effect the true heir to the Iron Throne (if you count Dany/Viserys out ofcourse) or have I gone crazy thoughts?
    I'm honestly amazed you hadn't encountered the theory about Lyanna being Jon's mother before. It's actually more commonly held among fans than the cover story that Jon really is Ned's bastard. However, Rhaegar is usually theorised as his father, with the reasoning that if he were Rhaegar's son then Robert would probably want him dead; thus, hiding him as Ned's bastard would protect him from harm. It would also explain Ned's otherwise unexplained promise to Lyanna which he keeps dwelling upon. Lyanna and Rhaegar are generally accepted to have genuinely been in love, although this is not universally agreed upon either.

There's more explanation here
    Last edited by The Man; 04-19-2011 at 11:17 AM.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That is incredibly interesting. I need to hurry and catch up on this series.

Speaking of which, I'm very interested to know why Tyrion is connected to Sansa in that family tree you linked, Julian. Why in smurf's name did I click that?

Speaking of which, I'm very interested to know why Tyrion is connected to Sansa in that family tree you linked, Julian. Why in smurf's name did I click that?
    Don't spoil it for yourself like I did. Just read the books faster!

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Listen to Bunny. That and other things start to get really interesting. That's why this 6 year wait has me so angry.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian XIII View Post
    That is incredibly interesting. I need to hurry and catch up on this series.

Haha, oh noes. Just go read.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The words don't move fast enough argh!

Sadly, I think I already know. I can figure it out easily enough. Damn you Julian.

Blog Entries

Haha. It's a possible explanation for the lineage of Jon, why would you click? It should have been fairly clear there would be some chance of spoilers.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Because I don't care about spoiling the lineage of Jon. That's not much of a spoiler tbh, even I had thought of a few scenarios. How was I to know that (SPOILER)the imp getting to pork little Sansa later on in the series was somehow related to Jon's parentage?

(SPOILER)They never actually consummate their marriage. At least, they haven't yet, and various plot developments make it extremely unlikely that it will ever happen. No, one of them hasn't died yet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian XIII View Post
    Because I don't care about spoiling the lineage of Jon. That's not much of a spoiler tbh, even I had thought of a few scenarios. How was I to know that (SPOILER)the imp getting to pork little Sansa later on in the series was somehow related to Jon's parentage?
    Lulz. Sorry then, mate.

Blog Entries

He blogs on LiveJournal?

Yes.