Page 475 of 528 FirstFirst ... 375425455465469470471472473474475476477478479480481485495525 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,125 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Yeah, nevermind. The Wall's smurfed. That was my last hope.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Some have theorized about the significance of the Night King touching Bran's arm and leaving a mark.

Maybe there's some mystical barrier that gets broken when Bran crosses south of the wall, and it allows the undead access?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Wasn't that explicitly stated by old 3-eye?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    Speaking of teleportation:

Attachment 73698
    I think the thing about that is, where are the White Walkers actually going to go? They can't cross the wall as there's magic there that keeps them out.
    This raises a long standing question for me: will we find out what the WW are after and more importantly, does it matter? Or would you prefer them to just be a mysterious evil without agency aside from death?

I just find it funny that they literally took over Hardhome in 20 minutes traveling via literal weather but somehow are only now reaching near the Wall based on Bran's visions/warging, meanwhile Jon has literally traveled the entire north and part of the south. By now you'd assume the WW would be staring at the Wall, waiting for the next move.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Wasn't that explicitly stated by old 3-eye?
    No unless I'm really, really, mistaken.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Ok, I probably just inferred it or read it in this thread.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Too lazy to edit.

This raises a long standing question for me: will we find out what the WW are after and more importantly, does it matter? Or would you prefer them to just be a mysterious evil without agency aside from death?

I just find it funny that they literally took over Hardhome in 20 minutes traveling via literal weather but somehow are only now reaching near the Wall based on Bran's visions/warging, meanwhile Jon has literally traveled the entire north and part of the south. By now you'd assume the WW would be staring at the Wall, waiting for the next move.
    I think the WW are just the undead. I'm not sure we'll find out they are anything else. The Night King seems to be the key as he seems like a sentient being controlling the WW like a hivemind. To my knowledge we have not seen any other 'intelligent' WW other than NK. He obviously has an origin and a purpose though and I hope we find out what that is.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Too lazy to edit.

I think the WW are just the undead. I'm not sure we'll find out they are anything else. The Night King seems to be the key as he seems like a sentient being controlling the WW like a hivemind. To my knowledge we have not seen any other 'intelligent' WW other than NK. He obviously has an origin and a purpose though and I hope we find out what that is.
    Hopefully it's not just revenge on Children of the Forest. But we've seen his origin: he was a man, and the CotF put dragonglass in his heart and turned him into a WW to fight the First Men. The Children literally created their worst enemy.

gg children
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Are there even any children of the forest left? Was unclear about it after what went down in the 3 eyed's cave.

Take care all.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Speaking of teleportation:

Attachment 73698
    I think the thing about that is, where are the White Walkers actually going to go? They can't cross the wall as there's magic there that keeps them out.

If you think about it further, the closest they've been to the Wall was in the very first episode!

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i cant find the vid on youtube. so a link will have to do..
    Jon Snow the dragon!

https://www.facebook.com/9gag/videos/10155942233551840/

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

This scene of Jon killing an undead at the wall a few seasons back is significant for 2 reasons.

1. Sure he doesn't have the same crispy blue look of the walkers, but I was under the impression that the dead can't enter the wall period. Unless they die there, then they can turn maybe? But then why didn't Jon turn?

2. They make a point to show that Jon burned his hand on that lantern. It's only a big deal for me because my favorite Targaryen reveal for me would be if a dragon accidentally (or not) lights him up later and he just appears naked afterward. The show will probably just reserve that heat resistance for Dany, but it's something I would find cool.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah I think it's only Dany who has that, and they've shown that since episode one. Viserys wasn't very heat proof

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Feel like this is an unpopular opinion but what a diabolical episode. Just downright awful story telling. Without the books GoT is sinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
    Feel like this is an unpopular opinion but what a diabolical episode. Just downright awful story telling. Without the books GoT is sinking.
    It definitely felt like everything sort of fell into place very easily. The condensed nature of the shoe now has everything happening at warp speed to get us to the end game, logic be damned.

Who knew Gendry was a wilderness sprinter?