Page 201 of 528 FirstFirst ... 101151181191195196197198199200201202203204205206207211221251301 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

You asshats need to start putting what book your spoiler is for when tagging a book spoiler, for goodness sake. I had to learn to use the report button because of this thread. It was traumatic!

Loved the episode. I was waiting for that Arya scene for so long. BJ insists she was too calm, but I think that's kind of the point--Arya becomes so quickly comfortable with killing.

I love every single character.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    ive already heard enough spoilers from my boyfriends brother :l
    luckely i forgot half of them.
    i really hate him for it.

me and my bf were discussing game of thrones somewhere around season 2 when he walked in.
    and he was like: '' how far is game of thrones? did he and he already die? and what about her? did she already die?''
    he has read the books but he doesnt watch the show..
    i wanted to slap him real bad
    i am currently reading the books, but i will not go any further then the tv-show will go.
    i have witnessedthat readingthe books first will ruin the show, like it did with harry potter!
    You really should've slapped him. WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    It must be in the genes. I see her going the same way as her father if she keeps it up. I already had warning signs go off when I heard, "They have a choice; they can live in my new world or die in their old one." Yeah, 'cause that's a choice.
    Yep, same here. Like her father and brother she will probably become bat trout insane.
    Her brother didn't become insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctis Caelum View Post
    Hahahaha. I'm shocked anybody hates her to be honest. I thought I was the only one. I'm sick of her being promoted as one of the lead characters in this series. It's ONLY because the actress is beautiful, I swear.
    She has the dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    The other sword was Arya's.
    Oo, I didn't think of that. They twisted on us!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    After season 3's ending, I'm actually excited to see what comes next with Dany. Yeah, I SAID IT.

I'm just a little annoyed that I've gotten so much trout for not liking Dany (not just Emilia Clarke, but her character/storyline as well) and I got so much trout for it. And now everyone in this thread is all "Eh, she's boring now, I don't like her." It's dumb.
    Don't worry, I'll still give you plenty of trout for not liking Dany.

Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

so everybody starts hating danny becaus she didnt had a spectaculair start in this season? thats smurfed up
    Last edited by Shaibana; 04-08-2014 at 11:18 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't think she's boring either and I still have my Go Dany T-Shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    After season 3's ending, I'm actually excited to see what comes next with Dany. Yeah, I SAID IT.
    I got a cold shiver down my spine for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I still don't understand the Dany hate. In fact I look forward to her scenes.
    I understand the dislike/hatred of Dany around this time in the show/book but not from the very beginning. (SPOILER)She has very few interesting parts and most of it is just a girl trying to play at being a queen, rather than character development on par with certain other characters. I still enjoy her character both in the show and book, but I can understand where people come from with the hatred.

The episode was overall very good for an opener and the last scene was pretty flawless. When they first announced it, I didn't really get how they were going to bring the show to a close in 2017 but with the mash-ups happening from ACOK, ASOS and AFFC, I guess it makes a certain amount of sense.
    I loved Daenerys in Season 1. At first she was timid, shy, and uncertain. And after being gifted with three dragon eggs, a massive army and the sexiest man in history, the power started to go to her head. But it's undeniable that in the first season she had some powerful character development. Perhaps the best development of any other character in that one season. It's not the same now though. Everybody else keeps ascending in development. Dany is playing a game with slaves. Trying to learn how to rule. And that's supposed to be interesting, but she is horrible at ruling. Fact is, she hasn't made any good decisions at all. Continues to make mistake after mistake.

And oh, she killed Khal Drogo. Twice. Seriously, screw her. But I love Ser Jorah as much as everybody else. He's just not enough to have me tolerate Dany's bulltrout. She's just a joke. To take from Season 2, in the very first episode she said "NO ONE WILL TAKE MY DRAGONS!!!!" And what happens? Exactly that. She can't do anything right, I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    so everybody starts hating danny becaus she didnt had a spectaculair start in this season? thats smurfed up
    Don't be silly and think people don't like her because the start of the season has been slow. I've been waiting 3 years for her to do something, but I'm continuously disappointed. And since I'm concurrent with the books, I know what happens with her, so that absolutely plays a part with how I feel about her. Not because this season hasn't been exciting for her. :/ Dany chapters in ADWD are about as entertaining as Catelyn chapters.
    Last edited by Noctis Caelum; 04-08-2014 at 01:22 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I liked her a lot in season one as well. That ending...my god. It was amazing. I was rooting for her so hard. But then she...kind of just wanders around.

I will say, she freed all those slaves. That's not doing NOTHING. If/when she buggers off to Westeros, she's going to have a lot of people who love her and are willing to die for her, even if they're not soldiers. So that's something to consider.

EDIT: I just want to say, after the ending of season 3, I have more positive feelings towards her. I just wish Emilia Clarke had more than one I AM BEING SERIOUS STRONG AND POWERFUL RIGHT NOW voice. There's more than one way to deliver a line in a serious way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Book Dany is the worst. Season/Book one she is of course fantastic. In Season Two they had to make up some jibber jabber about her dragons being stolen because otherwise bugger all happened. Incidentally in the books, and I was not best pleased they left it out and I'm glad I can mention it now, she actually sees a foretelling of the Red Wedding in that tower. Not that it meant anything to her (or indeed the readers unless they were re-reading!) but I thought it was an awesome detail and they should've put it in. Season Three Dany was pretty decent though.

She's just such a frustrating character. STOP ARSING ABOUT IN GOD KNOWS WHERE AND START KICKING BUTT IN WESTEROS WITH DRAGONS GOD DAMNIT

Articles
    Blog Entries

George seems to enjoy dragging things out for as long as he possibly can, and then drag things out even further. It makes me wonder if he ever wrote for soaps on TV.

Blog Entries

but she need MORE ARMY
    and the dragons are not big enough!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

If Theon, of all people, was able to capture Winterfell with just 12 men... 12,000 unsullied should be enough!

Blog Entries

yeah, but its not only Winterfell she wants.. she wants it all!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ahahaha The Hound is the new spokesperson for KFC xDD

Articles
    Blog Entries

I thought it was 8,000 unsullied. Still a large amount but I have no idea how big the opposing armies are, though the dragons could take care of the rest once grown. Though if there's one thing the series has proven, you can never lose a single battle and still lose the war.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

8000 unsullied.
    4000 more who were training to be unsullied she took.
    2000 second sons.
    Freed slaves.

There were less than 8000 Lannister men fighting at the Battle for King's Landing.

I agree with everyone else. Season 1 she was one of the best. Now there's just no development and she's boring.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I can see the argument that she's boring. I don't think she is, but I understand why people might think that. But I will never understand those who actively dislike her. It doesn't compute for me.