Page 242 of 528 FirstFirst ... 142192222232236237238239240241242243244245246247248252262292342 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I hope one day that Sansa finds out that Littlefinger screwed over Ned, causing his death and ultimately caused a war between the Starks & Lannisters, also resulting in the death of her mother and brother.

And then I hope she gets some awesome revenge.

But not yet, she needs to learn the tricks of the trade from Littlefinger, first.

Good episode. Desperate to see the trial by combat.

Does anybody know why it's two weeks until the next episode?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Memorial Day holiday maybe?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

There's no episode this week cause of memorial day.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I know I'm going to be disagreed with here, but I felt like the scene between Tyrion and Oberyn in the dungeon was more powerful than Tyrion's speech in the Keep.

Good episode. I figured Lysa flying would happen soon, but I was so smurfing looking forward to the trial by combat, I've been looking forward to it all season and now we have to wait another two weeks

Pretty surprised that they showed a sensitive side to The Hound. Whenever the show strays from the books, I just keep in mind what Bunny said about the show characters being in a parallel universe than the book characters, and I remember what's been done with The Walking Dead and that the show was ultimately better than the comic book story and to just go along with it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I actually agree with you. When Oberyn was talking I almost felt the need to throw my fist in the air.

Oberyn had the best acting by far in that final scene. The way he portrayed his indifference to Tyrion's "affliction" was so human. You can see the water filling in his eyes as he speaks. Then when he says "what about what I want?" was just so freakin raw, man. Tyrion's reaction when he finally hears the words "I will be your champion" just bursts with emotion, too. Like he'd just been proposed to and had this array of emotions from happiness, relief, surprise, gratitude. I cheered. Not as much as Lysa being Littlefinger'd tho.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Agreed, Shorty! I thought the trial scene was great, of course, but not the special scene everyone is saying it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

I agree, I was very moved by the scene with Oberyn and Tyrion. I thought it was just as good, probably even better than Tyrion's court scene.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Articles
    Blog Entries

Tyrion's speech felt a little forced to me. Oberyn's came across a lot more natural.

He's probably got a sore throat, or his cat jumped on his throat loads during the night.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I still feel Tyrion's was better, but that's mostly because I felt that Tyrion was being an idiot for not realising the obvious thing that was going to be said the entire time. As soon as The Mountain was revealed as one part of the fight, Danielle instantly said "Oh, Oberyn has it in for him" and I'm sure it was Tyrion he was talking to in depth about this very thing when they first met in the city before the wedding. So for the forever clever Tyrion to be oblivious as to why Oberyn would be walking in there uninvited was beyond me. I suppose it made for good reading or something but surely Tyrion would have been aware of this possibility from the moment Oberyn started talking about it all?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    There's no episode this week cause of memorial day.
    thats stupid :l

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I could see Tyrion not really catch on just because at that point, pretty much everyone had abandoned him. Even Bronn, the one person he thought he could count on as his champion, wouldn't fight for him. Then comes Oberyn who has made it known that he hates all Lannisters. Normally Tyrion probably would have put two and two together, but in the state he was in at that moment he probably just assumed Oberyn came with more bad news.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yep, going to have to agree with Scotty on this. After you have hope your friends and family are going to pull through for you and they don't, after it being apparent that the entire city has zero faith or love for you, why would Tyrion assume that this stranger from another land would stand up to champion on his behalf? It's obvious to us as viewers, but I think that saying Tyrion should have known what Oberyn intended is taking credit from his character and situation.

On top of that, Oberyn has made it pretty clear that he has no interest in the personal squabbles of everyone else. Why would Tyrion hope that he would be defended by Oberyn when the man is apathetic toward his defense at best?

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oberyn will only fight for his own personal gain.
    either way, for oberyn it will be a win win situation (sort of)
    if he wins the Mountain will die and if he dies, he will take a lannister with him