Page 243 of 528 FirstFirst ... 143193223233237238239240241242243244245246247248249253263293343 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Vote Little Finger for ruler of the world.

(SPOILER)
    Last edited by Shorty; 05-22-2014 at 07:13 PM. Reason: I added a spoiler to this because I keep scrolling past it at work and don't want others to think I am looking at lewd photos

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

no ..no ...no ...no. i dont trust him
    its either going to be Ser pounce or Podrik payne

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I shared this on my blog page and twitter

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well I didn't see those!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    There's no episode this week cause of memorial day.
    thats stupid :l
    I agree whole heartedly with this.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

No. Because season 2 they had blackwater air during memorial weekend.

Record lows for an episode.

Battle of blackwater and people didn't watch.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Makes sense I guess, since often people are away with families and out of town and stuff.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Yep, going to have to agree with Scotty on this. After you have hope your friends and family are going to pull through for you and they don't, after it being apparent that the entire city has zero faith or love for you, why would Tyrion assume that this stranger from another land would stand up to champion on his behalf? It's obvious to us as viewers, but I think that saying Tyrion should have known what Oberyn intended is taking credit from his character and situation.

On top of that, Oberyn has made it pretty clear that he has no interest in the personal squabbles of everyone else. Why would Tyrion hope that he would be defended by Oberyn when the man is apathetic toward his defense at best?
    Because he knows Oberyn is just looking for the first excuse (let alone chance) to kill The Mountain. *shrug* If it was the first thought of Danielle and my second thought (my first thought was the Hound and Arya being too far away and how annoying that was) after knowing the enemy was The Mountain, I guess I just figure that if everyone I knew had abandoned me, I would be desperately looking for every damned option to save my life. I get how it's feasable that it all happened and can be explained without problem, but it still for me made it annoying storytelling because in my head, it "broke character" for Tyrion to be that way.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ah, I respectfully disagree. Knowing that everyone is out for you, that your sister, the Queen, one of the most powerful women in the kingdom has her claws around your throat, knowing that your father - the most important person in the realm beside the king - relishes in this notion with glee, knowing that your brother is going to sit idly by while it happens, knowing that your (arguably) best friend has said, "nah bro, it suits me better to not," knowing that people you depended on and had good faith with testified against you, and worst of all to me, knowing that the woman you had come to trust and love has utterly betrayed you in front of an entire court, and knowing all this while rotting in a darkened dungeon for weeks would leave me in very little faith.

This coupled with the fact that with Oberyn's tale, it is confirmed that Tyrion has indeed been despised by most around him since the birth of his very existence and that he's been publicly humiliated, sought after by murderers and viciously disfigured (moreso in the book), kiddnapped, jailed, falsely accused before - well, all of that would leave me utterly hopeless.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Tyrion broke character because Tyrion is broken. As Sarah outlines in the post above this one, he's been kicked around endlessly and every last ally has left him. Cersei has turned the world against him and Tywin has happily supported this. Jaime can't fight for him and Bronn won't. Varys testified against him, Shae testified against him, probably the only friend he has left in the world is Pod, and Tyrion has no idea if Pod is even still alive.

I'm sure Tyrion would like to think Oberyn was there to volunteer, but Oberyn hates Lannisters, why would he be there to do that instead of just gloating?

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin' View Post
    Oberyn had the best acting by far in that final scene. The way he portrayed his indifference to Tyrion's "affliction" was so human. You can see the water filling in his eyes as he speaks. Then when he says "what about what I want?" was just so freakin raw, man. Tyrion's reaction when he finally hears the words "I will be your champion" just bursts with emotion, too. Like he'd just been proposed to and had this array of emotions from happiness, relief, surprise, gratitude. I cheered. Not as much as Lysa being Littlefinger'd tho.
    This, this exactly. Amazing acting from both gentlemen. I also really enjoyed listening to The Hound's story. It made him seem much more human. You could see it in his face that he had a moment of vulnerability.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Whatever happened to Edmure Tully? Was he killed or is Frey holding him captive?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

The latter. He did marry his daughter, after all, and their children - being Tullys - should be heirs to the riverlands. Well, if not for Littlefinger I suppose.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The thought of "what if Pod stayed behind" kind of amuses me in this scenario. I just think it would be pretty awesome had Pod volunteered as Tyrion's champion and just obliterated The Mountain, leaving everyone shocked. I know that wouldn't make any sense though.