Page 252 of 528 FirstFirst ... 152202232242246247248249250251252253254255256257258262272302352 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Yeah I think Oberyn - and indeed Renly - are characters that died far too soon.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Interesting thing is we aren't even at the traditional 'climax' episode, Episode Nine. We've had Baelor, Blackwater, Rains of Castamere, and now The Watchers on the Wall.

I'd buckle up - this season hasn't even reached the crescendo yet.
    If you put the pieces together the climax of this season will not be something any of us will enjoy. I hope to be proven wrong though!
    True enough, but GRRM is noted for usually concealing a piece, is he not? Example: Littlefinger stealing away with Sansa. His absence went un-noted until he resurfaced to carry her off to The Vale.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

To be fair, Oberyn is kind of lame in the books. I didn't care about him at all. In the show he's AWESOME.

Also, I second Del: the only reason I keep watching this show is because I enjoy talking about it with others. SO many people watch the show these days. It's gotten really bad, and basically everything Red Pill has said is spot on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    I had no problem with the violence in this episode. I'm just having problems with the show in general. I'll probably get ripped apart for this, but I just don't think it's a very good show anymore. The first two seasons were excellent, three was decent, but now I think it's sloppy and mostly boring.
    I stopped reading there.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder
    If you put the pieces together the climax of this season will not be something any of us will enjoy. I hope to be proven wrong though!
    True enough, but GRRM is noted for usually concealing a piece, is he not? Example: Littlefinger stealing away with Sansa. His absence went un-noted until he resurfaced to carry her off to The Vale.
    Sweet. Can't wait for Shagga of the Stone Crows to come and save Tyrion from the headsman.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Also, I second Del: the only reason I keep watching this show is because I enjoy talking about it with others. SO many people watch the show these days. It's gotten really bad, and basically everything Red Pill has said is spot on.
    It's not that bad. It's at least 70% awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis Caelum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    I had no problem with the violence in this episode. I'm just having problems with the show in general. I'll probably get ripped apart for this, but I just don't think it's a very good show anymore. The first two seasons were excellent, three was decent, but now I think it's sloppy and mostly boring.
    I stopped reading there.
    Wonderful contribution to the thread. I expect that I will be pondering your argument for days. Well thought out, articulately presented...are you at Harvard Law by chance? Because this is the absolute pinnacle of rational discourse.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Can we get a recap of prominent folks who have died in this season?

Also, forgot to mention - I am interested to see what plans the Boltons have for the North. Speculation: I have a feeling Ramsay will end up murdering his father for some personal benefit because I can't see him being capable of any love or honor toward anyone other than himself. Now that Roose has given him a document sealing his name change to the Bolton house and essentially naming him heir and handing the North to Ramsay, there is really no reason for Roose to remain alive.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't know about that, Ramsay has shown definite deference to his father. He seemed legit touched to be made a Bolton. I think he's just insane rather than coniving.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Can we get a recap of prominent folks who have died in this season?
    Off the top of my head, you have

- King Joffrey Baratheon
    - Ser Dontos Hollard (the guy who helped Sansa out)
    - The many great masters of Mereen
    - The mutineers at Craster's Keep
    - Lysa Arryn
    - Prince Oberyn Martell

In terms of very major deaths, you're basically looking at Joffrey, Lysa and Oberyn.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Joffrey and Oberyn are the big ones. The Mountain too, though he's less important and I couldn't actually tell if he was dead or merely exhausted at the end of the fight. Mountain spoilersYes I know he's poisoned and probably becomes Robert Strong and all but w/e. I actually can't think of anyone else major though. e; oh hurr right Lysa Arryn.

Keith if your only contribution is "this is a bad show" because you dislike some of the storylines or characters the only argument anyone can offer in return is "no it's a good show". Like yeah the show doesn't hit the mark every time, I'm not all that jazzed about the Sam and Gilly stuff for example, and it's got such a huge scope that inevitably some storylines have to take backseat at times (like uh aren't we meant to be seeing Stannis at the wall a few weeks ago?). But if you just plain dislike large segments of it, what value is there in trying to convince you otherwise? You thought the beetle speech was banal and trying too hard: I thought it was excellent and powerful and held a huge amount of symbolic importance for the show. There's no way to resolve that difference, I'm unlikely to convince you it's great and you're unlikely to convince me it's bad.

So the only thing to do is scorn each other for bad taste.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I like watching the characters and how they interact. In that sense I watch this show for the same reason I watched (SPOILER)My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I partially agree with Red Pill's critique. Season 1 and 2 were pretty good. This season feels like filler. Every time I see Hound & Arya, or Dany they're doing the same boring trout. The only thing of interest to me this entire season has been what's going on with the Lannisters and Littlefinger's weird trout. It sucks because while this season is full of filler, it has some of the best moments in the last minutes of the show. I would say all in all after this season is done, it will have the most "omg" moments of any season thus far.

The ending reminded me of the time I dropped a water melon in the fruit aisle, chunks everywhere. Sansa's transformation into Edea was a shock at the end that could get very interesting if she's found her dark side (like Arya). I'm now wondering whether Arya and Hound make progress through the gate. A very grim episode for the good guys last night.
    Ride ze shoopuff

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Adequate View Post
    Joffrey and Oberyn are the big ones... I actually can't think of anyone else major though. e; oh hurr right Lysa Arryn.
    I'd say Lysa Arryn is pretty important - her death has markedly impacted both Sansa's and Littlefinger's storylines. Just because it's way up in the Eyrie (which is still conspicuously absent from the title sequence) doesn't mean it's not important.