Page 254 of 528 FirstFirst ... 154204234244248249250251252253254255256257258259260264274304354 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

She has a heart, she loved him.

He betrayed her.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    I can't be the only one who was not bothered by the gore of this last episode x_x
    Can't say I was expecting his head to explode, but the gore didn't bother me.

I have to agree the beetle scene was trying too hard, though. If it was just the writers saying Westeros was unfair you get the same result from Tyrion saying, "If you want justice you came to the wrong place."

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah Sansa just revealed that she is a high-grade player of the game and is just about done smurfing around with pretending to be meek and helpless. She ain't no basic bitch. And god damn that outfit she had at the end.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Daniel, you seriously went and spoiled it for yourself? Why not just wait! gah you guys kill me

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    This series needs pleasant surprises to go with the bad, and I feel the balance has been quite off this season... maybe it's just me. Ah well.
    Hopefully it's just you Bob. For some reason some people have this strange notion that a work of art has to make you feel good to be good. That's silly. If it made you feel at all then it did it's job. Happy endings have their place, but having them in all of the media someone consumes is for children and those with fragile dispositions.

And gore ain't nothing to be afraid of. The bloodier the better I always say.

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Can we get a recap of prominent folks who have died in this season?
    Off the top of my head, you have

- King Joffrey Baratheon
    - Ser Dontos Hollard (the guy who helped Sansa out)
    - The many great masters of Mereen
    - The mutineers at Craster's Keep
    - Lysa Arryn
    - Prince Oberyn Martell

In terms of very major deaths, you're basically looking at Joffrey, Lysa and Oberyn.
    You forgot about Karl. He was a fookin' legend m8.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Adequate View Post
    Yeah Sansa just revealed that she is a high-grade player of the game and is just about done smurfing around with pretending to be meek and helpless. She ain't no basic bitch. And god damn that outfit she had at the end.
    Considering how little I cared for her in the early seasons, she may be my favourite character at the moment, the one I'm rooting for the most. Oddly I'm finding myself rooting for Theon a bit now too, despite hating him earlier in the series. Funny how if you treat someone bad enough then you hope the best for them in the end despite how bad they were beforehand. I guess similar things happened with Jaime although I personally took a lot longer to come around to him than most did. I liked him most as a dicky bad guy, I disliked his good turn when everyone was all "aww Jaime pity pity pity" but like him now that he's his own man again instead of Mr. Sympathy.

Fave characters at present...
    1. Sansa. Deserves a fantastic turn and hopefully this is the start of it. Also? Smokin' hot, it turns out.
    2. Davos. The closest to Ned as you'll get from the remaining cast.
    3. Bronn. Just so laid back about everything, I love him.
    4. The Hound. Hilarious in general.
    5. Margaery. Smooth'n'interesting.
    6. Hodor. Hodor.
    7. Olenna. Wittiest character in the game.
    8. Tyrion. The People's Champion (on Earth).
    9. Tormund. Just really like him. Dunno quite why. He's not that interesting plot-wise really. Just really interested in seeing how his story plays out...
    10. Varys. Knocked down considerably after betraying Tyrion. Hopefully has a half decent reason...
    Special mentions: Grenn & Eddison

Least favourite characters at present...
    1. Baelish. Still doing creepy stares? Okay then.
    2. Pycelle. WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO DO SOMETHING? I SAW YOU IN THAT ONE SCENE YOU FAKER. NOW WHEEEEN???
    3. Bran. You bore me so you must be pretty awesome a season or two down the line!
    4. Tommen. The Boring King.
    5. Robin. But I suspect I'll like him soon? I guess? Because he's about to become more than what he was before? I dunno.
    6. Sam. He's getting annoying now.
    7. Gilly. So's she. She's like the new Sansa-of-old.
    8. Styr. Compared to the other characters in this series, he's kind of cliché.
    9. Daario. *shrug* Just don't get the appeal.
    10. Pod. Pod, I loved you. Why have you turned to this list? Here's hoping for development.
    Special mentions: Daenerys. Just a bit ho-hum right now, really.

Most liked disliked characters (you gotta have 'em).
    1. Tywin, you brilliant prick.
    2. Clegane, I hate you so much right now and the only thing that makes me like you is that so many people want to kill you and it makes me really excited to see how your life plays out now that the entire of Earth wants you dead too.
    3. Ramsay, god damn, you're bloody nuts.
    4. Cersei, ;aighda;ihagiohea;gihasd Epitime of the word 'bitch'.
    5. Joffrey, why the hell do I miss you oh my God.
    Special mention: Alliser Thorne. Dick.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I really hope Tyrion dies soon so Sansa will be a free woman and can marry Baelish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Daniel, you seriously went and spoiled it for yourself? Why not just wait! gah you guys kill me
    Because I get feels from TV. And I don't like feeling like trout. And I really felt just trout after that episode. It wasn't an "OH MY GOD!" thing like Red Wedding or anything. It wasn't "Awwww " or anything like that. It was more "Oh, for smurf's sake, here we go again."

Vivi22: I love unhappy endings in a lot of things. Mad City is one of my favourite movies that can be used as an example of this. It left me so sad, but I don't mind feeling sad or shocked. It's the feeling of having someone swing a baseball bat into your face for the fifth or so time that makes me go "Okay, that's it. You know what? No. You're a dick. That is a dick thing to do. Stop being a dick." Essentially the moment that it stops feeling like I'm reacting to the plot and starts feeling like I'm reacting to the writing... that's when the bad things become unbalanced for me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I really hope Tyrion dies soon so Sansa will be a free woman and can marry Baelish.
    I hope a certain individual kills Baelish.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Exercise some smurfing self-restraint, jesus xD What do you think they are building to in the finale? A likely awesome moment, as finales usually go!

or, you know, rob yourself of a probably awesome televised moment, do as you wish xD I don't watch trailers or read future episode descriptions or watch "coming up on game of thrones" because I want to be totally and completely surprised and can't imagine wanting otherwise.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yeah, but you just watched this and you seem pretty excited. I get miffed, I get upset, I get annoyed. I don't want to feel that way, so I spoiled something for myself and I don't mind. It's not like everyone who has read the books hasn't done the same thing because they wanted to find out what happens next.

But yeah, you and I just clearly enjoy different things in this regard, or react to the endings differently or something. Self restraint would have just left me feeling crap all evening. Hell, I still feel a fair bit crap about it all.

If the thing I spoiled for myself is the "big moment" then it's a really poor one, so I don't think I've ruined much for myself. Also, I have spoiled some pretty massive things in the show accidentally before (well, had people spoil them for me) and I still enjoyed those moments immensely. I don't have to worry about a lack of shock with Game of Thrones.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I feel it's different with the books. It's a different journey altogether, and knowing what comes from them is not the same as reading a wiki page to spoil what comes next in future episodes for yourself.

I'm excited because a tv show can't leave me feeling like trout for more than ten minutes later, if at all xD

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I just watches Ayra's laughing scene, and sorry. Not that good. Not Maisie's finest acting moment (and I'm generally a fan of her, even though I don't like Arya).
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Ah, yeah, I'm different. I can get a real boon or a real downer over stuff like this. To be fair, it's a sign of a good show that can manage to affect someone in such a way (although movies do it better for me) but this particular moment is the first time in the entire series that I've just seen it as a "Haha smurf you guys" moment from the writer. It was also the way that I could see it coming from the moment he said "Ah, no, I want you to say it, you can't die yet" and I just shook my head in repulsion. Everything from that moment was painfully obvious. I mean, I could see it happening from the moment he was even asking him to confess first. But at the point he said he can't die before he says it when the Mountain was on the ground, I could almost have walked out of the room. What was the point of it all? Guy comes in, is awesome, dies not achieving a single thing he hoped to, story carries on in pretty much exactly the same way it was beforehand, but manages to extend it for shock and "omg haha we killed someone cool" value.

Jinx: I felt Arya's scene was pretty funny if only because of the moment she starts laughing, not because of Arya, but because of the combination of Arya and the Hound's faces. It was hilarious. I don't mind if other people are all focused on the acting, humour is something that GoT thankfully often gets done well.