Page 258 of 528 FirstFirst ... 158208238248252253254255256257258259260261262263264268278308358 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I was off by two.

Source

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think it's 7 seasons total. So they may be caught up with the books as soon as next season!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

George better get to writing. His very own winter is coming.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's anticipated that he is years away from finishing Winds of Winter and that the show will likely end before the books are finished.

Blog Entries

Hopefulyl Arya doesnt stay in the Vale because I get the feeling if you put her and Robin Arryn in the same room together trout is going to hit the fan
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

It's my understanding that he has an entourage at HBO that he tells all his ideas for the future to in case he dies before he finishes the books, somebody will be able to carry on his intended legacy, if only by show. Though they may very well ghost write the books for him as well at that point. But the series itself is safe at least

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Gurm's told Benioff and Weiss the outlines of the whole plot in case he really does kick the bucket before he finishes the series so show-only people, at least, shouldn't worry too much.

:monster:

I will be very surprised if they wrap the show up in fewer than eight seasons. I won't be surprised to see them pass GRRM's writing pace though.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Do they have all the main players signed through season 8?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

The Old Skool Warrior LocoColt04's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Crysanthe Mariveaux (Ultros)

Depends on whether they know which characters live or die. I mean, I know HBO has the outline (hence that AWESOME whitewalker baby sequence that wasn't in the books yet), but I dunno if they have that much detail.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Ah, yeah, I'm different. I can get a real boon or a real downer over stuff like this. To be fair, it's a sign of a good show that can manage to affect someone in such a way (although movies do it better for me) but this particular moment is the first time in the entire series that I've just seen it as a "Haha smurf you guys" moment from the writer. It was also the way that I could see it coming from the moment he said "Ah, no, I want you to say it, you can't die yet" and I just shook my head in repulsion. Everything from that moment was painfully obvious. I mean, I could see it happening from the moment he was even asking him to confess first. But at the point he said he can't die before he says it when the Mountain was on the ground, I could almost have walked out of the room. What was the point of it all? Guy comes in, is awesome, dies not achieving a single thing he hoped to, story carries on in pretty much exactly the same way it was beforehand, but manages to extend it for shock and "omg haha we killed someone cool" value.
    Sometimes stories are just shaggy dog stories and end up in the same place they started.

Still I would wager someone's going to be pretty pissed about Oberyn's death and all that. Given how this show works I'd be leery of saying Oberyn's death has no consequences quite yet I mean Ned Stark died right at the end of an episode and the consequences of that are still being played out three full seasons later.

e; Given how much acclaim the show gets I'd be surprised if any major characters' actors walked away at this point. I mean yeah The Mountain's on his third actor now but that's because one guy wasn't working out and the other got offered a much bigger role, he couldn't really stick around from Season 1 until Season 4 when he actually shows up again and is important. A show like this makes reputations and gives people huge prestige.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LocoColt04 View Post
    Depends on whether they know which characters live or die. I mean, I know HBO has the outline (hence that AWESOME whitewalker baby sequence that wasn't in the books yet), but I dunno if they have that much detail.
    I don't think knowing who lives or dies would phase them much. They already killed off characters who are still alive in the books just to make room.

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    I don't think knowing who lives or dies would phase them much. They already killed off characters who are still alive in the books just to make room.
    Well this interesting. Care to elaborate in a spoiler? I'm intrigued. Elaborating on people's story arcs that didn't exist in the book makes sense. But I was under the assumption the people who've died, have mostly done so because they did in the books

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Well this interesting. Care to elaborate in a spoiler? I'm intrigued. Elaborating on people's story arcs that didn't exist in the book makes sense. But I was under the assumption the people who've died, have mostly done so because they did in the books
    The only one I know for certain is (SPOILER)Daenerys's handmaiden Irri who was killed off in season 2 is still alive in book 5. I didn't find out about it until I saw a panel where George was talking about characters who died that are still in his books.

Sorry I wouldn't trust HBO with finishing game of thrones without GRRM's personal writing style used as a source. Having an outline is one thing, making a story out of it is another.