Page 320 of 528 FirstFirst ... 220270300310314315316317318319320321322323324325326330340370420 ... LastLast
Results 4,786 to 4,800 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

You totally saw me share that to jinx on fb xD

I love those recaps, they do them every week.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    If we're choosing between Ramsay and Shireen I think it's more likely they kill off Shireen, because everyone loves her and GoT is basically the reason why we can't have nice things.
    I was thinking Stannis or Roose, or they impale each other and both die.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    thehehe funny!!

http://imgur.com/a/umg5H
    That whole recap is golden but this made me burst out laughing because it's such an accurate summary:

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    You totally saw me share that to jinx on fb xD

I love those recaps, they do them every week.

My apologies :o :P i wasnt sure if you were an EoFF'er or not..
    i shall adjust my post :P

Articles
    Blog Entries

The Viserys shout out and writers joke killed me.

Articles

Also, can I just say how much I appreciate Gilly's acting? I never really thought about it until this episode but she's perfect for the role.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The best:

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzo Panza View Post
    Also, can I just say how much I appreciate Gilly's acting? I never really thought about it until this episode but she's perfect for the role.
    I concur. Not saying I'm cooler than you, but I noticed it a long time ago. Like 2 or 3 episodes ago. But good job catching up.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I just want to say that it was really cool to see Valyria. Even if it was for a very brief moment, and at the very edge of it.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I liked this episode. With no King's Landing or Arya it was a lot more focused on some of the stories.
    I agree. Much less disjointed than the other episodes. The Wall stuff has been the best of the season. That scene with Grey Worm was the worst ever though.

Too much is happening outside of Westeros. Why does Dany even care all that much about Meereen? If she's using it as a test to see if she can rule then she's failing it miserably. However, there has never been a better time to strike Westeros with Tywin dead, the South at odds with the Lannisters, and the North having to deal with Stannis and Bolton. She'd rip them apart right now.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I liked this episode. With no King's Landing or Arya it was a lot more focused on some of the stories.
    I agree. Much less disjointed than the other episodes. The Wall stuff has been the best of the season. That scene with Grey Worm was the worst ever though.

Too much is happening outside of Westeros. Why does Dany even care all that much about Meereen? If she's using it as a test to see if she can rule then she's failing it miserably. However, there has never been a better time to strike Westeros with Tywin dead, the South at odds with the Lannisters, and the North having to deal with Stannis and Bolton. She'd rip them apart right now.
    I actually just read the chapter in Storm of Swords today when she decides to stay in Meereen. Basically Astapor and Yunkai when to trout when she left, so she decides to stay in Meereen to make sure the freed slaves are treated okay. (And in the books her dragons are still kind of small and she doesn't have all the ships she needs yet anyways).
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah I read up to that point in ASoS as well and it did make some sense up to that point. However, she doesn't seem to have an end game in Meereen. So she makes sure the slaves are ok until when exactly and then what happens after that? Also, we seem to be past ASoS in the show now that Tywin is dead and several other things I didn't read are happening. With the books I get the feeling that part of her is scared to go over to Westeros and that, deep down, she doesn't really want to rule it, and that also keeps her from leaving. I don't get any of that from the show Dany. This Dany seems to really want to rule but chooses this random place to do it with no real plan at all. I can't figure out what motivates her actions which makes them infuriating since they are often stupid decisions.

Also I wonder why they grew the dragons up quicker in the show? I also remember reading that they are smaller at this point. These are clearly grown up dragons ready to chew up some Lannisters (and Tyrells I guess). Also her Unsullied are getting softer by the day. Strike now while you can!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I agree!

And yeah, I really do think (both from a book and show perspective) that she doesn't REALLY want to go to Westeros. It's just greener pastures at this point.

Articles

The show dragons are definitely book 5 size by now and Tyrion going to meet her is also book 5 stuff if I remember correctly, whereas some parts of book 3 have yet to play out (and I can think of one or two of those things that I have a hard time believing they'd leave out). Other stories are on the verge of book 6 territory. They're definitely shifting the timelines around a bit. So far it's working out well enough, but it'll be interesting to see how they start tying things together.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, the timelines are majorly shifted. But so far it's made sense enough, so it doesn't bother me too much.

I used to be a crazy book burner about the show, but now I've come to accept they're separate entities and view the books more as supplemental info that gives me more insight into what's going on. There are SOME things I'd rather they left in the show or went by the books, but oh well.

It's kind of like how True Blood as a show is waaaaaaaaaay better than True Blood as a book series. They're different things, even though they're based in similar stories.