Page 323 of 528 FirstFirst ... 223273303313317318319320321322323324325326327328329333343373423 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,845 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Here have a gif we forgot about from Ramsey that helps with the ending of this episode.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I still don't know if I like what they're doing with Sansa as a diversion away from the books. She had some growth in the Vale, learning how to play the game and her change into that sexy dress showed she was ready to play the game. Now instead of following that path, she's done a 180 and is repeating her Joffrey storyline, a tormented plaything of a monster and still just a pawn. That takes nothing away from that scene though, well written and fantastically acted out.

It's the same for Jaime, I guess, with the storyline repetition. Captured due to his own arrogance and blundering into a trap, again making his Brienne roadtrip handloss growth for naught. Still, Dorne is a smurfing troutshow. Doop de doop, let's all walk into the Water Gardens in wacky disguises at the same time with the same goal, what ker-azy shenanigans will ensue? Oh no, it's the Sand Snakes with their awful acting, stupid monologues and dumb pixie haircuts!!!

I actually was somewhat interested in the Myrcella and Trystane dialogue, as the whole point of the Dorne arc is Myrcella and we don't give a smurf what happens to her if she's just some random blonde girl in the background with no lines, let alone any development. Have some more scenes for the girl if you want us to actually care. Oh and Prince Doran seems cool. More of him and Areo Hotah please.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yeah that fight scene was super bad. Like.. .Waaaat

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    dumb pixie haircuts!!!
    hey pixie haircuts are cool dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Yeah that fight scene was super bad. Like.. .Waaaat
    The one on the right xD wtf.

Though again, like, the one characterisation they've given to the Sand Snakes is that they're meant to be ~*~super badasses~*~ and yet they can't even win in a 3 vs 2 fight when one of the two has one hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    dumb pixie haircuts!!!
    hey pixie haircuts are cool dude
    Well I meant more for the setting of the show. Like, do they even know what layers are in medieval Westeros...?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Tbf, that specific pixie cut is pretty bad. I can't tell if it's her real hair or a wig.

Articles

Yeah! And to continue my rant, Tyene isn't even meant to look like that, in the books (sorry, I know, I know, books books books) she has long blonde hair and pale skin. The book Sand Snakes had diversity and I liked that, as no matter what their origin was, Oberyn's progeny were united together on this mission.

...you can tell I am this show's biggest fan because of how much I criticise it. I smurfing loved this episode and I smurfing love this show, honest!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, I think that's what is so disappointing about the Sand Snakes. In the books they're varying ages and all look different and have different personalities.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

The Dorne bits are so disappointing, seriously. I really liked them in the books, in the show it's just a circus.

The last scene. Wow. Didn't think they'd take it there but they did. I really hope they didn't just include that as more hate fodder for Ramsay.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I'm actually getting a little bothered by how miffed people are about it. I mean rape is horrible. It is. It was an uncomfortable scene. It could have triggered some people. I get that cause it was baaad. But people are forsaking the show entirely. I'm just kinda like uhh what? You were okay with Dany getting raped. You were okay with Theon getting his junk cut off and then mocked about it. You were okay with people getting beheaded. You were okay with a prostitute getting impaled. You were okay was a pregnant women being stabbed. You were okay with all the various throats being slit. You were okay with all the murder and violence and this is the breaking point? Were we watching the same show? How are you okay by everything else but that was your breaking point? I'd think the pregnant women being stabbed would have been a breaking point but nope.

It makes me throw my hands up like, goodness people. This isn't a nice show. This isn't a nice story. The good guys don't win. The bad guys get away with a lot. If you think that the good guys will win you really haven't been paying attention. Everyone has trout luck after trout luck. The bad guys aren't creatures of a fantasy world, the true monsters are humans. That's kinda the whole point of the series.

Like I get it, it was upsetting. Very much so. It was a disturbing scene. I can understand how you would not want to watch it. But the people who are acting like this was the worst thing ever, I'm just wondering what show they were watching before? Cause it wasn't Game of Thrones if they think that was the worst thing ever.

Articles

It was an especially emotionally disturbing scene mostly because it happened to a beloved character. Not really problematic in my perspective, or at least not any more so than a lot of the other scenes you mentioned. But other viewers have been dropping off from earlier rape and death scenes too. People will be differently affected by different scenes - if one scene disturbs them more than others, I'd say that's fair reason to stop watching and no cause for annoyance from anyone else. Why be annoyed that people stop watching for personal reasons?

As far as problematic goes, I'd say Dany's rape and Cersei's were more so because those were consensual* in the books and they seem to have been changed to non-consensual for little to no reason - at least I haven't noticed those events having any particular impact on any of the involved characters.

* Dany was 14 so consensual is perhaps not the right word but she did say yes, took active part, and didn't spend the scene crying.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Part of the reasons book readers, at least, are so mad is that it didn't happen to Sansa in the books. But more so than that, having her victimized (and the fallout this is sure to bring) is a complete 180 to the control and agency she's gained over her own decisions in the last season. So we were seeing this girl who had been abused and faced horrible, terrible things finally coming into her own as a person, seeing her gain strength and become a "player" as it were, and now she faced this and it's probably going to completely undo any development she's gone through.

Articles

A lot of people said they'd stop watching after Ned, after the Red Wedding, etc. but those viewing figures keep going up and up. The same people bitching about it will be back again next week.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Part of the reasons book readers, at least, are so mad is that it didn't happen to Sansa in the books. But more so than that, having her victimized (and the fallout this is sure to bring) is a complete 180 to the control and agency she's gained over her own decisions in the last season. So we were seeing this girl who had been abused and faced horrible, terrible things finally coming into her own as a person, seeing her gain strength and become a "player" as it were, and now she faced this and it's probably going to completely undo any development she's gone through.
    I'm still holding out some hope that this isn't the case. This is just a theory, but even though the event must have been indescribably horrific for Sansa, I felt like there was some sense of determination in her eyes throughout her whole part this episode. Like she knew what was going to happen but on some level had accepted paying that terrible price for a chance at revenge at an opportune time. But again, that's just a shred of hope I'm holding on to.

A lot of people said they'd stop watching after Ned, after the Red Wedding, etc. but those viewing figures keep going up and up. The same people bitching about it will be back again next week.
    While I imagine there are a lot of those people, I'm confident that there are many who do stop watching when they find it too disturbing. The numbers going up doesn't mean nobody stops watching.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I guess the writers have a fetish for tormented Sansa.

Speaking of Sansa, I liked how she told off that other girl. I can't wait for the parody recap of this episode.