Page 406 of 528 FirstFirst ... 306356386396400401402403404405406407408409410411412416426456506 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,090 of 7907

Thread: Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon!

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Arya is a young teenager. Young teenagers jump into situations they don't fully understand because it's what they think they want, realize it was a mistake, and go find something else. It might not be relevant to the grand scheme of everything in the world, but it's relevant for her as a person. It's what young kids do.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

ALSO. WHERE IS VARYS GOING

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    ALSO. WHERE IS VARYS GOING
    No idea, though I wonder if we'll see... Book Spoilerthe scene where he kills Kevan. Because that's the vibe I'm getting.

D&D claim that after this season there are only 12 episodes left before the series is wrapped up, so that might explain why the pacing's been a little faster this time around. It's why I'm expecting Possible spoiler, I guessthe white walkers to tear down the wall before this season is over, and start marching south, especially if it's true they're going to cut it down to six episodes next season.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    D&D claim that after this season there are only 12 episodes left before the series is wrapped up
    I just can't see that being the case. There is way too much still to happen, and given how slowly it has built up, it would be very, very insane to suddenly see dragons and white walkers just walking into Westeros and causing problems at all corners. I think there are at least two more seasons after this one, possibly up to four or five more. Especially when you consider that Mr. Martin has to try and keep some vague semblance of keeping up with his books.

No idea who D&D are, mind you.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayen View Post
    D&D claim that after this season there are only 12 episodes left before the series is wrapped up
    I just can't see that being the case. There is way too much still to happen, and given how slowly it has built up, it would be very, very insane to suddenly see dragons and white walkers just walking into Westeros and causing problems at all corners. I think there are at least two more seasons after this one, possibly up to four or five more. Especially when you consider that Mr. Martin has to try and keep some vague semblance of keeping up with his books.

No idea who D&D are, mind you.
    David Benioff and DB Weiss. The show creators.

It seems like wishful thinking on their part, however.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

BoB, that's confirmed. There will be two more seasons with 6 or 7 episodes each (I read 13 episodes left, Ayen). They are wrapping up the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    BoB, that's confirmed. There will be two more seasons with 6 or 7 episodes each (I read 13 episodes left, Ayen). They are wrapping up the story.
    Yeah, you're right. Did a quick Google search about it to double check.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Wow, that's disappointing. Doesn't feel anything remotely close to a climax at the moment. I'm guessing the White Walkers strike at the end of this season then, with dragons coming into Westeros around the same time. Sucks though, was hoping for a lot more than that. I guess they want to finish before they run out of "omg" moments.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Wow, that's disappointing. Doesn't feel anything remotely close to a climax at the moment. I'm guessing the White Walkers strike at the end of this season then, with dragons coming into Westeros around the same time. Sucks though, was hoping for a lot more than that. I guess they want to finish before they run out of "omg" moments.
    Seriously? Just 13 episodes? I'm with BoB. Things don't seem like they've wrapped up enough in the local stories. I mean, they really rushed that Riverlands plot, which was disappointing. The end of Arya's Braavos arc was slightly sub-par. Honestly, I'd rather they didn't rush everything. They already screwed Dorne over royally.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The world just got too big. Each season it seemed to get bigger instead of coming to a critical mass and starting to shrink down to resolution. Only in this season has it started to do that. It's unlikely that even Martin will be able to bring it together in two more gigantic books. He'll probably even expand it further.

Without knowing the resolution to every storyline in advance due to the work in progress nature of the source material, the show creators weren't able to pace it effectively. They didn't know which storylines were noncritical since the ending hasn't yet been written. Now that they are faced with the fatigue of running a major show like this for such a long time, they are forced to speed things up which makes resolutions a lot more predictable compared to earlier on. I expect this pacing to continue for the remaining 15 episodes. It kind of sucks but it does give the show an 8-year run which is pretty long by today's standards. Also it is cool to actually see loose ends being tied up.

It's possible the books will come to the same resolutions as the show but get there in a more nuanced way. Or Martin could just do something completely different.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Nah, the 13 or whatever episodes left feels right.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

So what I want to happen:

Jon comes back, takes up his rightful place as a stark or Targaryen, come on tower of joy, confirm that and then Ramsey comes to take sansa at the wall. And so there's a battle, The battle of the "Bastards". And mid fight BOOOOOMMMMMMM The wall comes crumbling down and the White walkers start making their way through. And then Zombies eat Ramsey.
    I still want this.

SPOILER FOR EPISODE TITLES CAUSE PHEESH DOESN'T WANT TO KNOW

Ep 9 is titled Battle of the Bastards and Episode 10 is The Winds of Winter.

So I totes called the episode title of 9. If I call the wall crumbling down you should all declare me the prophet

Articles
    Blog Entries

So what I want to happen:

Jon comes back, takes up his rightful place as a stark or Targaryen, come on tower of joy, confirm that and then Ramsey comes to take sansa at the wall. And so there's a battle, The battle of the "Bastards". And mid fight BOOOOOMMMMMMM The wall comes crumbling down and the White walkers start making their way through. And then Zombies eat Ramsey.
    I still want this.

SPOILER FOR EPISODE TITLES CAUSE PHEESH DOESN'T WANT TO KNOW

Ep 9 is titled Battle of the Bastards and Episode 10 is The Winds of Winter.

So I totes called the episode title of 9. If I call the wall crumbling down you should all declare me the prophet
    Are you the Prince(ess) that was promised?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Also, I really do hope the Waif killed Arya because it would actually redeem this boring ass plot, but I find it unlikely given that we saw her face on the wall. Also, what motives does she have? What is she going to do as Arya? Frankly, we just don't know enough about her or what she wants for that to happen. As it is, I never fully understood why she even hated Arya so much.
    Theories:

Removing one's own face is the final ritual to becoming no one.

The house was given a name of someone is Westeros only Arya can get close to (Jon? Sansa?) and the house was either going to train Arya to truly become no one so she can kill them or if she went against the teachings, kill her and take her face so that the waif could become her and perform the assassination.

The Waif knew if Arya failed she would be the final test in becoming a true faceless man so she didn't attempt to form attachments. Not that she would form attachments anyway as she is trying to become no one.

And all the stuff she did and said to Jaqen afterwards? Well she's already in character
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Those are good theories, BMN. I like them and how they answered my questions. I'm not sure I'm on board with them (although I think it would make the plot SO much more interesting) but they certainly give the Waif a motive for wanting to become Arya/take her place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.